View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

dxm qustion

drugsaregod

Greenlighter
hello my freind is 14 and he feels after his several uses of dxm, he can not speak as fluently as he once could. this is a problem for him because he alredy has social issues. will this fade over time. i doubt this is something permanet after a couple of times uses this substance. what do you think?

Dissociative usage con definitely increase anxiety after the high as faded.
When I use ketamine regularly I suffer the same for a few days to a week, it fades in time.

Based on your other post, i am going to guess that your friend is you. DXM use is not illegal, there is no need to speak as if you were someone else. DXM is considered safe, even in higher doses. The only troubles stem from olneys lesions, which are small holes in the brain, but THIS IS NOT PROVEN IN HUMANS, so it may not happen. I know the effects you are talking about. For me they subsided in a few weeks. Try just giving it time.

DXM used as a cough supressant is safe, high dose or frequent usage of it as a recreational drug is not very healthy mentally.

Because DXM is usually taken at high doses and it has several long lasting active metabolites, it's entirely possible to feel washed out for a few days after a DXM trip. And if you're a regular user of it then the side effects just get worse. Part of the issue is DXM does not exactly encourage high levels of mental and physical activity. It can distract you enough from your normal habits that your internal "balance" is thrown off. A good way to make sure you get back to feeling normal after periods of dissociative use is encouraging
yourself to stick to good habits, push your mental limits, and to get aerobic excercise every day.

DXM also messes with your sleep cycle and can reduce the quality of sleep you get, even up to a day or so father you trip, again because of the long lasting metabolites coupled with high intrinsic dose amounts. SO that's another thing to look out for. Try to get 6-8 hours of good restful sleep every night, especially before and after you trip.

Olneys lesions are a crock of shit, they plain and simple don't happen in humans.

The sort of foggy feeling you can get from regular DXM use does dissipate with time. Sometimes small doses of e.g. caffeine or other stimulants can help, too, but don't take so much that the rebound/comedown makes you feel worse.