Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DXM - Experienced - Double the Dosage

Burnout999

Greenlighter
I remember thinking how much of a great idea it was, i was a bit nervous though. Id never taken more than a box of coricidin or a bottle of delsym when it came to DXM. For me the two are completely different trips, they feel different and Coricidin seems to be more intense. So i was quite eager to mix the two in one sitting.

It was around 1:30 or 2:00 in the afternoon when i bought the box of Coricidin and swallowed all 16 down with a orange soda in front of the Wal Mart. I decided to walk up there instead of drive because i was always told if you walk after taking them it speeds up the process for them to kick in. Get the blood pumping. I got home about and hour later when the numb, shaky wave hit me, i was feeling alot better but sick and not quite tripping yet.

I was talking to my big brother about cars and such for a while, but all i could really think about was how he had no idea i was on DXM. Or did he? Did he relize how strange i was acting? How the color had drained from my face and i wouldnt stop licking my lips. Who knows, who cares. I decided to head back inside for a glass of water because my stomach was wrenching, i down a glass filled it back up and grabbed my bottle of delsym wich i had bought on the way home from the wal mart at a local Krogers for a wopping 14 fucking dollars.

I stepped into the bathroom for no one to see what i was up to. Stared at my face in the mirror for a few minutes, opened the bottle, gagged from the smell. "Bottoms up" I choked down the 5 ounces of gritty orange syrup as fast as i could and washed it down with the water. My stomach was wrenching so i sat down at the computer for a while and tried to relax. 30 to 40 minutes later the delsym intinsified the trip beyond what i could handle. i did my best to stay calm, i couldnt see straight at all, my heart was racing, bile burned my throat.

I was thinking in ways i never had before, writing notes to my self in my composition journal (i recently found a page of some of the things i was writing, here thay are)

"Its up to me, to rid of this dissociation, ive never rode on such a high wave of euphoria before. Ill never get out of this dream like place, took to much. Not even a mothers comfort could rid of this fear tingling in my chest, but it feels so good BLISS. I think im already dead, i look dead, feel dead, but so alive. Ill need therapist after this one, because i imagine this is earth shattering on my nervous system" (the rest is just rambling nonsense)

I decided to go for a walk because being in this house was just getting to me, i couldnt stop zoning into the computer and replaying H. by Tool over and over. The music had me in a wierd mood, "i dont mind! i dont mind! i dont miiiind!" strange vibes and vibrations. Everything was so beautiful when i stepped outside, my motor skills were completely throwed off, walking funny. I finaly made it to my destination, the cemetary wich at the time seemd like a great place to hang. I was peaking hard. Its a very big cemetary with old tombstones and concrete buildings with stained windows. I found a middle aged woman talking to her self standing outside her car-(wich i realize now she mustve been talking to her past loved one) but i felt a sudden urge to strike up a conversation with her.
"Nice day to die huh?" i squeaked at her. She didnt respond to me though, just gave me the wierdest look, "I was just joking, ya know trying to lighten the mood here"
"Excuse me would you mind leaving me alone" she said
This gave me a nasty jolt, so i headed over to the town park to watch the sunset. The only thing i can really remeber for the rest of the night was talking to some kids at the park who were chain smoking. And well the rest is very cloudy, like i as if it were a dream. I didnt touch a drop of DXM for about 5 months.

Moderator's Note:

Do not use Coricidin Cough and Cold (triple C's) if you plan on using DXM. Look at the active ingredients on the container and make certain it only contains Dextromethorphan.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I tried dxm I hated it, and I don't know how you can walk around on the stuff. My friend recorded me walking, I was walking really messed up. When I watched it sober I was thinking "what the fuck was I doing?" It was sur real.

You must be good at walking around on the stuff without people knowing your on something.

Sounds like an interesting trip...sunset was a brilliant idea! :p Never tried DXM... all my friends keep telling me off for suggesting we trip on 'cough syrup'. Oh well, i'll convince them eventually :p Glad you enjoyed yourself mate

Walking is probaly the best thing to do while on DXM for me, preferabaly during the day unless its humid outside, with some tunes

CCC is dangerous bro... used to be ok but now its not pure DXM anymore.. be careful

Damn, if I was at a cemetery, and someone said that to me; that would creep me the hell out. You also said you squeaked it out... man; poor woman. Pretty interesting report though. Glad you enjoyed it.

You should never, ever use CCCs to trip on DXM. Read what's in the stuff you're taking to trip, always make sure it's only DXM.