• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DXM - Experienced - Sykoknots Dexperience Thread (3rd report on the way!)

Sykoknot

Bluelight Crew
I have done DXM a handful of times, usually 2nd to 3rd plateaus. I have heard many good things about 1st plateau trips and decided to give it a shot.

This will be updated throughout the experience.

Height: 5'11"
Weight: 150
Setting: Home (apartment), while mom is asleep.
Set:Mild headache, took an Advil to alleviate. Been anticipating this all day. Slightly nervous as this is my first experience of a psychoactive substance in over 3 months. Anxiety issues have been very tame lately, and life is going pretty well. So here we go.

Product: Vicks 44 Custom Care for Dry Cough
Size:6oz (177ml)
Active ingredient: Dextromethorphan HBr
Amount: 30mg per 15ml
Total Amount: 354mg

Dosage:
Aiming for First Plateau
2.3mg/kg
160mg-170mg
Required Amount of 30ml shots: 2.6-2.8

Start Time: 9:00pm

+0:00: Have begun the dosing process. Taking the 170mg over a ten minute period.

+0:10: Finished dosing. Going to smoke a cigarette than watch the movie Bounty Hunter while I wait for the come-up.

+2:00: Finished movie. During movie I didnt notice many effects. The moment it was over and I stood up I felt some dissociation, comparable to a low dose of ketamine. Colors are richer, and I am experiencing moderate euphoria. I am really enjoying the effects right now. I believe I have probably peaked, if not I will be very soon I'm sure. I cant tell you how novel it is to finally escape sobriety for the first time in months. Will report back in a little. Hopefully going to get a juggle session in while altered.

+2:50: Amazing euphoria. After not have experienced a psychoactive in almost 4 months the trip is so profound. Music sounds only slightly altered, though it has made me aware of time distortion. I feel so at home when altered. I cannot believe how strong of euphoria I have attained from such a low dose. Its a similair euphoria to the one I get on MDMA, I feel so happy and alive, yet I feel on the brink of hysteria. I'm also having feeling of love and peace towards everything like I do on MDMA. This is a very much yearned for intoxication. I could rant on for a long while, but I shall report back in a while, and hold my tongue ;)

+3:15: Rolling feelings, love towards everything. Many of you know of a trip I had with an old friend on LSD in which I had a delusion he was going to kill me. Anywhoo, the experienced destroyed our relationship, and he had just come out of a meth addiction and truly needed a positive friend. A good influence. But my anxiety towards him after that trip ruined that possibility. This trip has made me feel horrible about it, I want to talk to him, to make up for what I did, but I now live in a different state. Ever since the experience I knew I needed to talk to him, to have closure, but I have been bottling it up. This trip is forcing me to deal with my feelings about it, and I am happy for that.

Oh and I cant explain enough times how much I really am enjoying this trip. It is so profound, yet subtle. Ah, report back in a bit.

+4:00: Less euphoria, less profound-ity. The come down seems to be coming on to early :\ Oh well, still enjoying myself. Will report any changes.

+4:20: Feeling lethargy in a euphoric happy way. Its interesting. Going to smoke a cigarette and get comfy in bed. It was a very good experience I hope to have again. I feel this experience report doesn't have much to offer for conversation, so I suppose it is more for myself than anything. Any comments still appreciated.

Last edited:
sounds fun!! :) It definitely seemed like you had a good time. Just curious, was your experience similar the other times you used DXM? I've never tried it and I'd eventually like to at some point, so I just want to know what your overall opinion of it is?

This time, as I believe I nailed the First Plateau perfectly, was far different from my two other experiences with this drug. The first, and most powerful experience I had with DXM was neither good nor bad. But a neutral sort of mind numbing trip.

I would very much like to do a first plateau trip again. Just remember every drug reacts differently in everybody.

Decided to post this in the same thread. (New Report, 2 days later).
As before I will be updating throughout experience. Start time will be whenever my mum hits the sack.

Setting: Home (apartment), while mom is asleep.
Set: Less Nervous than previous time. Good mood. Looking forward to a slightly stronger and hopefully longer lasting trip than the last.
Size:6oz (177ml)

Dosage:
Aiming for High First Plateau to Low Second
3.1mg/kg
210mg-220mg
Required Amount of 30ml shots: 4

Start Time: 10:30 pm

+0:00: Began Dosing.

+0:05: Finished Dosing. Going to smoke cigarette than follow similar routine to last dose. But rather watching The Hangover during the come-up. Will report back later :)

+0:55: Almost at the one hour mark. Slight dissociation and 'bubbly' feeling. Enjoying my movie, just stopped for a cig break. Mild euphoria as well. Excited for when the effects really kick in!

+1:00: Came back from ciggy break on my balcony which overlooks a lake. The near full moon looks beautiful reflecting off the water :) Colors are definitely increasing in vibrancy. Motor control is also slightly affected. Moving/walking increased euphoria. Will report back when movie is over, most likely.

+2:37: Effects have plateau'd. Strong physical dissociation, very similar to ketamine. Vision is sort of tunnel vision, no flanging though. I definitely surpassed the 1st plateau. Don't feel euphoric or dysphoric. Just mind numbingly blank. Its interesting though.

+3:00: Too dissociated to form coherent enough thoughts for report. Will finish tomorrow ;)

+3:30: I was sitting on my balcony smoking a cigarette looking up at the moon. It was a mostly cloudy night and the clouds were moving very fast. as I stared up my vision was completely consumed by the sky. The clouds started swirling faster, crashing over eachother like waves. It looked like a giant monster in the sky having a battle. Probably the strongest moment in the trip. When I took my focus off the clouds everything clicked back to a normal level.

+4:00 - +8:00: Sat at the computer listening to uplifting trance and having a great conversation with an old friend. I tapped into a spiritual mindset I haven't experienced since I went sober four months ago. It felt like a reunion with a deep part of myself I had lost touch with. My intuition during this sober time had diminished significantly, so had my drive to learn. Its like my journey for enlightenment paused for four months, waiting for a trigger to begin again.

+8:30: Sleep.

Post-Trip Analysis: Overall the trip had many desirable effects. I cannot deny the strong urge to begin doing it frequently, though I need to exert some self-control and wait a few weeks, hopefully a month, before venturing off into dex again. I truly enjoyed these two experiences, they were profound, fun, insightful, and at some points intense.

Last edited:
Well, since you stopped posting, i'm gonna guess it hit you and you forgot :)

Still haven't tried DXM. I think i've comboed about 100mg with other stuff, but im like 220 lbs, so i dont' think it did much.

^I didn't stop posting. Read above :)

Rollar: Indeed it is!

You are making me want to dose with some DXM, Syk.

Unfortunately, I have bee taking tramadol lately so it is not an option right now.

Wish I had some trammies.
Trade? lol

The first few times I didnt think much of DXM, wasn't all that great, but wasn't bad. But these two experiences increased my respect for the drug significantly. One of the things I like most about it is that it reminds me of ketamine, my all time favorite psychoactive.

I am a poor ol' min. wage worker with no car. Travelling becomes difficult in said situation.

Setting: Home alone. (Lakeside Apartment on a 3rd floor. Balcony overlooks water. Tis beautiful :) )
Set: Decent mood. Nothing particularly good or bad on my mind to note. Well maybe aside that my brother is coming to visit next week, which I'm excited for.
Size: 6oz (177ml)

Dosage:
Aiming for Mid-Second to High-Second plateau.
300mg-310mg
Required Amount of 30ml shots: 5

Start Time: 8:50pm

+0:00: Dosed 300mg: Have started dosing. I am going to be taking more than my previous two reports. So lets see how it goes. I will be ingesting the substance over a ten minute period.

+0:10: Finished dosing. I am going to follow my previous routine for the come-up, as it has proven enjoyable. Going to smoke a cigarette and then watch Zombieland during the come-up. Will probably take a break mid-movie to report back in. :)

+1:00: Dosed Remaining 54mg: Feeling very mild dissociation. A small amount of euphoria. I was expecting more effects by this time. So I decided to dose the rest of the bottle which brings me to a total of 354mg of DXM. Going to smoke a cigarette and finish move. Hopefully I'll have something more interesting to report by then. This is double the amount than my last two reports, so i better feel something more! lol

1:10: So maybe I'm having more effects than I initially thought lol during the cig break I had the light on on my balcony as I went out and peered down into the little bit of grass between the building and the water and saw what seemed to be a person in a white turban with a cell phone, he turned off his cellphone and began to squat. I than proceeded to turn off the light to get a better view of said person (glare in glasses) but returned to find no one there. Strange stuff. Going to finish movie and report back.

+2:00 Mental confusion with anxiety mixed in somewhere. It is calming down since I have sat at the computer and put on music. Times seems to be overlapping itself. Its not occurring in chronological order. Strange. Strong heat flashes in face. Pressure on eyes. Strong dissociation overall. Visual distortions such as flanging and a 'layover' effect. Also popped a cyclobenziprine as muscles are tense from work. Report back in a bit.

3:00 Doesn't feel like its been three hours. Super dissociated. Super confused. Feel like Im undulating between anxiety and happiness. Very strange. But very good. Don't know how to comprehend feelings or translate them into words. Will report later.

Last edited: