• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Drugslab on youtube - finishing up :(

Wiserthanearlier

Bluelighter
I have followed drugslab on youtube for years.

They take a drug in a controlled environment and video document it. A well put together video with harm minimization clearly the main focus behind a drugs effect.

They have announced they are wrapping up now, just at they reached 1 million subscribers. So sad.
In this announcement they also included some good news about a 3 part series on ayahuasca which i have watched and they did a great job.

If you havent seen drugslab yet, please check them out, and please comment that they cannot stop now!
If this indeed the end, goodbye and thanks for 3 or so years of great youtube videos (videos will remain evdn though they are retiring)

I never liked them they gave alot of bad and misinformation about drugs and i swear most of their experinces where they them faking what drugs would be like. So im happy they gone.

Isn't this the channel funded by some European government? I've seen a couple of their videos and they don't look like they know what the hell they're doing. I'm glad they're on the way out.

Early DrugsLab was great I thought even if it was a little sanitised but you can forgive them for trying to make it more palatable to the masses. It went seriously downhill recently when they kept rehashing the same old substances and ignoring entire classes of more obscure but far more interesting substances, ~PCP, DOx, to name a few off the top of my head. When that guy left the new presenter sucked also, they actually did an alcohol episode that was so cringe. The original girl presenter was hot though. That's all I have to add I think, but, all that said it's always a shame when any iteration of a counter-prohibitionist and HR/education oriented enterprise shuts up shop, so, RIP. Some of it was good while it lasted. Also... what a job to have! :p

More palatable to the masses at the cost of accurate HR info is no victory. If I recall correctly they snorted an eyeballed amount of untested coke. I'm sure this is standard practice by most users, however, it is not good HR.

I thought they weighed the coke? Maybe was another episode though... anyway yeah, fair point, I surmise from the cesspool of YouTube comments that they had a few major bloopers like that, for sure, there's really no excuse, I guess I just find it hard to criticise it strongly when at the very least the presenters appeared well meaning and not openly hostile to the use of such substances like 99.99%+ of the drones you usually see talking about drugs on TV...

Geez, it was designed for the masses and got some info out. Sure its not like trawling in forums to get detailed info, it was broad. It was simple. They had a decent point in what they intended.
And Nellie was hot lol