• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Ecstacy/potential heart thing

GetMeOutOfThisCRAP

Bluelighter
I'm just going to be honest. I was in a crippling dark place and didn't care about myself for a bit. It wasn't anything suicidal, but somehow went 3 days without sleep on an e-bender (spacing out the doses quite a lot apart).

I cannot tell you the quality of it all. I just don't want do ecstacy again. After finally getting sleep, I woke up with my heart hurting just a bit. Slept well that very night. As I arise today I feel fully healed and normal. Furthermore, my heart is been fine... with the exception of randomly being hit by some kind of mild heartbeat spazz every few hours and then feeling dizzy a bit for a second. After that dizziness goes away I am totally fine.

I am going to get checked up this summer (difficult where I am with pandemic/insurance atm). I did not mean to let it get that far tbh. I'm having a really hard time with the length of this quarantine. I'm pretty healthy and in shape.. and I'd imagine it could be so much worse without a healthy physique. Has anyone experienced this with other stimulants?

I sometimes get what feels like heart fluctuation a few days after I come down from a big stimulant bender. I actually saw a cardiologist and after checking everything he told me he thought it was anxiety-related.

As I’m sure you know, anxiety can be a major part of recovering from heavy stim use. And anxiety manifests physically in different ways on different people. Some feel nauseous, others that their heart is out of order somehow.

I’ve treated it successfully with valium. And this might sometimes be a week after my last dose of stims.

What were your doses? I’ve done 3 day MDMA benders on more than a few occasions, unless your doses got stupid you’ll likely be fine.

I stopped my 3 day sessions cuz the comedowns were just too much. Surprisingly 2 day sessions leave me often feeling a better afterglow than 1 dayers, but maybes that’s the amazing set/setting/experience ;)

My heart and cardiovascular health is top notch too, last I checked.

I’d be more worried about large meth binges, and cocaine/crack causing heart damage.

-GC