• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Drugs at work

I reckon farming has gotta be up there as one of the most hard jobs, I reckon it's up there with being a fisherman in the North sea or working on a oil field.

Not as hard as delivering mail, the toughest job in the world, as evidenced here.

In my line of work, especially being self-employed, it's quite easy to take 'a bit of drugs' and still function to a reasonable degree. Things can take longer or need touching up later, but some days it's actually conducive to motivation. However, as someone with impulsive, addictive tendencies, I try to avoid it. Try.

Enjoyed reading all your reports of at-work indulgences haha!

In my line of work, especially being self-employed, it's quite easy to take 'a bit of drugs' and still function to a reasonable degree. Things can take longer or need touching up later, but some days it's actually conducive to motivation. However, as someone with impulsive, addictive tendencies, I try to avoid it. Try.

Enjoyed reading all your reports of at-work indulgences haha!

What do you do for a living?

I'm doing a bit of ill-health-enforced freelancing from home as a cg artist at the moment and have tried working on a few different drugs. Stimmy type stuff is bollocks, I've got no attention span and am too restless to work. Psyches you'd think would be good for unleashing the creativity in me but are no good for the same reason, plus it helps to be able to see the screen properly. The only thing that really works is weed, if I have a smoke I can get really focussed on what I'm doing and lose hours at a time. It'll have to end when I go back to office work next year though!

I agree on the stims. Though at first it seems like speed would be a good choice for focus, in actual fact I've found it makes me restless and erratic, as you describe. I'm freelancing in audio, mostly mastering, but also as a musician (composition etc). That means half the time some drugs are really inappropriate (like psychs/dissociatives when I need my mixing ears on - they either flatten or significantly colour the sound which ain't acceptable), and the other half, those drugs can be great (creativity or making lengthy and mundane tasks more interesting/enjoyable). Dissociatives, maintained at a threshold/minimum level, give me a lot of focus and energy for tasks, and prevent me from getting distracted so easily. I find the 'manic' properties of dopamine-releasing disso's very energising and inspiring. I also suffer with anxiety intermittently and find that 'causeless' stress can a massive barrier to creativity, so the forced-anxiolysis of ketamine/meo-pcp/mxe is a blessing. I've done some of my better work with them, but I've also made some silly mistakes when I've got a little too nose-happy.

Yeah I can do alright on low doses of ket as well, but it's all too easy to get out of hand :D