• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Eastbound and Down

Finder

Bluelight Crew
Anyone watching this? I saw this late last month a friends crib and was pretty shocked about how funny it is. The premise follows has been, white trash former baseball pitching star (Danny McBride) moves back to his hometown to become a PE teacher while he prepares to get back into "the Majors".

It's pretty lowbrow, but I find McBride's delivery hilariously inappropriate. I think it does an excellent job lampooning some of those very real trashy baseball stars of the last couple decades.

I agree. There's only been like 6 episodes though, and the season finale is this week!

"..im the man with the ball. im the one who can throw it faster than fuck. kiss my ass and suck my dick..everyone"

good things;)

"I got a dental dam in my truck. It's like a condom for your mouth.
It's for your protection too.
You don't know what kinda shit I got."

"Listen I don't want no pussy gettin' wet dresses for this cookout. This needs to be a normal, evening outfit that regular people would wear."

Brilliant.

Hope it gets a second season, but if not it works in those six episodes.

"I play real sports, I'm not tryin' to be the best at excercisin'."

great show, and GREAT SEASON ENDING! love how each episode kinda ended on a sad/fucked up note.

love it also!!!! your out and i am fuckin in.....LOL and that actress that plays april is a doll.. my god i think she is one of the hottest actresses i have seen in a few years i dont usually get a crush on ladys in the movies but her voice demeanor and everything on the show made me unable to resist.

Heard it got picked up for a second season earlier today.

i heard from my friend it was great show. but i didnt watch this show. i hope in my spare time i will watch. :)

you should youtube search for "aaron best of eastbound and down" or whatever. so fucking funny! :D

Ughhhhhh Danny McBride makes my skin crawl. I can't sit through more than about ten minutes of this show, not because I don't find it's premise entertaining but because the main character/actor who plays main character makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

I feel this way about everything he's in, not only this show in particular.

aosuhdfoaksdfojasfm God he skeeves me out!!!

Kenny Powers is meant to be a total cunt. He has no redeemable features whatsoever. He is an anti-hero. McBride is likeable because he is unlikeable which is no more or less valid than being likeable for being likeable, like countless other TV protagonists. Personally I find it refreshing to not be confronted with another contrived personality who is supposed to be my friend.

^ I see the point you're making, but I just can't get behind it if Danny McBride is the one at the helm.

I love it! I am a chick and I have never been offended. Kenny "Fucking" Powers is one of the funniest characters ever. I live in the south and I know dudes like that. I mean he gets fucked over,embarrassed,humiliated,ect..constantly throughout the series. And it's bc he is a dick,yes,but his lack of self esteem and growing up emotionally as a man in his 30s is so opaque through Kenny's unwavering denial to be a rock star in his own mind. I laugh harder every episode.It's awesome!

apparently the scene where the April girl shows her tits is a body double. Its not the real actress

the last episode with lily tomlin as his mom was pretty fucking aces.

"okay, what are you holding?"
"got some percocet, xanax, what about you?"
"valium, muscle relaxers"
"if you take the xanax and percocet together it's like fucking heroin."
"why the fuck didn't you tell me that before?!"

:D