• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dude, codeine?!

Melancholy Hill

Bluelighter
I apologize to the mods if this is not allowed, but I figured I would post this thread in the (opioids) "Other Drugs" forum since I got no replies in the "Basic Drug Discussion" forum, and it's slowly working it's way down to the bottom as if no one is really going to reply. Maybe I'll get some responses here. You mods know better than I do, so wherever you see this thread fit better, you may delete the other one if you'd like.

But here was my original post:

"Just thought I would share this story with you guys because I REALLY wasn't expecting codeine to knock me on my ass as it seems to be one of the lesser potent/less powerful opiates and I have taken them before recreationally with little to no effect. This time though took me by COMPLETE surprise as it completely obliterated me.

Anyway, I took 20 Tylenol 3s this time around (I have a pretty high tolerance to opiates) as I have taken 10-15 in the past and it didn't really do much for me recreationally. DON'T WORRY, I preform a CWE every time to save my liver from any severe damage. But let me get on with the story:

As an opiate user, I have a habit of going outside and immediately smoking anywhere from 3-5 cigarettes as soon as the substance starts to kick it because it definitely seems to potentiate my buzz. I also like to stand pretty much the entire time for some reason as well. I guess I do this to try to avoid falling asleep/passing out.

Well let me assure you that definitely didn't work this time as I had one of the best opiate nods going for me and every 30 seconds or so I stumbled/almost passed out anyway and had to regain control of my stance. I remember my dad constantly coming out to the porch to check on me and tell me to sit down or come inside and lay down on the couch because he caught me stumbling quite a few times (he had known I had taken pain medication because I was in a serious car accident and had them prescribed. He just didn't know how many I took).

Needless to say, I ignored his requests and 5 minutes later he came back out and picked me up off of the porch floor. Apparently I had fallen head first (see pic below).

That is when I finally listened to my father and went inside and layed down on the couch where I passed out for hours. No blanket, no pillow, even had my shoes and all of my clothes on. I was laying on my stomach with one leg hanging off the couch and as uncomfortable as that sounds, it was the best sleep I had gotten in AWHILE. I just thought I would share this story since I found it kind of humorous but since this is a hard reduction forum, it also has positive benefits to it. Basically, moral of the story is: I just thought I would share this story since I found it kind of humorous but since this is a hard reduction forum, it also has positive benefits to it. Basically, moral of the story is:

Don't underestimate the power of certain drugs. Obviously, from my experience drugs can be VERY unpredictable. For example; x amount of something might barely give you a buzz, but taking taking the same amount or even a little more another day can get you completely ANNIHILATED. Falling down head first on your porch is potentially dangerous, not fun and is basically the complete opposite of recreation so PLEASE be careful with your doses. I was completely irresponsible not only with the high dose I took, but my actions afterwards as well. If you are going to take a high dose of any kind of opiate, please make sure you have nothing planned for the day (I didn't) and just chill out on your couch or bed, etc. and enjoy your buzz.

I am hoping my experience will help some people on here because I don't want anyone making the same mistakes I did. If not, at least I tried. Everyone have a good night and be safe."

Last edited: