Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(DXM/630 mg) Third Plateau Trip

iDex24/7

Greenlighter
Age? just turned 17.
Weight? 176 pounds exactly
how experianced in using DXM? use almost daily for the past 4 months.
Fav plateaus? HIGH 2nd-LOW 3rd.
Ever hit fourth plateau? yes and never again had a good NDE and was dedicated to straighten my life out until my buddy came over the next morning....

Anyways today iv dosed 630mg's empty stomach. empty stomach = 12-24 hours. i was 18 hours in when i dosed. it was inteeeense it was most deff a high third plateau i enjoyed 40% of it and disliked 60% of it, it was a piss off. i had DM syrup and only buy dm products but a question to all off you, are gels more potent than syrup? any legit info hit back on the report. within 40 minutes i feel a good second plateau, thats when i knew this shit was commin hard i had my self braced. i know when im hitting the upper plateaus because im sooooo much more empathetic and in-depth conversations with my brothers about shit, haah i love it. 1 1/2 hours later im feeling it this is when i know i have to go the fuck outside i get up stumble out side and realize that my body was rapidly shirnking to an extant and it was slow SOO PLEASING. i sit in my back shed an just bare with this shit i can feel it hit me harder and harder but i was braced. another hour later i was peaking fully but not to the extent gravity was sooo distorted, intense cev's like it looked so real and i remember just seeing a persons lips of like an art drawing but it was sooo real, hard to explain until you experiance yourself.

hard to keep my fucking eyes open, i tryed MAD double vision and complete numbing all through my body.. such a body LOAD. minor auditory hall's machiene like sounds could barly walk.. nobody stumbles their asses around on 3rd and 4rth unless un a full stomach which is a waste of cash but a good time..another 45mins in i yak NEVER ONCE did i yak on dxm except this time, it hit me hard. what i dont understand is when i hit fourth (700mg's exactly)NEVER again unless im using that plateau for quitting NDE, multiple panic attacks and on my ass for 3 hours before i could walk my dad knew i was fucked up on something haha.. no tolerance at all and didnt know what i was getting into. i dont wanna hear bullshit about my weight or how that dose is incorrect i waited 24 hours exactly on an empty stomach. DXM absorbs sooo much better on an empty so please research your shit before talking.

anyways back to third plateau talk, after i yaked i started to walk inside and i began shrinking again it felt cool! =] rested a bit then railed a good ol perky and was up their for a good 8hours just relaxed the rest of the night seemed like puking killed the high a little but puking feels good on dxm i must admit.

I basically singed up for this shit to write my report for feedbacks, so if anyone has any third or LEGIT fourth plateau experiances to share im willing to hear.
NO BULLSHIT PLEASE.
hopefully you guys enjoyed reading, thanks.

You've tripped out on DXM every day for four months? You got balls. So far I've done one 120mg so-called trip and I was hung over 'til the next day. (A couple of friends claim I'm allergic.)

Yeah, sorry, no 4th plateau trip to report here.

I really don't recommend doing DXM, or any hallucinogen every day for a long time. I understand that it may be ego-boosting to be able to say "Oh yea, I've tripped hundreds of times," but seriously, it's not good for your brain. And even if you are doing it for the pure pleasure, such hedonism is still not healthy. Ask yourself, "What am I really getting out of this?" That's just my advice, take it or leave it. Don't take this offensively, I'm really not trying to be demeaning.

^^^ On that note, when I say "You got balls", that equally means "Are you nuts?"

(On a sidenote, I question the label of DXM as a 'kiddy drug' for high schoolers. Over here, at least, it's as expensive as acid for a trip, and its effects are legitimately psychadelic and dissociative. Teens may be the main market, but from my understanding, it still has the potential to be an eye-opening, and dangerous, substance.)

DXM to trip? I'm going to have to see if there are other trip reports on the subject. Although I don't think there is anyway I would try it. At first I fully expected this to have been posted April 1st, but I must have missed the news, because I can imagine the media coverage on this shit now, "Teenagers rampaging through the streets while taking so much cough medicine it causes hallucinations.... and sudden death! Is your child at risk? Tonight at 11"

OT, I have heard DXM will potentiate opioids like grapefruit juice, anyone know this to be true?

My first experience with DXM was awesome! Then, I really don't know what happened. Every time I would dose with DXM I would either get sick right on the spot or I would be okay and have a not so interesting experience and have a KILLER hang-over the day after. All i know is even my first dose of DXM is no comparison to how fun and interesting acid can be. Maybe I'm just not a fan of the dissociated feeling DXM causes.

IMO negatives outweight the positives greatly with this substance.

DXM to trip? I'm going to have to see if there are other trip reports on the subject. Although I don't think there is anyway I would try it. At first I fully expected this to have been posted April 1st, but I must have missed the news, because I can imagine the media coverage on this shit now, "Teenagers rampaging through the streets while taking so much cough medicine it causes hallucinations.... and sudden death! Is your child at risk? Tonight at 11"

OT, I have heard DXM will potentiate opioids like grapefruit juice, anyone know this to be true?

I'm sure there have been many news reports like that. I've seen a few myself ;)

I would hate to use DXM every day. I started experimenting with it about a a month and a half ago, and I think I'm nearing my time with it. Just the thought of chugging another bottle of cough syrup or the taste of Zicam Cough mist makes me shudder. My last couple experiences with it were less-than-amazing, and certainly didn't justify the danger like my first few times with it did.

Still though, a DXM trip can be an amazing and eye-opening experience. Even some of the negative aspects of the trip can be interesting to someone who likes to "study" their drugs (like me). It introduced to me a whole host of new feelings and thoughts I've never experienced before. But, these novel experiences tend to diminish with subsequent trips. It was fun while it lasted, and I might try it again sometime in the next week or so, to see if I should finalize my decision to stop, or at least try to get a hold of some powder.

I would really recommend that you drastically cut back your Dex intake, OP. At some point you're gonna have to make a decision for yourself about whether or not the high (that you only enjoy 40% of anyway) is worth the damage you're doing to your brain when there are plenty of safer drugs with more enjoyable highs. And if you decide that it is worth it, I would suggest to at least cut back. You're young now, so I know (from personal experience) that you're just doing this to have fun, but there will be future consequences if you don't make some serious changes regarding your Dex use. It seemed like you were trying to get 'on the right track' by wanting to straighten your life out, but it seems like your friend is an enabling force in your life. Life is pretty complicated so I won't pretend to know what's best for you, but you do, and I would urge you to listen to yourself in order to enact a positive change in your life.

Sorry, didn't mean to proselytize, but I'm currently trying to re-arrange my life for the better. Some of my best friends are big-time recreational drug users so I know that it can be hard to change your habits with other people pressuring you into it.

Be safe OP :)

I think DXM gets a bad rap as a dangerous drug. I really don't think it is more dangerous than say mushrooms or LSD. There hasn't been evidence that flat out says DXM is dangerous, though I think it could be potentially bad for you, based just on how damaged I feel after the afterglow.

All of the info on Olney's Legions are at levels that are much higher than 4th plateau trip. And none of the info says that the damage is permanent. I do feel a bit damaged after DXM use, but I think I use DXM more than average and have not noticed any lasting effects. Do keep in mind that there could be unknown dangers that haven't been documented, especially with habitual use(even at low doses).

Keep in mind I'm not a doctor, and I'm not saying DXM is safe by any means, but I do feel that someone needs to defend poor little DXM from being picked on by all you bullies. HA just kidding, sort of. No one knows how dangerous or safe DXM really is, so definitively saying that it is bad for you doesn't make sense to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've hit the fourth plateau once or twice in my life by mistake, both times I don't remember much, but I know I was certainly tripping balls.

I'd have to say that I like the third plateau the best. I like to take anywhere from 750-900mg using gel caps or robo syrup. I try to avoid Triple C's unless im just going to go to the 1st Plateau

This is sort of a general summary of my last few 3rd level DXM trips. I use Dxm almost every other day. In the past two weeks I have been to level 3 probably 4, maybe 5 times.

I really like the coming up part with a large dose. Once it starts to hit it comes on pretty fast, but not too fast where I get disoriented or scared. I get warm and tingly all over. My tactile senses seem to be either over reactive or under reactive I have a hard time determining because of the dissasociation of my body from my mind.

I feel like I'm a little me just sitting inside my head, looking out the windows that are my eyes. I get auditory hallucinations at this level of intoxication. It is usually a ringing in my ears or it sounds like someone is cutting grass in the distance. Sometimes I think I hear movement or animal noises in the distance or people, usually children, yelling in the distance. Nothing scary, it really just ends up being backround noise that I don't even pay attention too. I dont even notice it too much until the after glow when the haze starts to clear.

When I walk around it feels like I'm floating above the ground in my warm gelatin seat. I'm a little me chilling in my head looking out. Being carried around by this body that I have somewhat control over, just using my thoughts. I often have a lot of internal dialog during my trips since I take DXM during the days. I'm a stay at home dad. So I just do handy work around the house, dishes laundry, odd jobs, lawn work, tv, workout, etc. I'm 23 and a step dad to 2 kids. Boy5 Girl7. Im financialy stable and don't have the worries of most people.

I like to go to my workout room during the peak of these trips. I role around, stretch, watch tv, do ameture yoga and just enjoy the trip. Smoking weed puts me in a plesant daze and I do this every hour and a half or so. I usually smoke a cig after bud. Its quite an enjoyable rush as I don't smoke that often so I get a pretty strong and short buzz from nicotine.

I'd have to say that I enjoy the after glow more than the trip itself. It feels like I've come back from being inebriated, but I'm definitely not sober. Its hard to discribe. Everything has a redish orange tint to it. I start to notice the auditory halucinations a little more. I'm more cognisent of whats going on around me and no longer just going from moment to moment like a gold fish.

All in all, I love DXM. And always remember if you're not wasted, the day is. Over and Out.
good feedback! loved reading. and yeah my 4th plateau was unexpected aha.. and i like to toke about every hour when im dexing, i personally love opiates with it aswell! how often do you use dxm?

I really don't recommend doing DXM, or any hallucinogen every day for a long time. I understand that it may be ego-boosting to be able to say "Oh yea, I've tripped hundreds of times," but seriously, it's not good for your brain. And even if you are doing it for the pure pleasure, such hedonism is still not healthy. Ask yourself, "What am I really getting out of this?" That's just my advice, take it or leave it. Don't take this offensively, I'm really not trying to be demeaning.
you honestly think it feels good to say "i do dxm everyday" i wish i didnt my tolerance is stupid. and i only do it for the pure pleasure for myself i think its a great legal drug and is underestimated because of its legal high. dxm has helped me out quite a bit tho, like it gives me empathy and lets me be more open minded.. but i love the drug and it is safe in LOW doses.

^^
u really need to get off it tho, because people who use it for long periods of time usually feel a little "off" for quite some time after cessation.

I'm with Dex24/7 on this one, but I may not be the best person to have in your corner. I'm considered to be one of the more crazy and intense members of my social group. Not in that im overwhelming to be around, just that I never hesitate to jump into a new high or experiment with a substance. I'm actually pretty reserved and introverted until you really get to know me.

But back to the subject at hand. I consider DXM at lower doses(1st and mid 2nd Plateau) to be safer on the body and mind then most people would think. I first took DXM to get high 5 or 6 years ago at a rate of once or twice every month or so. I had a few binges during that time of 2-4 trips a week for 2 or 3 weeks. Probably had 5 or 6 binges during that period, but since about a year ago my use has drastically increased to 4-6 trips a week at doses ranging anywhere from 200-900mg.

I try to go for a 2nd plateau trip most of the time, but often explore the 3rd. I usually don't try to go above that because I don't like bothering people to trip sit. I will usually only go to the first plateau if I dont have access to any more DXM than that or if I am at work or around family that dose not approve of me getting high all the time.

I like taking a low dose of tramadol or a high dose of codeine when I start feeling the effects of DXM kicking in. and as I said before also like to smoke both weed and cigs while high on DXM.

I don't know why, but life is just way more interesting for me on DXM. I feel like I'm floating through a warm atmosphere that is the dextroverse. I used to be addicted to opiates, and I'd much rather be addicted to DXM. I like the feeling of Opiates more than disassociatives, but DXM addiction is way cheaper, and in my opinion easier to hide. You don't have to deal with going to your dealer, there is never a drought, and when times get to be there most desperate there is always the five finger discount.

Plus DXM causes way less health problems than say alcohol. While DXM isn't used as much as alcohol by the general public it is still clear to me that risks of single or even habitual use seem to be higher with alcohol than DXM.
agreed, codeine goes good with dxm! and alcohol is a shitty drug. dxm is easy to get and pleasuring to use recreactionaly.

hahahahaha, i know right.
best of luck to you aswell, and thanks i should be posting a fourth plateau experience soon!!
need to get off this shit for a little <.< my tolerance is quite high
check on trip reports within weeks!!