View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM questions

cyberius

Bluelight Crew
Am I the only one that believes when used in the right settings, dxm is a very potent etheogen/psychedelic that can provide great insight into life? I've often thought of DXM as an awkward party drug for kids but I recently had many surprisingly deep revelations and visuals, and the trip has put me in a better mood ever since. I personally would put it up there with LSD and mushrooms in terms of therapeutic value.

Another thing I was curious with was what is the tolerance like with DXM? How often can I use it? I'm a bit hungry for the state of dissociative relaxation I got 4 days ago and considering how clear I feel I'm thinking of doing some tomorrow night with my girlfriend. Would this be especially dangerous? What should I be worried about if I use it a bit excessively for a bit.

I have a soft spot for DXM, I find it very therapeutic and potent. I like it more than Ketamine, in fact. The only issue being the ingestion of horrible chemical laden cough syrup that's required to dose it, unless you find a source online.

Four days apart is enough time IME.

I've tried it twice in cough syrup, can't remember the doses but once was two bottles the next double both of which should have sent me tripping big time. All that happened was I felt dire. puked my guts up and felt flu like for the next couple of days with the increased dose increasing negative symptoms. It always sounds so intriguing I wish it worked for me, (yeah had checked it was only DXM in it no other additives)

Am I the only one that believes when used in the right settings, dxm is a very potent etheogen/psychedelic that can provide great insight into life? I've often thought of DXM as an awkward party drug for kids but I recently had many surprisingly deep revelations and visuals, and the trip has put me in a better mood ever since. I personally would put it up there with LSD and mushrooms in terms of therapeutic value.

Another thing I was curious with was what is the tolerance like with DXM? How often can I use it? I'm a bit hungry for the state of dissociative relaxation I got 4 days ago and considering how clear I feel I'm thinking of doing some tomorrow night with my girlfriend. Would this be especially dangerous? What should I be worried about if I use it a bit excessively for a bit.

It is not potent and I do not consider it to have any meaningfull purpose besides getting high. It is not a party drug either. Nobody will understand what you say and you move with half your soul out of your body :/ It can be having anti-depressant effects in low doses I assume. I see no therapeutic value whatsoever, not even combined with LSD or mushrooms which were insane trips I had. I would wait one week for the tolerance but it builds up higher and higher even if you don't use it for a long time. I can take one gram and I will be bored on the first plateau with nausea and problems with my gastro-intestinals. I have abused it so much I told myself to never use it again. It's just not worth it for me anymore. Like losing the MDMA magic. People who have abused it very seriously have sworn their mind had changed in psychiatric value states and recommended noone to use it. I have no problems however.

Enjoy it while it lasts :)

It is not potent and I do not consider it to have any meaningfull purpose besides getting high. It is not a party drug either. Nobody will understand what you say and you move with half your soul out of your body :/ It can be having anti-depressant effects in low doses I assume. I see no therapeutic value whatsoever, not even combined with LSD or mushrooms which were insane trips I had. I would wait one week for the tolerance but it builds up higher and higher even if you don't use it for a long time. I can take one gram and I will be bored on the first plateau with nausea and problems with my gastro-intestinals. I have abused it so much I told myself to never use it again. It's just not worth it for me anymore. Like losing the MDMA magic. People who have abused it very seriously have sworn their mind had changed in psychiatric value states and recommended noone to use it. I have no problems however.

Enjoy it while it lasts :)

No offence, but just because you abused dxm doesnt mean that others cant find it beneficial when used sparingly.

Ive abused ketamine but can understand that other may be able to use it better.
I really love dxm but never abused it, to much of a hangover to use often ime.

Whereas ketamine i can do a gram and go work the day after no probs.

I'd used DXM heavily for many years until i had to walk away from it. Over time i started to develop tinnitus and headaches, which faded after a few years without taking any. But i will always have a soft spot in my heart for this compound. Some of the trips on relatively high doses 750-1000mgs we're simply remarkable. Watching the universe form while floating through space part of the infinte. Full on dissociation from my body, at one with everything absorbing crucial knowledge about the orgins of the cosmos.

At one point i became obsessed with it and continued pushing the envelope. Using pure powder towards the end sourced from an RC vendor. Listening to ambient music while laying in bed was my favorite. It was a wonderful drug till i abused it, then it bit back hard.

I miss it but had headaches that lasted for months the last time i took it. Pretty much i just stick with psychedelics, my body agrees with them more. Tryptamines in particular, relatively no side effects whatsoever. Planning on a shroom trip next weekend with my girl.

Last edited:
I got away once with dosing another 3rd plateau the day after, as in, producing an equally successful trip. I never made a habit out of that though. Today, a decade later, I still consider skipping one 2nd plat per month an unnecessary denial of mental clarity. But you can't afford to be dishonest to yourself about habit patterns, or you'll certainly get the diminishing returns.

One does get tired of the excruciating nausea. And not every mitigation of nausea is equally benign. If I do skip my monthly trip, it's because I don't want the brain rot that is DPH lying around. That's the biggest drawback to DXM in my opinion, the synergy with shitty deliriants. But that's probably because I've been off the weed for so long.

DXM touched my heart and was my best friend back when I was a teenager.

I loved DXM more than I loved life back then and I overdosed many times and almost died once, ending up in the hospital in a coma.

Everyday I'm grateful for being alive and even though I still sometimes crave DXM, I won't ever take it again because I simply love it too much.

Time has changed and I'll stick to acid and DMT nowadays!

I find them to be way more gentle on the body in return of the teachings that they offer.

Peace and love for everyone YUPII!

Actually I have found DXM to be somewhat therapeutic.
It helps going in with that mindset too though like more traditional psychs.

I remember one time I felt like I was visited by the spirits of my deceased ancestors. One touched my head and said calmly "we love you"
It was extremely profound and only one of the few really special trips I've had with dxm

DXM really does have a nice psychedelic feel to it regardless of if it's classified as one, meditating and thinking on it feels more free and less uncomfortable to me and I feel like I can see things from outside the situation. I've made a lot of decisions based on conclusions I came to on DXM.

I tried DXM at high-dose one time (700mg) and didn't like it. I felt hot and puked. And, that's from someone who had an habit with ketamine.

Around 100mg of DXM just before going to bed is the sweet spot for me. It gives a calm visionnary state while drifting to sleep and vivid dreams. But I'm not much experienced with that, did it only a few times.