Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DXM and Etizolam: I'm illiterate.

Reb420

Bluelighter
10 am- I ingest two 1MG Etizest pills, each containing 1 mg of etizolam. (1mg sublingual, 1mg chewed up and swallowed.) They were tasty pills. It was hard to resist eating the rest of the little pills like candies.

10:30 am - Some relaxation, and a "loose" and calm feeling, but little euphoria, and intoxication seems quite weak thus far.

11:00 am- I sublingually administer another 1MG pill.

11:30 am- I feel very calm, but not intoxicated or drowsy. I drive to go get some food since I was pretty hungry (I don't recommend anyone drive on drugs, especially on those that can impair judgment.) I only drove because I knew that I was not intoxicated, but just relaxed.

11:45 am - I drove to the grocery store to pick up a few needed items, and I decide to buy 2 bottles of robitussin cough gels. (300 mg of DXM each.) I decided that I may want to trip later that weekend, so I bought them.

12:00pm - I'm back home. I am feeling pretty nice from the etizolam, but I wasn't "fucked up" in the least. I thought, "What the hell, I might as well down the 300 MG of DXM from the robogels. I've never combined benzos and DXM. Maybe it will be fun." My favorite DXM dose is usually around 600 mg, but I decided to use only 300 mg to see how well a mild second
platuea dose would play with an etizolam buzz.

12:15 pm - Downed the 300 mg of dxm.

1:15 pm - Starting to feel a little dizzy and my heart rate somewhat higher. DXM usually gives me a fast pretty fast heart rate, but the etizolam really helping slow it down. I also am a not really getting the usual mild fever DXM tends to give me. I have a friend of mine pick me up in his car and take me to his house to hang out. I take another .5 milligram of etizolam.

2:20 pm- My vision is starting to become blurry, which DXM does to me . My hands feel a little shaky due to the DXM. I feel strange. The DXM intoxication hasn't hit much, and instead of feeling a little edgey, I'm feeling a little tired. I'm thinking of either increasing the dose of dxm or etizolam, or perhaps both. I'll wait it out and see how it works out.

3:30 pm- I'm feeling a wierd sensation of mild dissociation while also feeling somewhat tired.

4:30 pm-Vision of smartphone screen I am typing report on is very blury at any angle. My fingers will not hit the correct keyboard characters.

4:40 pm- Dosed another 150 mg DXM as to try to lengthen the experience without blacking out. I walked around my friend's neighborhood and talked a lot to anyone I saw. I was quite sociable, but the the mild stuttering I get when I am on dxm was slightly evident.

6:15 pm- Dosed 150 mg DXM. I don't expect much, but what the hell? Might as well take them.
6:30 pm- Dosed .5 mg etizolam
8:00 pm- : Sight is okay, but nearly impossible to use a cell phone or computer screen. If I am in a dark room I see trails, which is normal with DXM for me. Can't take this report any further due to vision. I am illiterate. Holding one eye shut does no good. Damn. That usually works.

10:00 pm : writing trip report cannot continue. Visiom is way too fucked up. I see double so bad. I take a 1 mg etizolam to try to sleep.

6 am. I'm awake. I normally don't get up this early, but after taking dxm, if I can fall asleep, I will end up waking up at 5 or 6 am and not be able to go back asleep. My vision is still a little blurry, and I feel a moderate dxm afterglow.

Overall, it was an interesting experience, but I don't think I will combine DXM and etizolam again unless I need it to combat anxiety on dxm, or get some sleep after using dxm. It is probably best to use them by themselves.

Last edited:
Careful with etizolam, it lasts a long time and fairly easily causes blackouts. Over the summer I was camping and had taken ~2 grams of mushrooms and had a light, very light trip, and then something happened which absolutely terrified me and had me in this weird state of heavy heartrate and anxiety afterwards (my wife disappeared on the beach and was missing for hours and it had gotten fully dark and I was convinced she was kidnapped or drowned). She showed up, but I still felt crazy. So I took 2mg of etizolam, and then 100mg of MDMA (as we had planned for that night). I proceeded to black out for many hours, I even smoked DMT and don't remember it at all. Kinda ruined the night.

It's strange that only 2mg of etiz made you black out. 2mg doesn't do very much to me. I'm sure the interaction with the other drugs in your system had a lot to do with that. DXM doesn't really impair my memory too bad, and I have never blacked out on it.
Combining them does make short term memory fucked up. I never blacked out, but I kept setting things like my phone somewhere and then fiending around my friends house to find it when it was in my coat pocket. I also couldn't find the rest of my etizolam pills, and thought that i might have taken unwittingly taken them and forgott them, but foumf them in the a coin pocket that is in my wallet.
Etizolam and DXM impair memory and vision enough by themselves, so in retrospect, this is not an unusual reaction. I am lucky I didnt black out. I think spreading out the doses really helped prevent blacking out . I couldn't imaging taking the 600 mg of DXM and 5mg of etizolam all at once without blacking out.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm sure the interaction did, I took 2mg a few other times after that and had a nice effect but nothing debilitating nor any memory issues. I mentioned it though since you're doing a combination, thought it was worth saying.

Do you happen to know of any drugs that synergyses well with either etizolam or DXM? (epsecially legal drugs l because I lost all my weed and pill connects so I must resort to legal)

Xorkoth it's almost definately an interaction. I gotta be carefull when I take etizolam after trips and rolls or I black out as well. I have never blacked out on occasions that I hadn't taken any psychedelics and empathogens, only when I do. I've had it happen on mushrooms, 5-APB, and aMT. Thankfully I'm not very mobile during these blackouts and snap out of it with the tv on wondering if I slept or not but I'm almost certain I don't, there's always clues like the channel will be changed or I left something from the fridge out etc...