• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Dance Music Discussion

I don't know a great deal about dance music, but I know what I like when I'm off me tits.

I found this on Youtube and it really floats my boat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKagztQGPyo&t=2763s

That's exactly the ticket - what a perfect post - it sounds mint but due to the epic nature of the set (a 2 hour B2B mix with Axell Astrid and Clas6 live from a soiree in Poland) I'll be saving it - possibly for the trip I'm planning on doing next w/e if I live that far. I need to start putting together a good select ready and this looks like it will hit the spot perfecto <3

That's exactly the ticket - what a perfect post - it sounds mint but due to the epic nature of the set (a 2 hour B2B mix with Axell Astrid and Clas6 live from a soiree in Poland) I'll be saving it - possibly for the trip I'm planning on doing next w/e if I live that far. I need to start putting together a good select ready and this looks like it will hit the spot perfecto <3

Are you familiar with him/her/them then? I fuckin love all the trippy noises with that driving beat...

No never heard of them but that is no reflection whatsoever on how or why they are. The beauty of this stuff is that you can discover new jocks virtually ever day that are worth listening too. This is right up my alley - scanning through it it's basically tech / club trance that leans heavily into the whole 'goa' / 'psy - trance' thing.

If you're planning a trip Stee, I heartily recommend this for both the soundtrack and the eye candy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCl-7AbyCsY&t=2063s

The soundtrack is good in itself, but much more chilled/ambient (and more suitable for tripping imo).

But the visuals will blow your mind!! I first found this well into a 3fpm binge and couldn't tell if what I was seeing was actually there or I was hallucinating to fuck. After watching it again straight, I still can't tell...

I had never seen S. Project live until that year - first was at...

...where he tore up the final hour in the Discotech Generation showcase in the NEC Arena, then I had a similar second wind experience at that years Godskitchen Global Gathering where he helped me re - discover my legs come 6am, beginning the final hour with said 'Arome' record. I last heard him play it at Slinky's 2004 Halloween do @ The Opera House in Bournemouth and I have not heard Scott or anyone else play it since.

This is the set from when I saw him that year:
https://www.mixesdb.com/w/2002-09-28_-_Scot_Project_@_5_Years_Godskitchen,_Telewest_Arena,_Newcastle

Arome - Hands Up (Scot Project Remix)
Yoji Biomehanika - A Theme From Banginglobe
Organ Donors - 99.9
Marc Et Claude - Lovin You 2002 (DJ Isaac Remix)
Art Of Trance - Madagascar (Kumara Remix)
Scot Project - S (Outerspace)
Scot Project - O (Overdrive)
Yakooza - Cocaine (Derb Remix)
Geal - Losing My Feelin (The Beholder & Balistic Remix)

^He probably played a lot of the same tunes, he was always well known for that. SHOKK released pretty much all of their tunes in lossless a year or two back, a lot of them previously unreleased digitally. I really really love SHOKK - quality, quality hard trance. Well produced and banging without being cringey cheese. Just driving and dark with cool as fuck leads and acid lines. I'm a big fan of Isn't It All a Little Strange/Folie A Deux/their Flutlicht stuff. Also, cheers for giving the heads up about Passion. I always wanted to go, and now I probably will.

I fucking love electronic music and clubs. Taking psychedelics and dancing/listening to slick as fuck sound whilst getting my tribal mind on the go pretty much sums me up exactly. I'm a total electronic music fiend. Prog/trance and psy-trance are my favourites; I just basically love driving, dark melodic stuff.

I think my next night out is going to see Sasha at Fabric on March 18th. He always absolutely rinses clubs. His Resident Advisor Mix from a few years back pretty much sums up what he' playing thes days, although he's always a lot more banging when you see him in a club.

https://soundcloud.com/sashaofficial/resident-advisor-mix-491-sasha

^F.U.B.A.R. - the mix you were asking about is a mixture of progressive and fullon psytrance. They are pretty similar and sometimes pretty much indestinguishable in some cases, except that the full on tends to be 140bpm+. There is a lot of crossover with this kind of sound. People just basically started making melodic full on at slower BPM's a few years back. It's probably a lot of music by liquid soul, ace ventura, zyce etc etc.

E-clip makes a slightly more dark/driving version of this sound which I love. Like this mix:
https://soundcloud.com/e-clip/liveset_may2010

Brainiac is one of my favourite people for full on. Pounding, glitched out and melodic. This mix is perfection IMO:
https://soundcloud.com/brainiac/brainiac-mixed-up-2012

30 min vid from the 5th B'day...

I was at a friends night at the Mezzanine in Wolverhampton that evening. He had booked Mark Sherry & AJ Gibson, the lattter who I spent a lot of the night shooting the shit with - my main question being as to why he wasn't playing the Telewest do (he was somewhat upset at being overlooked as none of the ressies played the main arena that night).

Fucking love Sasha but again - someone I haven't caught live in an age, the last time being at 'Renaissance: Wild In The County' @ Shugborough Hall in Staffordshire 1/4/2004 (RA reviewed it here >>> https://www.residentadvisor.net/reviews/2060).

R1 recorded 2 of his 4 hour B2B set with Diggers (Mixcloud https://www.mixcloud.com/marklambert14/sasha-digweed-essential-mix-wild-in-the-country-may-2004/

and before I give Sasha a rest - here's one of the best vids I have seen from The Warehouse Project (courtesy of R1 for their Essential Mix 20th B'Day celebrations)...

I'm not really as clued up with dance music as I'd like to be, it's great reading through threads like these and listening to the recommendations of people that are proper passionate about the subject.

I seriously dig weird abrasive techno stuff like this.

I've got friends that are really into fun house-y(?) tracks like this and this, so I get a lot of my music through their recommendations.

When it comes to the trance side of things, I'm fairly clueless. I do really like a bit of dark psy though, absolutely love stuff from the OSOM label side of things, like this.

Bit of wide genre title there Stee...I mean you can dance to any music really? =D

But I know your musical obsessions so let's really go back to the begining and play dis

I I gets some monies in time (and some friend(s)) this has to be a must. Fucking Mauro! xxxxxxx

921747_2_gatecrasher-laser-unity-_1024.jpg

0a6ebc3e96.jpg

Fucking Sonique as well <3 haven't seen her play in 16 yar....

I'm not really as clued up with dance music as I'd like to be, it's great reading through threads like these and listening to the recommendations of people that are proper passionate about the subject.

I seriously dig weird abrasive techno stuff like this.

I've got friends that are really into fun house-y(?) tracks like this and this, so I get a lot of my music through their recommendations.

When it comes to the trance side of things, I'm fairly clueless. I do really like a bit of dark psy though, absolutely love stuff from the OSOM label side of things, like this.

^Nice techno tune. The psy trance tune is cool but I'd definitely think I'd lost my mind if I'd heard it out.

How come you're not as clued up on dance music as you'd like to be? Nothing else does it for me like dance music does.

Love some nice driving morning psy like this. The drop at 4.05 is just so fucking lush, I adore it. <3

And how could anybody not dance to this.

The reason I don't get other music is because it isn't heady pounding digital drug music.

Electronic music. <3

^Nice techno tune. The psy trance tune is cool but I'd definitely think I'd lost my mind if I'd heard it out.

How come you're not as clued up on dance music as you'd like to be? Nothing else does it for me like dance music does.

The reason I don't get other music is because it isn't heady pounding digital drug music.

Electronic music. <3

Sounds like you're seriously in need of some Hawkwind pal...

I suppose it's mostly because I have my fingers in a fair few pies when it comes to musical interests. Playing drums and guitar has been a fairly consistent past time for me, so I do tend to return to non electronic music a bit more often than the electronic side of things. Dance music is such a big encompassing thing that I think I'd really have to spend some time immersing myself in it to get to a stage where I feel I know it well and can talk a lot about it, and I simply haven't got round to doing that yet!

The psy trance tune is cool but I'd definitely think I'd lost my mind if I'd heard it out.

Haha, I can understand that. Most people I show that stuff seem to find it a bit too weird and meandering, but it has a way of really playing with my perceptions and drawing me into a trance when I'm tripping.

The more 'standard' psytrance sound is admittedly more suitable as actual dance music and works great through a club sound system though. Both those tracks you posted are cool, especially the Dirty Saffi one which has a bit more of a heaviness to it that really appeals to me.

It's incredible to think that Sasha was playing when I was three.

Was anybody here raving in the 1980's?

Nope. Didn't go out to my first proper hardcore night until November '94 (Pandemonium @ Mr. B's (the ironical name of the club has only just become apparent to me this very minute)) - they ran a weekly hardcore night at the club until '96) and as such it was the first year that the the spilt in the styles of the DJ's had become well and truly cemented so for my first appearance at a 'proper' dance event with 'proper' nationally famous professional disc jockeys.

This particular night was primarily jungle flavoured with a smattering of happy hardcore - Quest ressi Ned Ryder did a full on 'lost in the Amazon stylee' (that stupid word is culturally correct considering the context), legend Swan-e doing a half and half (first 30 mins jungle then building through to happy core to finish with) and Fallout doing that jungle - techno type sound that is probably most associated with Ratty & Tango.

Not exactly classic Hac. but after years as a Amiga / Rave / Everton obsessed adolescence this was my cheery officially popped. Didn't have the balls to do a pill at that point (I had only stated using drugs within the last year) so a gram of whizz and 2 grams of commercial weed for the comedown was my initial and for the first 2 years until I started going to the all night events, was my standard party script.

Flyer (I went to the party on the 12th)

Front

Pandemonium_121194_whentimebegan_f.jpg

back

pansatb.jpg

I will copy these into the Dance thread to avoid derailing the through discussion with my typical yawnathon obsessed dance music contributions =D

Was anybody here raving in the 1980's?

Not really, but I was certainly old enough - in fact, being 25 in 1989, I thought I was TOO old for this new fangled music and ecstasy lark. The only concession I made to this new culture was to visit the rave nights at Legends in Warrington and The Boardwalk in Manchester. Me and a mate (both long haired bikers at the time) used to get loaded on heroin then ride down to the club and dance with all the very friendly girlies there. We weren't really into the music (though that changed when I had my first pill - a dove - a year or two later), but we liked the atmosphere and everyone was blatantly off their tits - which we could totally relate to. We must have looked a bit of an odd couple - turning up in leathers clutching our helmets (fnarr, fnarr), eyes pinned to fuck when everyone else's were like saucers. It was all totally cool though, but we did get the odd comment like "You DO know it's rave night don't you?"...

Gutted I missed this fuck on Saturday but I suppose it's just one occupational hazard from not having a life. Mauro Picotto. Wounder.

921747_2_gatecrasher-laser-unity-_1024.jpg

15975232_10154301593969856_6710020353174785297_o.j  pg

but anyway hey ho this is the fourth sell out event they have pulled off since Godskitchen closed in June so hopefully I'll get up to one before the years out.

Anyway here's some nice trippy lights from Sonique's set (great to see her well and performing)

Met my missus in Gatecrasher when Mauro was headlining, twas at gatecrasher London at Heaven 15 years ago.

This has got me excited to go out, a rarity these days as I seem to prefer the idea of a night out over a night out :D

The new venue (printworks) looks great in the opening minutes of that vid.

Hopefully get to experience it at some point.