Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DXM (330mg) - First Time - First DXM Trip

number22

Bluelighter
DXM has always intrigued me, however the whole nauseous and puking part always scared me. Finally, I got the guts to try it. My first dose was 225mg of the gel caps. I got a real nice high from it. Felt like I was drunk and high, just like how the first and second plateau was described. Did not get nauseous at all and had a good time.

Mind you, I only weigh 120 pounds, so that probably factors in how such a low dosage affected me so much. I took 330mg for the second time, and it was most definitely a trip. I began to feel the effects 45 minutes in, just feeling weird and no longer sober. I was on my way going downstairs to the basement but my parents called me over to talk. This is when I began to notice the subtle effects.

After about 15 minutes of talking I make it to the basement, now feeling even stranger. I did not wanna sit around and wait for the drug, so I put on Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and let the drug take its course. About 90 minutes after dosing, and 30 minutes of watching the movie, my brother comes home. I texted him saying to check on me when he gets home. The timing was crazy, he walks downstairs and makes a comment about the movie, and I respond with "yo I think I'm gonna puke."

Once that was over I was full on in the trip. I waited 15 more minutes and I smoked some weed. We put on the movie Doctor Strange and holy shit that is one hell of a movie. Probably only 30 minutes or so into the movie, my brother just finished hitting the bong so I called him over to hug me (lmfao). I then proceeded to break down and start crying and everything just got hella real. I had intense thoughts about life and the direction I was headed. It was so overwhelming with so many different emotions - fear, excitement, happiness, confusion. Nothing like that has ever happened to me before in a trip.

After the whole crying part it went back to being a huge body load and mind fuck. Sometimes when tripping on LSD I think I have an anxiety attack, breathing becomes difficult, hands become numb/tingly, and I just start to freak out. This started to happen during my DXM trip, but I was calm for it. All the same sensations were going on, but I was just doing nothing about it. I even mentioned to my brother what was happening to me, and I was like I might pass out or something idk whats happening to my body.

I actually stuck it out and didn't need any help. The first time this happened to me I actually went unconscious for 3 minutes when on 300 mics of LSD. My brother rubbed my sternum to pull me back into reality that time. I started doing that to myself last night and it did help somehow. Anyone else experience these sensations? I always just assumed it was an anxiety attack.

For a good portion I was making faces and saying things without any filter. I was totally aware of the things I was doing, but it felt like I did not have control over it. My brother said I was reminding him of the drug from 21 jump street.

Last thing I'd like to note is the robowalk. What a retard I felt like, but walking like that felt so normal lol. Well this is my first trip report, hopefully I did decent xD

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_dxm
substancecode_dissociatives
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
exptype_difficult
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a bad report. It's good to see a DXM report that's reasonably cogent and distills the effects in an understandable way; a lot of times, DXM trip reports tend to be muddled and hard to read, which might be a result of writing it while on the drug itself.

Yes, I have experienced "unconscious" effects as you describe. That effect becomes insanely pronounced the higher you dose (it is, after all, a dissociative). To outside observers, DXM intoxication can make the person using it appear as if they're in great pain or they're unresponsive, when really they're in the throes of dissociation and the concept of words and communication might be out of their grasp.

Smoking weed (or ingesting it orally) during DXM is one of my favorite combinations. You mentioned feeling nervous about the nauseous/puking aspect of the trip; this is where weed comes in and, not only lays waste to much of the uncomfortable body load, adds a heavy layer of psychedelia to the DXM experience. It truly is a special combination, and I rarely take DXM without it. Other dissociatives don't call for cannabis in the same way, tho admittedly it's always nice.

Good first report.