• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Drugs that best help you "understand the universe"...? (and those that don't?)

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
Immediately what would come to mind =

- ketamine, dissociative nature, ego dissolution.

- LSD, by reputation

- MDMA, I read a case recently where a white supremacist dropped his entire hateful agenda and realized "love" was the answer, after one dose.

Those that don't.

- Cannabis - I could be wrong, but this has a downregulation effect on neurons (blocking ion channels), which make it good for pain conditions, muscle spasticity, a "stoned" feeling, anxiety (neural overfiring) etc.
But, does it broaden ones horizons?

Maybe it does?

My experience is it just makes me feel horrible.

But I'm open to suggestion?

- Cocaine - stimulant. Bog standard. Psychedelic insight and personal reformation?
I've yet to read relevance in this capacity.

- Opioids - hell no. Magic for pain conditions, But not for "outside the box" insights.

- Stimulants like meth/amphetamine - these worked for me before when I wanted to study, but since then, not so much.
I'd avoid these myself in future.

I know there's triptamine analogues like Peyote (spelling?) + frens, but I think LSD would check the necessary box for me there.

Most euphoric drugs, and psychedelics, can make you feel like you "understood the universe" but it's important to remain humble.
If you truly want to understand shit you have to study it, it requires the right mix of theory and experience.
Epiphanies are great, but they're not an easy path to real knowledge.

No drugs (or at most a mild stimulant). Perhaps caffeine?

Most euphoric drugs, and psychedelics, can make you feel like you "understood the universe" but it's important to remain humble.
If you truly want to understand shit you have to study it, it requires the right mix of theory and experience.
Epiphanies are great, but they're not an easy path to real knowledge.

Assume the work behind the real knowledge is done - and simply additional perspective on said work is desired....

lmao no

Psychedelics just hit a part of the brain that makes you feel deep understanding. That's literally what that part of the brain does. Actual understanding has nothing to do with it.

Nobody really understands anything. Our "understanding" of "things" are merely limited by our brains interpretation of the reality around us, which may only exist within ourselves. Our knowledge doesn't make us understand the universe better, it makes our perception of the universe around us fit around our knowledge. There could be other civilizations out there who have a completely different take on the universe than we do and perceive it in ways that we've never even considered to perceive it, because our perceptions are limited by our own manufactured "knowledge".