• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

DXM for very minor wd symptoms

ladyhlove

Bluelighter
Hey guys! If you have read my recovery journal...I was doing well on subs until a recent 9 day, sub free, very much dope ridden binge. I tried to reinduct Friday, got horrible PWD, then dosed dope to pull myself out of it (succesfully, I might add). Since then, I've been dosing my subs again but still feeling wd symptoms as soon as it kicks in and have ended up scoring dope to take the wds away. This has gone on for 3 days now and I know I have to go a couple days completely dope free to feel ok on the subs again..so today is my first attempt.

I've been reading that low dose (100mg-200mg) DXM is great at handling wd symptoms. Mine are mild, as I've been on the subs now for almost 4 days with some minor dope usage..but they're still there. So, today on my lunch break I decided to buy a bottle of DXM syrup. I have taken 120 mg and am waiting for results. Will let everyone know how it works out

Hey guys! If you have read my recovery journal...I was doing well on subs until a recent 9 day, sub free, very much dope ridden binge. I tried to reinduct Friday, got horrible PWD, then dosed dope to pull myself out of it (succesfully, I might add). Since then, I've been dosing my subs again but still feeling wd symptoms as soon as it kicks in and have ended up scoring dope to take the wds away. This has gone on for 3 days now and I know I have to go a couple days completely dope free to feel ok on the subs again..so today is my first attempt.

I've been reading that low dose (100mg-200mg) DXM is great at handling wd symptoms. Mine are mild, as I've been on the subs now for almost 4 days with some minor dope usage..but they're still there. So, today on my lunch break I decided to buy a bottle of DXM syrup. I have taken 120 mg and am waiting for results. Will let everyone know how it works out

Hi Lady!

I tried the DXM thing... took about 90 mg. I definitely tripped, and it took my mind off of WD for a few hours, but I was a little too tweaked for my liking. I don't think dissassciatives are my thing. MDMA, LSD and shrooms, however, that's my jam.

I was also at work while I did the DXM, which may not have been the best idea. But I kinda secluded myself in my office and turned on my tunes. Also gave me the runs something fierce, but that could have been the gelcaps or something.

Let us know how it's going for you? I am always looking to do drugs to come off drugs, which is my problem of course.

And about your relapse, you know it's all part of the process... something to learn and grow from. I still haven't relapsed on my DOC (oxy) in maybe 3+ months or so, which is great for me. Longest stint in forever! But I am still struggling nonetheless with my alcohol misuse. I'll string together a few great days of just MJ, then something will trigger and before I know it I am hiding a pint of vodka.

Have you ever tried kratom? It may be good for you in terms of scratching that opiate itch. Harm reduction.

LOL-- you're probably kinda tripping out as we speak. Hope you are feeling good. Enjoy it. Throw on some headphones and your favorite jams :)

Lol, def not tripping. I kept it to 100mg which I read was the best dose for combatting wd. Its enough to make a dent, but not enough to make you trip balls. Idk if it helped any, but I do feel better...And, yes, it gave me the runs something fierce as well, but thats probably bc I took some stuff with guanifican (sp?), which is an expectorant, which makes everything, and I mean everything, come out. Lol. I was kinda ok with that since I haven't had a decent bm in 9 days due to my relapse...glad to be getting this literal shit out of me. Haha

Kat, I'm so damned proud of you! You were starting your journey about the time I was and I wish I could say I've made it as far as you have. I'm just glad I stopped this relapse in its tracks before it got too serious. I used to use kratom recreationally in my early opiate days and liked it alright..though, it had a "dirty high" kind of feeling to it. I'm on subs, so I guess I have my ope fix..but subs don't really make me feel high or euphoric at all..

I must be a DXM lightweight, since I only took 90 mg and I was like, "Whoa." Definitely wasn't something I wanted to do again. Really glad you are feeling better.

Thanks for the kind words, too. I've made it pretty far, I guess in terms of staying away from oxy. And it's funny, though, because earlier today I started romanticizing those blue little devils again... almost planning and calculating a relapse. I have some stressful travel coming up, and I was hungover, and well, you know nothing is better than opiates for a damn hangover. But I am "playing the tape all the way through" in my head when I start craving real bad. I know those pills are just one text away... but holy shit it sucks being physically hooked on em as you know.

I am still drinking – sometimes way too much, and in secret, other times like a responsible adult that's not a raging alcoholic. It's a work in progress. A roller-coaster. But I am not being as hard on myself as I once was. I was obsessing over my use and misuse and it made me so depressed and anxious. I'm just doing the best I can. Just like you are.

Drinking, as I think I've mentioned to you before, has been a problem of mine as well over the years. Opiates actually really helped me drink less which made me think they were actually good for me for quite a while. WRONG. It's all bad for me.

Good job "playing the tape through" Kat! I did that so many times over the past couple months, successfully, but all it took was one weak night to put me right back at square one. Don't be like me! I thought because I had successfully come back from a one time relapse, that I could do it again and look where I am now!

Anyways, one day at a time sir. You seem like you're getting it. Don't be too hard on yourself for the drinking, you're doing the best you can and getting off opiates is something to be majorly proud of.

DXM is hell for the GI system. Taken during opioid withdrawal, like, farts from hell.

But it does work flabbergastingly well for acute withdrawal for a lot of people. Never feel comfortable recommend someone try it, but if it works, it works.

How is the drinking going now?

Hmmm this is interesting. I find the hardest part of PAWS for me is insomnia and the depression. I wonder if taking DXM could help with the depression part? Have you tried it yourself toothpastedog? Would love your input.

Ashley.

DXM is hell for the GI system. Taken during opioid withdrawal, like, farts from hell.

But it does work flabbergastingly well for acute withdrawal for a lot of people. Never feel comfortable recommend someone try it, but if it works, it works.

How is the drinking going now?

Will it work for depression? Hard to say. Would I recommend it? Not really, when there is ketamine treatment available.

DXM is more for people who are incredibly desperate, imo.

Well the acute wd depression is usually only around for a week. I'm 24 hours in already. Thought the DXM might help for the very few days I seem to need it. Thanks for the response.

Ashley.

Last edited: