• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Duterte's back-street butchers: Bodies pile up as crackdown claims 5,900 lives in fiv

There's this organisation called 'the Catholic church'. Philippines is 98% Catholic with a fervour that makes Pakistan look positively atheist. So, er, yes.

Not to mention the country has a population of 100 million that has elected him by popular vote.

I hate the cunt. But maybe you need to look up self-determination.

The world isn't made of puppies.
A world full of puppies would be pretty sweet, not as awesome as a world full of baby sloths but pretty neat all the same

Faaaark..6k ppl.

This crazy geezer is fucking off on fentanyl and reminiscing, quite sweetly, about his days riding a bike in Davao city and shooting ppl on the spot...That is scary.

Even scarier is he was elected by popular vote....I'd never really had any interest in going to phillipines but all this seals it for me as no go.

Nobody is "doing anything" about this because all countries benefit from their war on drugs. In the U.S.A, it's profit prisons who make more money for locking up non-violent drug offenders. More taxes are collected to fund these prisons while the American people fall into poverty. Into countries that punish drug use and drug dealing with death, the police and the government get the freedom to push their weight around and dictate what their people do. It's literally all about money and power, and the people on the streets who are trying to support themselves or their families are the ones who take the flak for it. It's disgusting . When you stand back and look at it all, it's never been about keeping people 'healthy and safe'. I'm grateful that I'm privileged enough to not be executed for my lifestyle, but god damn. I wish there was something we could do to help the families of those murdered in the gutters.

'I'll lock them in a room and say "If your name is on my list, son of a b****, I'll kill you". I'll go down in history as the butcher': Philippines President Duterte tells corrupt mayors to resign or die as drug purge continues

Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte warned on Monday that mayors suspected of participating in drug trade should resign
The president threatened he would kill mayors who promote drug trade
He said those involved in drug trade will have security and power taken away
Duterte has made several threats to kill people connected to drug trade
He insists the recent wave of drug trade deaths are not the government's work

Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte warned mayors in his country that remain on his suspected drug dealing list that they leave the trade or be killed.
During an oath-taking ceremony of over 200 appointees on Monday, the 71-year-old leader said that the mayors should resign and 'make a clean break of everything' or he would 'really kill you'.

'I will call the mayors, I will lock them in so it's just us,' he said in his speech. 'I will really tell them, 'The list I gave you is this thick. Look for your name there, mayor'.
'If your name is there, son of a b****, you have a problem, I will really kill you.'

'Either you resign or make a clean break of everything, come up with clean nose and we'll talk,' he added.
Duterte said that mayors who have ties to the drug dealing industry should be prepared to have their security and power taken away, Rappler.com reported.

'The first thing that I would do is to deprive you of the supervisory powers over the police, second is I will remove all of your security detail,' he said.
'I might go down [in] history as the butcher. It's up to you,' he added.

Duterte has previously voiced suspicion that mayors are using their power to ensure police leaders don't get in the way of drug trade in their cities and towns.
The president has made several threats to kill people connected to drug trade in the country, but insists the recent wave of drug trade deaths are not the work of the government.

Duterte was elected earlier this year partly because he promised to get tough on criminals in the Philippines, an overwhelmingly Catholic country.
He has made reviving the death penalty one of his priorities as part of a brutal war on crime that has already seen 5,300 people killed.

Eighty percent of Filipinos are Catholics and the Philippines abolished the death penalty in 2006 following a campaign by the Catholic Church.
But during his election campaign Duterte had vowed to introduce executions by hanging, saying he did not want to waste bullets and believed snapping the spinal cord was more humane than a firing squad.

Duterte, who was known for his crime-busting antics during his time as Mayor of the southern city of Davao, said he thought the point of the death penalty was retribution, not deterrence.
Duterte's war on crime has drawn international criticism from the United States and United Nations over concerns about extrajudicial killings and a breakdown in the rule of law.

A survey by Social Weather Stations released today showed a majority backed Duterte's war on drugs but 78 per cent were worried they or someone in their family would become a victim of extrajudicial killings.
The survey also showed 71 per cent said it was 'very important' police keep suspects alive.
Police have repeatedly said they only killed criminals who fought back but the nation's rights agency has begun investigating several armed encounters.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-die-drug-purge-continues.html#ixzz4VOHSej42

The reality of President Rodrigo Duterte’s brutal war on drugs

Since The Punisher’s rise to power in June last year, it’s estimated over 5000 people have been killed in his violent war on drugs, prompting an outcry from the international community.
He keeps a list of names of suspected drug criminals, telling them to turn themselves in or risk death at the hands of the police.

The Times estimates there are over a million people on the list, and these people can consider themselves dead men walking unless they turn themselves in and confess.
Grecel Sagpang, a station commander with the Philippine National Police, told the Times the lists are largely compiled through the use of informants.
He said police rely on anyone from local politicians to poor squatters to tell them who should be on the list.

“A confidential informant came, to say drugs are very prevalent in such-and-such area,” he said. “We have to dig deeper. We deploy detectives and intelligence operatives” to verify that “Mr. So-and-So is fiddling drugs in the community.”

In October last year, a senior policeman who claimed to be involved in the killings gave a chilling account of how the police go about murdering suspects.
Speaking to The Guardian anonymously, he said he was part of one of 10 highly secretive special operations teams tasked with executing a list of suspected criminals.

He claimed officers would be briefed by team leaders using a special code, and given a personal file of drug criminals to “neutralise”.
Officers might receive a picture of the suspect, and the team would then investigate the individual to determine what they were involved in.

When it came to the killing, officers dressed in plain clothes would set their watches giving themselves only a minute or so to remove individuals from their houses and kill them on the spot — usually at night.
The bodies would then be dumped in the text town or under a bridge, sometimes with a sign reading “drug lord” or “pusher”.

“We put placards in order for the media, in order for those investigating bodies to redirect their investigation,” he told The Guardian. He said this leads them to think: “Why should I investigate this guy? He is a drug pusher, he is a rapist, never mind with that one, I will just investigate the others. It’s a good thing for him that happened to him.”

He insisted the murders are in the public interest, therefore the officers are not committing sins. To the contrary, he said they are there as “angels”.
“We are the kind of policemen that we don’t just kill for pleasure,” the officer said.

“But if we think this is a hardened individual or hardened criminal who makes his living as a parasite to others, well we will have no conscience. We are going to give him the worst death (so) that even Satan cannot look straightforward to him because he has a very bad death.”

Cont -

http://www.news.com.au/world/asia/t...SF&utm_source=News.com.au&utm_medium=Facebook

Duterte threatens to impose martial law in drug crackdown

http%3a%2f%2fprod.static9.net.au%2f_%2fmedia%2fnetwork%2fhome%2fstreams%2f2016%2f10%2f01%2f07%2f13%2f0110_duterte_env_a.ashx

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte has said he would impose martial law if the drug problem became "very virulent", just a month after dismissing as "nonsense" any suggestion he might do so.

Duterte has made a brutal war on drugs a central pillar of his administration since he took office in the middle of last year.

Since July, more than 6,000 people have been killed in the anti-drug campaign, in both police operations and unexplained killings by suspected "vigilantes". More than 1 million drug peddlers and users have been arrested or have surrendered to authorities.

Duterte, speaking to members of a chamber of commerce in the southern city of Davao late on Saturday, said he has sworn to protect the country against all threats, including drugs, which he said has affected about 4 million people.

"If I wanted to, and it will deteriorate into something really very virulent, I will declare martial law," he said.

"No one can stop me," he said, referring to the Supreme Court and Congress.

Cont - http://www.9news.com.au/world/2017/...if-drug-problem-continues#PKIE6GQl4cZyL22i.99

I'll tell you what will stop him. Geography. There may be several places the military can impose their will but there's plenty more in that huge array of islands where he'd have no chance. He couldn't even cover the whole of Luzon. And doesn't betel nut count as a drug? The streets of Banaue are red with the spitting of 'moma'.