• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

dxm pills

otherwise, its just like a very mild trip... not really worth spending the $$$ on... i'd just get the real thing anyway.
I disagree... at high doses, DXM is anything but mild.
BigTrancer :)

I think that talking about DXM wouldn't actually promote it being scheduled, i mean all pharmacists know about it's psychotropic effects and did before DXM replaced codeine as the most proflific cough suppressant. In terms of allievating symptoms of cold and flu, the pharmaceutical industry inevitably have to turn to the holy trinity: codeine, pseudoephadrine and DXM all of which i'm pleased to say have psychotropic effect. The devil in this pantheon is paracetamol or acetimorphin which has no recreational dose and at high doses shreds your liver and makes you um dead... painfully. I guess what i'm on about is if the people want fast effective pain relief then the pharm companies are gonna dish one of these out and talking about it isn't gonna really change it (hopefully).
DXM a mild trip, i guess it is if ya having a borderline 1st plateau experience. Personally anything above 230mg makes me feel as if i'm gonna fall off the planet, real unstable, powerful shit!

hahaha, i remember the days when i'd go up to the counter and get 3 200ml bottles for me and friends, and then claim that 'mum is stocking up for the winter' to the cashier.
you can distill the dirty shit into a fairly solid goo, u can then shove the goo into empty geletan caps if you prefer to have pills instead of liquid. Just browze the usual sites (eg: erowid) n u'll eventually bump into the distilling page.
hey just a little question: we don't really get bunk pills in australia with DXM in them do we? I've noticed on many american sites that its a big problem there, but here our bunks seem to b mainly speed or k.
and another q, i don't know if id do it anymore but i'va always wondered about having DXM with MDMA. I hear it can be higly dangerous because u cant sweat under the influence of DXM, and u sorta need 2 sweat under the influence of MDMA, is that right?

sorry i might even have a shot at answering the origional question too:
Are these available in australia from chemists?
or can ya only get it in cough syrup without prescription...
i heard that they have banned many of the gel caps in the past just cos its way 2 easy to get fucked up with, atleast with the liquid u gotta really force yourself 2 make it past the taste of the stuff in order 2 trip.
when i used 2 do it they may still have had some caps left around but we did some calculations and figured that it was definetly not as cost effective to have them in caps as they were weak and expensive (was some time ago now, memory is not the best)
remember to only buy brands of cough surip that have been reported and recommended on those sites. Other brands oftern throw in different, sometimes dangerous extra ingredients (eg: i think it was DXM and paracematol is lethal)
i've also heard of places on the net selling DXM powder. myth or truth, im not sure
[ 16 January 2003: Message edited by: crapdumwasteoftime ]

Originally posted by crapdumwasteoftime:

i've also heard of places on the net selling DXM powder. myth or truth, im not sure
[ 16 January 2003: Message edited by: crapdumwasteoftime ]

truth..both powder and pills.

Cheers everyone.....thanks for the advice....am about to try DXM for the 1st time.....

i have no answer for the original query at hand but want to state that DXM, in its effects are very enjoyable but the fact that i knew it made 4 out of 5 people quesy (its 4 outta 5 i think) kept playin on my mind and that kept making me think of chucking, and so i did... horrible robitussin...
if dxm were to be extracted from cough syrup, would you still chuck? or is it a robitussin flavor thing?

DXM can make you throw up by itself, but that will usually happen a good long while after you've taken the dose. If this is the case, maybe you're taking too much - try backing off the dose a bit and see if you still throw up. If you still have problems you might want to reconsider. If not, a large dose at once may be the problem, so you can take a fraction of your full dose, and then top up with further fractions over time.
If you're throwing up right away, while drinking it or in the moments after, then it's just your stomach churning due to the taste. With a bit of research you can find something that tastes different to use.

cool stuff BigTrancer...
my first and only induction of dxm to date was aimed at the second level of plateau, so i think i had about 150ml... t'was quite awhile ago. i didn't chuck right away... about an hour into it, whlist feelig the effects.
thanks for the advice though... might reconsider trying it out again. when i researched about it, i thought you had to pick what sort of level you wanted to reach from the start with the appropriate dosage because top-ups were either not very effective or pointless? might've read wrongly? thats why i went for a straight out 150ml, because it roughly translated to about 30 or so ml of dxm. (was quite awhile ago, cant remember). i'll look into it again though. thks!

Poetik: As far as my experience goes, 150 mL would be a strong dose... equating to roughly 450 mg DXM if you used Robitussin DX containing 30 mg DXM per 10 mL syrup. Personally I find easy first plateau dose range from 30-50 mL (ie. 90-150 mg DXM) and if I go much over, say to 80-100 mL range (ie. 240-300 mg DXM) then I get characteristic double-vision and second plateau effects quite clearly. However your mileage may vary.
At 450 mg dose level, I can easily see how someone would throw up purely from the dose effects, it can be a very powerful experience. The wierd balance and distorted vision and sound can really contribute to any chemical nausea you're feeling, so all things can conspire to make you drive the porcelain bus.
If you find that you are susceptible to throwing up, make sure that you drink a glass or two of water afterward, to replace fluids you're losing. Some sweet lollies like jelly babies can help too - not only as added energy, but they're usually pretty easy to taste and swallow. And if you throw up again subsequently they're not unpleasant. Some people value marijuana as an aid to quell nausea, but taking more drugs to alleviate the side effects of others should be done only under supervision, by experienced users.

ive had one weird experience with DXM and throwing up, four people on dxm. each with 100ml dose, 2 people per bottle. me and the other who had from one bottle both spewed - i yacked up my entire stomach, but was fine - but the other had a terrible night, continued spewing. the other two people were fine. we didnt spew straight after drinking it, but i still do think it was the syrup rather than the DXM itself because i felt ill and queasy after having it and the feeling never reall left.
the reason i thought this to be weird was that id had a higher dose of DXM two other times and had felt a little sick but no further problems.
i did think it could have been a problem with that particular bottle but i doubt it - probably more to do with what id eaten that day and the fact that one person threw up it led me to focus on my own spew too much.
i find that the best thing to do is to shot about 60-70ml, then drink another 30ml over time, mixed in with around 500-600ml water. 100ml (300mg) is a decent dose and i wouldnt recommend anything higher from a first dose.

BigTrancer: HAHAHAHA! well my calculations went to shits huh! i did get like 30% for my overall mark in INTRODUCTRY CALCULUS in yr11... that didn't help. stopid math.
but yeah... might be heaps better of with a smaller dose. thks!

DXM(only)formulars are available in aust but only
in syrup form. a sure fire way round the taste(not counting burps) is:
- pour your dose into a glass
- have handy;tube of toothpaste and a glass
of water
- hold your nose and skull your dose
- while still holding your nose, alternate
between smearing the inside of your
mouth with paste and rinsing it with
water

The last few days me and a friend have been spinning a joint with DXM and getting classic first plateau effects of small dose's, Has anyone tried this...I hope it aint too bad for your lungs...

I once knew a friend who had some friends that got my friend a nice big container of the pharmaceutical grade DXM from the states... I enjoyed many extreme trips from this container... the worst thing about it was the taste! think about the worst tasting chem you can think of and it still tastes worse!
i prefer to extratct DXM from robitussin using the agent lemon method (dont remember where to find it, sorry! should be on the net somewhere tho!)and drinking it with orange juice. Very Tangy! ;)
Andromeda :)

I didn't think much of DXM when I drank a 200 ml bottle of Robitussin DX a couple of months ago. That was 600 mg which would push me into the 3rd plateau according to my body weight, but it didn't do much to me except make me feel slightly drunk.
Well, I tried it again yesterday and made sure I hadn't eaten anything for 12 hours (I did have a heavy meal 3 hours before the first time) and drank 600 mg again. I was literally floored and had weird visions and was stumbling around when I had to move. My thought patterns were really wierd like on LSD too. I wouldn't have said DXM was psychedelic a couple of months ago, but I definately think it's a fairly strong one now. I'm glad I gave it a second chance. :)

sixthseal... thats a funny thing about DXM, that if you eat something beforehand, it either wont work or will kick your arse. If you dont eat beforehand, it will kick your arse anyway. Ive had a few times where i have eaten beforehand and it didnt work, and a few where it did. Luck of the draw i guess!
Andromeda :)