Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Durogesic 25 fentanyl 25ug/hour info needed

my innerself

Bluelighter
Ok, lets just hypothetically say that I found a Durogesic 25 fentanyl 25ug/hour patch on the ground and put it on my arm about 2 hours ago. Does anyone here have any info or experience with this type of drug? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• fentanyl 25ughour.JPG
    fentanyl 25ughour.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 2,250
my innerself said:
Ok, lets just hypothetically say that I found a Durogesic 25 fentanyl 25ug/hour patch on the ground and put it on my arm about 2 hours ago. Does anyone here have any info or experience with this type of drug? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

From what I understand to get some recreational value from fentanyl patches you need to dissolve the drug in water and inject it. Just putting it on may be good pain relief though.

I am in no way suggesting you do this though, I don't know at all in what dose you should take it or the steps required to dissolve the substance. If you must, wait for someone with a better idea than me to give more useful information.

From what I understand to get some recreational value from fentanyl patches you need to dissolve the drug in water and inject it. Just putting it on may be good pain relief though.

That is absolutely not true and very bad advice given the potency of fentanyl and the difficult most people would have trying to get a proper IV dose out of the patch. You can smoke the gel, which is safer, or eat it, which is even safer since fent has very poor bio-availability when eaten. Anyone reading this needs to keep in mind that they do put slightly more fentanyl in the patches then you'd come up with if you calculated by multiplying 25mc by the hours you are supposed to wear it.

To the OP: By putting the patch on your arm, it may take quite a while before you start to feel a high and you will stay that way for a couple of days at least if you keep wearing the patch.

It looks like you have a generic fentanyl patch? Here's a thread from OD concerning the generics.

Uhm, whether or not it has happened in Australia or not, im not sure, but in the States it is now impossible to extract any gel from the Fentanyl patches.

Fentanyl is normally sold on the black market in the form of transdermal fentanyl patches such as Duragesic, diverted from legitimate medical supplies. The patches may be cut up and eaten, or the gel from inside the patch smoked. To prevent the removal of the fentanyl base, Janssen-Cilag, the inventor of the Fentanyl patch designed the Durogesic patch. The Durogesic patches contain their Fentanyl throughout the plastic matrix instead of gel incorporated into a reservoir on the patch.

Either way, Fentanyl is an extremely powerful opiate, i wouldn't fuck around with it.

Looking at the photo closer, it says its a "Durogesic" patch, not a "Duragesic" patch so im assuming that no gel can be extracted from that particular one.

For recreational use, the best option would be Actiq (taking into consideration safety precautions of course).

ActiqIG.jpg

Fentanyl lollypops......doesn't it make you wonder whats next?

8)

Last edited:
I agree with the above. Please don't attempt to isolate the fentanyl. Risk of accidental overdose is just too great.

I have a friend who is prescribed fentanyl patches for severe back pain. He's now on 100ug patches, but started out on 25's and found them effective although due to his level of pain, euphoria was minimal. However, others who tried his used patches said it was a very euphoric experience.

thanks for all the advice guys its much appreciated. I had the patch on for about 30 hours then took it off after it made me vomit quite violently (though I did consume a bottle of wine before I spewed but I can drink 3 to 4 bottles in a night and not be sick). I did find it quite relaxing and dozed off on the couch about 20 hours in, when I woke up I felt very warm, docile and at peace. I also had very shallow breathing. I kind of wished I never took it off so soon as you can wear it for up to 72 hours. I have access to 2 more so I might give it another go minus the alcohol. Thanks again.

Opioids plus alcohol is a bad idea, especially when the opioid is fentanyl which is known to cause a good deal of respiratory depression.

Fentanyl shouldn't be fucked with, period.

It's just too potent.

Thats my opinion anyway.

I used to cringe when i read reports of people extracting the gel and IV'ing it.

Can anyone say deathwish?

12-14 hours to start working. a 25umg is very tame and only casue you grif if you have a reation or allergy.

how u gonna say "hypothetically" and then post a picture, silly?

Ive heard that heating up the patch or the area where its applied will help it get into the blood stream quicker, maybe even scrub the skin before hand with a brush to wear the first layer of skin down.

For the nausea take an anti histamine, eg diphenhydramine or promethazine, only a small dose <50mg of either. Keep an eye on your breathing, if it gets too shallow or you start to fall asleep take the patch off.

I'm not talking from experience so take extra care if you do any of these. Preferably let someone know what you are doing so they can check on you if you pass out.

^ I'd be careful mixing sedatives of any kind with fent; they may pass out.

Heating up the patch with a compress of some sort will help more of the substance get absorbed quicker.

I know fent is extremely potent but on a 1:1 ratio (equivalent dose) compared to say morphine and oxycodone does it depress the CNS anymore?

Yes; I can't be bothered looking up cites now, but fent and it's analogues do cause worse CNS depression then the other opioids. Most of what I've learnt about fent I've picked up from discussions in Advanced Drug Discussion, and from users of fentanyl who post in OD. It is something to be very careful with and not to mix with other CNS depressants.

As a point of interest, pharmaceutical companies are looking into the ultra-potent fent analogues due to their increased safety margins.

Ah ok thanks for that info, then yes I would definitely agree to avoid the anti-histamines.

I thought the danger was just due to the high potency not the fact that it causes more severe repository depression, I will try and do some more research next time.

^ Good thinking; the problem with the anti-histamines is that they may make your more susceptible to passing out, and obviously when unconscious you can't make yourself breathe.

Anyway, I never had that much of a problem with histamine reactions on fent. Codeine, on the other hand...

the respiratory depression from Fentanyl is almost scary when you experience it for the first time. you gotta be REAALLYYY careful

be safe

Are there any drugs that will combat respiratory depression, apart from the obvious solution of doing some stimulants in combination eg caffeine, dexies, meth etc.

Last edited:
Naltrexone?

Not much apart from opioid antagonists/a ventilator or whatever those things are that breathe for you.