• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Eating Raw Hash - The Final Word

i got some soft afghan hash and was looking on eating some some, so googled searched and came across this thread. would you say 0.5 g be enough to eat raw?

Wow. I would so NOT recommend doing that. Putting a product rolled in a place like Afghanistan into YOUR STOMACH is a really bad idea :(

Wish I'd stumbled onto this thread yesterday. In the interests of harm minimisation, please do NOT eat ANY organic material from third world countries with lax hygiene standards :(

Last edited:
I wonder if this is still harm reduction or white man's chauvinism/simple racism.
Do you really think that dope from "first world" (seriously?) countries is produced and cutted under hygiene standards (not mentioned the used cutting agent?), while hash from Afghanistan gives you teh super aids?

They roll that shit (sometime literally) with their bare hands.

You are using rubbing alcohol before eating pussy/sucking dick, aren't you?
8(

Last edited:
I ate one lump just over half a g felt a slight mellow buzz but nothing major after 3 hours I ate another lump which left me feeling gradually more fucked every hour was still feeling it 8am this morning. Felt like it was never gonna end.

I'm ok now tho. Hope I don't get any strange illness from it tho!

I wonder if this is still harm reduction or white man's chauvinism/simple racism.
Do you really think that dope from "first world" (seriously?) countries is produced and cutted under hygiene standards (not mentioned the used cutting agent?), while hash from Afghanistan gives you teh super aids?

You are using rubbing alcohol before eating pussy/sucking dick, aren't you? [/COLOR]8(

Lol. Sure thing, buddy, whatever you reckon. Ever been to India? Ever used an Indian toilet without toilet paper? Would you drink the water there? No? Then why the FUCK would you eat the hash? And, yes, I would eat a lump of iso-hash or BHO wax a hundred times over before I would some dirty black hash rolled in the hands of someone who uses those same hands to wipe their arse with! :D

So simple. Simply produce a high quality purge *you can look it up* you yield less when using just frosty (as in crystalized nugs) but I think the potency more than makes up for it. Plus you can run another run or two afterwards. Then simply dissolve the solution into room temp butter and make chocolate/peanut-butter/smores. You just stir the butter/hash oil until fully mixed, add with the dry goods, mix and back. I've found chocolate works best... Good luck.

Wish I'd stumbled onto this thread yesterday. In the interests of harm minimisation, please do NOT eat ANY organic material from third world countries with lax hygiene standards :(

Same probably goes for the food. I got some nasty gastro there but I've heard worse stories of amoeba's and dysentery, cholera etc. Would I go back and drink some bhang lassi again? Fuck yes!

But you're right probably the safest thing is not to eat anything raw there.

Same probably goes for the food. I got some nasty gastro there but I've heard worse stories of amoeba's and dysentery, cholera etc. Would I go back and drink some bhang lassi again? Fuck yes!

But you're right probably the safest thing is not to eat anything raw there.

Exactly. It's just common sense, not freaking white man racism - more 'white man not at all tolerant to viruses and bacteria common to rural areas of South Asia'

To be fair though, in retrospect, Afghani hash is probably going to have been processed (i.e. heated) anyway so it's probably not a huge issue (I still wouldn't recommend it) but that India charas that thy gather with their hands then roll balls, that shit is bad news - fine to smoke but you just don't want to eat anything that's been rolled in someone's hand, no matter where they are from.

Last edited:
For all I know the guy who made my bhang lassi might have warmed up the charas before he put it in the blender but I highly doubt it. He almost certainly wouldn't have gone through the whole traditional process with the boiling water, warm milk and mortar and pestle and repeated straining. Just milk, garam masala, sugar and blender by the taste of it. Luckily no amoeba for me.

Oh yeah you would. Tastiest shit going, gives a good stone. Get it up ya!

Bhang Recipe
from Flavors Of India, by Shanta Nimbark Sacharoff

2 cups water
1 ounce marijuana (fresh leaves and flowers of a female plant preferred)
4 cups warm milk
2 tablespoons blanched and chopped almonds
1/8 teaspoon garam masala [a mixture of cloves, cinnamon, and cardamon]
1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
1/2 to 1 teaspoon rosewater
1 cup sugar

Bring the water to a rapid boil and pour into a clean teapot. Remove any seeds or twigs from the marijuana, add it to the teapot and cover. Let this brew for about 7 minutes. Now strain the water and marijuana through a piece of muslin cloth, collect the water and save. Take the leaves and flowers and squeeze between your hands to extract any liquid that remains. Add this to the water. Place the leaves and flowers in a mortar and add 2 teaspoons warm milk. Slowly but firmly grind the milk and leaves together. Gather up the marijuana and squeeze out as much milk as you can. Repeat this process until you have used about 1/2 cup of milk (about 4 to 5 times). Collect all the milk that has been extracted and place in a bowl. By this time the marijuana will have turned into a pulpy mass. Add the chopped almonds and some more warm milk. Grind this in the mortar until a fine paste is formed. Squeeze this paste and collect the extract as before. Repeat a few more times until all that is left are some fibers and nut meal. Discard the residue. Combine all the liquids that have been collected, including the water the marijuana was brewed in. Add to this the garam masala, dried ginger and rosewater. Add the sugar and remaining milk. Chill, serve, and enjoy.

I was a bit 8o at the oz of marijuana until I read it a few times and realised its calling for fresh herb - leaves too - wouldn't go chucking an oz of dried bud, or even an oz of fresh chronik. That recipe might work in India but I reckon if you tried it here you'd be catatonic =D

Yeah I've toned it down after the first couple of experiences. 1 oz of undried sativa bud prepared in that way gave an almost psychedelic experience. Didn't measure the doses either. Just chugged it down.

Now I use a bit more than 300mls of milk and 10 grams of dried bud. After its been strained you get 1 shot glass full for a dose and its still plenty strong enough. You just need to be warned to wait 45 minutes until you even think about having a second shot.

Edit: Warning if you are unfamiliar with the effects of oral cannabis use a ratio of 600ml to 10g the first time you do this. You can always have more afterwards but you can't have less once you've taken it.

Last edited:
Lets be honest you don't know where any illegal drugs have been before they get to you so your always taking a risk

Lets be honest you don't know where any illegal drugs have been before they get to you so your always taking a risk
That's what I wanted to say. It doesn't matter if it's from India, USA, some Europe country, or anything else, you never know if the producer washed his hands after taking a crap and besides that you wouldn't normally die because of this.

Btw. I've been to India, food tastes god damn good there and of course the cooks don't use gloves. Well I don't either. Never got sick of raw food though. I wouldn't drink the tap water there because it's chlorinated. If there was spring or fountain water, I would.

The food in the country (first world fascism) I'm living is fertilized with pig/bullshit, which I consider more problematic.

Last edited:
Plain raw buds never got me high, although I dont think Ive ever eaten more than a gram or two raw. I was under the impression THC didnt achieve its psychoactive effects when eaten until its bound to fat or oils in food. Can someone more knowledgeable clarify this for me?

This isnt the first time Ive heard of such a thing. Someone on this forum told me you could eat small amounts of raw BHO wax and get high, which I didnt find effective. I had to simmer larger amounts into butter for awhile before I achieved desirable results when eating it. Could anything explain what I may have done wrong?

Not sure about the oil thing but what you are asking about is the conversion of THC-A to THC. The graph at the link below shows rates of conversion at different temperatures over time.
http://skunkpharmresearch.com/decarboxylation/

That recipe I posted is probably not the most efficient way to use cannabis but is good fun if you have heaps of fresh buds. The boiling water and milk must convert a decent amount of the THCA because the time's I've had the bhang from raw weed it has definitely been active. Using dried buds is probably more potent/efficient but I haven't done a side by side comparison weight for weight.

I dont have heaps of fresh buds I have about an 8th of primo cured ones. Unfortuantely I do not have quick access to the masala, walnuts, anything much besides hot water, milk, and butter/peanut butter. An edible right now is a must because I cant smoke but I have limited access to gas or electric stoves (or more accurately, the luxury of using stoves with the roomate situation). Please check the thread I just made in this forum about making cannabutter on a charcoal grill. lol I understand these circumstances are less than ideal and even somewhat comical but Id like to make the most out of my edibles, as Im sure we all do, and I cant smoke without nasty fits of coughing and headaches...