View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM and Bupropion (Wellbutrin)

DroneLore

Bluelighter
I know it's not safe to combine the two, but how long after discontinuing use should you wait? I haven't taken my wellbutrin for at least three days, but it could have been as much as a week. I didn't really keep track. So far tonight I've taken 60mg of DXM, and I think I'll wait another hour before taking 60 more. I haven't done DXM in a couple years but when I did I would routinely take 600-700mg. Do you think three days is enough to minimize interaction with the wellbutrin?

DXM won't mix well with wellbutrin, but it probably won't kill you.

i take DXM only for the intoxicating doses, and not to trip (first plateau). 30mgs 3-4xtimes a day to maximize O-desmthylation of DXM -->> DXO .the store brand cough syrup i buy only contains DXM HBr. it would not be safe to use nyquil or any other version that contains anti-histamines, expectorants, APAP, ect...

Buproprion has a half life of 20 hours, so if you dosed 3 days ago (72h) there would still be 8% of the drug in your body.
How can you not keep track of eating your antidepressants?

I took them every day for a while, then didn't. This thread is not the place to discuss my habits.

It takes about 7 days for Wellbutrin and it's metabolites to completely disappear from your system. I would suggest waiting a few more days because the effects of DXM + Wellbutrin are really awful even at very low doses in my experience.

moving this to Psychedelic Drugs as DXM question are not for BDD

BDD -----> PD

it's been six hours since I took the 60 mg (I took 30 more mg an hour later; so 90 mg total) and I feel fine. I'm glad I played it safe though. I felt a bit dissociated even from that very small dose.

DXM and bupropion isn't, as far as I know, dangerous- it's just that bupropion effectively suppresses the CYP2D6 enzyme in your liver, resulting in almost none of the DXM being converted into DXO causing you to have a different, much more intense trip.

Once upon a time I was put on bupropion while still very interested in DXM and I carefully experimented with tripping on bupropion + small amounts of DXM. It's quite unpleasant, very, very psychotic, very stimulating (I stayed awake 48 hours like it was nothing and it often took another 1-2 days to sleep normally) and highly visual, with little in the way of traditional NMDA bodily effects. Around 60mg produced threshold effects (I was about 75kg at the time), 300-400mg produced effects as strong, if not stronger, than 1200mg DXM w/o bupropion- complete ego-loss, forgetting what 'I', 'have', 'taken' and 'drugs' meant, profound psychotic thinking (believing I was controlling events with my mind, believing I had developed all sorts of psychic abilities), 'astral travelling' (closing your eyes and imaging worlds so engaging that you forget that you've got your eyes closed and are imaging everything), true OEV (movies in the clouds, power pylons walking across hills), it was the closest thing to actually having schizophrenia I've ever taken.

It was very similar to 'plateau sigma', but without a 'forth plateau' trip fading into 'sigma'- I think that DXM has a far longer halflife than DXO so, through repeated dosing, it is possible to accumulate enough DXM in your system to continue tripping after the effects of the DXO fade.

In any case, it takes about 2 weeks for that shit to fully clear out of your system- most of it is probably gone after a week, but it can't hurt?

I think that buproprio+DM is dangerous because it's a DNRI, and DXM is a fairly effective SNRI so the excessive buildup of NE lends itself to hypertensive crises. Explains the stimulation.

Both buproprion and DM are antinicotinic as well - I bet that has something to do with the enhanced effects.

Do not try this mix I took 350mg on Wellbutrin 150mg xr that morning. I have experience with dxm and had dosed 240mg a couple nights before after not taking the Wellbutrin for a couple days and had an awesome 2nd plateau trip. I didn't get any nausea or any side effects whatsoever on the first trip but when I took the next dose with the Wellbutrin I came up on a 2nd plateau at first and eventually hit 4th plateau 30 mins later. It was very unpleasant had a very high blood pressure of 180/100 eyes so dialated my eye color turned a intoxicated yellow color and looked like saucers lol.. I had out of body experiences and OEVs but was too intense for me.. Do not mix these drugs please and if you do so not take more than 200mg.. Very bad trip in all.. I'm 16 and 140 pounds

The whites of your eyes were yellow? Are you 100% confident they were yellow or did the light make them look yellow? This is named jaundice and usually indicates serious liver failure requiring medical attention. Did your eyes make the following color shift?

Jaundice_eye.jpg