View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM: My doses seem rather high compared to others

Pob

Greenlighter
Hi, I've read a few trip reports on that section of the website, and it seems the doses that I've taken, and continue to take when I trip are 2-3 times more (mg's) than most everyone else I've seen on this forum. I'm not sure if my body can just handle more DXM than most, or if I'm honestly just tripping complete nutsack, while others are just experiencing a normal, relaxed trip. What are your thoughts? How much DXM have you taken on average, or even the highest amount you've taken. How hard did you trip?

My DXM trip record ( approximate but extremely close [ml + mg amounts] ):

Most of my trips, I've used Delsym, but sometimes Robitussin.

*** NOTE ***

I've done hours of research on DXM, and I consider myself pretty experienced with it, although I've only done it a small amount of times. MY EXPERIENCES with these doses are MY EXPERIENCES. In other words, don't come back to me saying "BROBOB, I treeped nuts off of 300 mg and you said 450 mg was only a nice body high." I don't feel like anyone on this forum would literally do that, most everyone here is mature from what I've seen, but I don't want to be the one to blame if someone is irresponsible with their dosage. Thanks :)

148 ml: 888 mg (Intense) (Delsym)
175 ml: 1050 mg (More intense) (Delsym)
75 ml: 450 mg (Nice body high, minor hallucinations) (Robitussin)
237 ml: 1410 mg (I've decided to take this dose in moderation.. extremely intense. (Delsym)
237 ml: 1410 mg (I've decided to take this dose in moderation.. extremely intense. (Delsym)
265 ml: 1590 mg (Tripped the fuck out, NOT a recommended dose for most people, get ready for a ride....) (Delsym)
175 ml: 1050 mg (Intense) (Delsym)
265 ml: 1590 mg (Tripped the fuck out, NOT a recommended dose for most people, get ready for a ride....) (Delsym)

---------------------------------------------TRIP REPORTS---------------------------------------------------
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/748843-DXM-Gel-caps-are-fun-)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More trips to come, I'm taking a break. My brain can't handle all of this, even with me taking huge breaks for weeks at a time between these doses. I've learned a lot, I've seen a lot, I've even physically hurt myself on the first 1590 mg dose. My visuals got too intense, and I fell off of a table I was standing on. (Why the fuck was I standing on a table?) Ended up smacking my face extremely hard on another table, (the coffee table) knocked myself out I believe, and woke up with blood all over the floor. (Scared the fuck out of me, and my lips and nose are still extremely sore.)

My brother on a dose close to mine, [1300 mg I believe] literally pointed and laughed very slow after me doing this. He claims he thought I was alright after we stopped tripping (later the next day) but who knows, he might have been tripping so hard, he had no idea what was going on at all. Hahaha. (Swelling has gone down, thank God. That was an embarrassing thing to have to explain to everyone who asked. Although now that I'm safe, looking back on that, it was rather funny.)

--------------------------------------------------EDITS-------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: I think I'm about to go and buy 3 bottles of Robitussin. It would be equivalent to 1080 mg.
(8:20 PM - Thursday, February 12th, 2015)

I've never taken this high of a dose before using Robitussin, and I think that may be why I notice others taking much smaller doses than I am. I use Delsym for a longer trip, while most other people use Robitussin for a shorter, harder trip. I feel like I'm missing out a little, so I will go to the store, purchase 3 bottles of this, and I will release a trip report on that section on the site tonight. I will most likely make it a live thread until I get to the point where I can't function enough to make sense.. I don't want to break any rules just because I'm under the influence. Haha. I will also put a link to that trip report here below. Check it out tonight if you're interested in reading (and possibly seeing a live stream of me tripping on DXM (1080 mg))

Link to trip report:

Link to livetstream (Not entirely sure if I want to do this, but probably will. Haha):

EDIT 2: I'm back from the store and I've acquired Robitussin, but they were unfortunately out of the Robitussin DXM Hbr liquid bottles. :(
That's okay though, I decided to get 3 bottles of the Robitussin liquid-filled gel capsules. Each capsule has 15 mg of DXM Hbr, and there are 20 capsules in each bottle. That equals 300 mg in each bottle, so 60 pills to swallow for a total of 900 mg. (Jesus, so many pills...) I've never used the liquid gel capsules before, so this should be different. I'm so tired of drinking the syrup, so this may be a little easier to swallow (and stomach) or it may be more difficult. I guess I'll find out here in about an hour! I'm excited to take a high dose of the DXM Hbr, because this would be the highest dose I've taken of the Hbr. Should be very intense, and fun. :)

I'm still releasing a trip report, and will start working on it tonight, but I've convinced my brother to trip with me, so
unfortunately I will probably not be making a live stream. Who knows though, he may be down for that as well, making it even better to live stream (or at least funnier.) I'll at the very least have a link to the trip report below, and above

Trip report link:

Link to livestream (Still possible, let me talk to my brother.):

EDIT 3: Okay, so I've just read a thread on the trip reports section that has told me it is against the rules to start live threads due to dumb fucks completely forgetting they have started a thread, and forget to finish the thread... Ruining it for the people that actually enjoy live threads.. Thats okay though, anyway. I will be uploading the trip report either tomorrow, or way later tonight. (tomorrow morning, lmfao) Sorry folks that wanted to see a live thread. Don't worry, I'll make a very nice, and detailed report for tomorrow. Thanks everyone who is tuned in.

EDIT 4: I've realized that half of this thread doesn't have much to do with the title, but that is okay. The top half does. I'm honestly just using the bottom half of this thread for documenting purposes at this point. If people actually read this, it could possibly be entertaining. Who knows. :p I've taken 60 gel-caps over a 30 minute period, and my brother (BB) has taken 1050 mg (175 ml) of Delsym. We gone treep reel hard. :) See ya'll on planet DXM.

Last edited:
I am a veteran of dxm as well. I usually only suggest delsym for sigma trips as once you spend enough time in the upper plateaus dosing becomes arduous.

Robo gels are what I'd recommend for a typical plateau trip. Drink plenty of water before and during, as well as get rest before the trip. I sometimes use grapefruit juice to potentiate trips, but at higher doses like these, it's just not a known and trusted variable in terms of safety. Try things like sitting in darkness to analyze how hard you trip, write things down or use a tape recorder to help remember your trip.

When I sit in pure darkness I get open eye hallucinations. They are things like, seeing a room, but a different room than I am in. Then I'll close my eyes shake my head and refocus into the darkness and find something else. Try binaural beats to help zone out into dreamland. I find them to be a lot of fun on dexter.

A typical full out trip for me is 900mg-1400mg of robo. This is usually where I draw a line, not because I can handle more but after this point blacking out ruins a lot of my trip and i'll sail into sigma and retain no insight. For delsym, I go in 5oz increments. To get a good middle ground, perhaps try 5oz delsym with 600mg robo about one to two hours in.

This is the upper level of dxm, and from experience, after a few weeks or months of trips like this, you'll need a tolerance break to get any magic back.

Meditation and reflection are what I find to be most interesting about dxm.

Last edited:
Delsym - dxm polystirex (time release)
Robitussin - dxm hbr

Hbr blows polystirex out of the water.

I honestly think 900 mg hbr would be more intense than 1590 mg of polystirex.

@Pob

You shouldn't be taking all of the caps over that short period of time. NEVER take the whole dosage almost at once. Why? Trip is less clear, you remember less, bodyload is harder and everything is worse in general. If you wanna eat 900mg try this: 300mg and 2-3 hours later 600mg OR 225 mg and 2-3 hours later 375mg. You could as well try Dan Carpenter's way which proposes eating more or less equal dosages every 30 minutes, so e.g. 3x300mg within 90 minutes. I guarantee that if you split the dosage the trip will be sooo much fun, that awesome feeling of flying around, CEVs etc are much more intense and not that physically hard to your body. Anyway, have a nice trip :)

PS. Have you heard of eating grapefruits or garlic before tripping on DXM?

EDIT: As for my dosages, I used to trip on 900mg of DXM Hbr and that's really enough for me. It equals 10,4mg/kg so it's pretty intense 3rd plateau. I once did 1050mg but I can't remember much although I remember it was veeery intense and sometimes even too intense. Later I started tripping on 750mg DXM Hbr and I think this is the perfect dosage. It has all the effects of 900mg and you are able to remember almost all what happened, it's not that physical and the trip is way 'clearer'.

Last edited:
I would always recommend taking your whole dosage at once, unless you can't hold it all down or something. You will always get a much stronger experience that way. To each their own I guess though.

Robotussin dry cough forte has 600mg per 200mL bottle here.
My highest dose was two bottles, or 1.2g

Robotussin dry cough forte has 600mg per 200mL bottle here.
My highest dose was two bottles, or 1.2g

Oh wow, the ml -> mg ratio is way different from the bottles I drink. That's a lot of syrup! I hate the taste of syrup. :(

I'M ALIVE GUYS! I MADE IT! I released a trip report on that section of the website, and I also read some of your replies last night, but I apologize for not being able to get back to them. It seemed as though I could barely get out the just of the message, but was in NO STATE OF MIND to attempt to put words together to send back to you guys. Hahaha. Thank you JasperTheReckless, and findabair for the info, I will definitely have to try both of your methods of dosing, and see if that could possibly make my trip even better! Last night was extremely intense, possibly the most intense DXM trip I've ever experienced at that dose. Heres a trip report I uploaded last night. It isn't as detailed as I wanted to make it, but I was honestly tripping too hard to go too far in to depth. I will make a better one soon. I'm surprised I even made it this far into the trip.