Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Dystopian/Cyberpunk movies?

Yeah, I take what I can get, unfortunately. Hollywood has done a pretty shitty job of providing us with cyberpunk films

pretty much this

your best bet is to just call it a day and read a William S. Gibson novel and pretend

I actually just watched Strange Days the other night (after I posted in here, of course) and I was very very impressed.

Certainly up there with the better ones, and very underrated..

The Animatrix is the only one not yet mentioned that I know of that is properly "cyber punk" (at least some of the shorts are, as they all take place in the universe of "The Matrix"). Netflix has very few cyber punk films on instant viewing (as far as I know very few decent cyber punk films exist at all).

Other not yet mentioned films with elements of cyber punk: Tetsuo: The Iron Man (in a techo body-horror sense), and Existenz (in a moody dark surreal futuristic video game sense).

added strange days to the instant que, will watch it tomorrow before work or thursday when i have off. also added alphaville and narcosys as they were under teh cyberpunk genre. ill report back if its worth anything. alphaville looks interesting because it was filmed in 65.

Narcosys

Hehe, Narcosys is funny, low budget british movie with lots of tattoooed and pierced people running around doing drugs and waving guns around.

Other not yet mentioned films with elements of cyber punk: Tetsuo: The Iron Man (in a techo body-horror sense), and Existenz (in a moody dark surreal futuristic video game sense).

I still haven't seen it all the way through, even though I own the DVD. It's a bit exhausting. But I like what I've seen so far. And whilst we're on the subject of Japanese film.

akira-posterbig1.jpg

Has anyone mentioned "9"? Best thing Tim Burton has been involved with for a long time. Even though the first half of the film has more promise than the weak ending provides.

tim_burton_shane_acker_9.jpg