• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Drugs and Family

a lot of people say that if a person has schizophrenia, they will get it anyways regardless of if they use drugs... but if you read the schizophrenia reddit, a lot of people complain their symptoms arise when smoking weed or become greater when smoking.

before i tried any drugs at all i had schizophrenia every now and then as an early teen, and i remember having it as a small child unless i'm just dreaming that up... at this point now it's really weird, i'll hear different things when i'm not smoking. i remember i spent three months in the hospital, was on injections and pills to stop the voices/sounds. when i got out of the hospital before smoking any weed, i started hearing these weird explosions and banging noises in the distance. i started smoking weed, and the weird/disturbing noises turned into some voices that i am comfortable with. mostly i don't hear anything that freaks me out and i realize the voices aren't real at this point... but there have been points which i've wrote about on this board where i ordered drugs in the mail and then thought people were gang stalking me driving by my house yelling and stuff because i was ordering drugs in the mail. i also thought my neighbors put a speaker in their house and were yelling at me cause i used to play loud music once a few years earlier... i used to question my parents confused about this stuff and for a while i thought they might've been part of the conspiracy so i was probably giving off a weird vibe, and now they kind of think i'm permanently paranoid.. even when i'm paranoid and in what is probably psychosis i still have some stability and have thought "okay maybe i'm insane and this isn't really happening," but it seems so real sometimes that it's hard to not question people and stuff... like part of what got me to stop thinking people were out to get me and realize it was my imagination was i thought my father used to always bang on the walls down stairs beneith my room, but one time i ran down stairs while it was happening and definitely no one was there... i was also able to record around my house with cameras (which sometimes can go wrong because people can hallucinate stuff on the camera's recording and think that's real), but mostly i realized a lot of the stuff that was going on was all sounds/voices from my imagination... now it's like i just assume a lot of stuff is schizophrenia, like if i hear people yelling at the bar near my house, i'll just write it off as my voices even if it's stuff that's actually happening.. not really the best situation, but i get by with the mental illness. i'd personally probably prefer to have it, because it helps me with boredom... not everyone is lucky like i am. i think being full of myself as an artist/musician makes the voices in my head like me more than some other people get. i'm really not too sure. most people seem to have a pretty shitty time with schizophrenia though. on the other hand some people enjoy it and can maintain a life free of dellusions.
That's amazing, really.. wow.

What made me come to this thread is the other side of the coin. You current or former drug users with kids:
Do they know you use(d)?
How do they react?
I get the feeling this new generation (z?) is quite serious and righteous (with all that political correctness stuff).
Mine don't know and I'm trying m best to keep it that way.... Otherwise, the way I know them is they'd probably try to cure me 😅
And the political correctnes - at least in this country feels much more like mind- control than anything else 😒. Wrong opinion? Conspiracist. Critical attitude? Nazi. They judge whatever not "correct" attitude or even doubts as evil or stupid. Bad days for open communication, really.

I got that mind control feeling while I was living in Germany. had to constantly check myself to not piss off people left and right.

I got that mind control feeling while I was living in Germany. had to constantly check myself to not piss off people left and right.
Yeah right? It got so much worse since Corona I swear. Even the newspapers all convey the same attitude towards war for example. And don't you dare disagree 😒

I got kids and my oldest is almost 14, when he was smaller he been through some rough times because i was using and dealing and he probably seen me using witch i feel bad for but today im a much more responsable parent and i still use/deal but im much more discreet and he knows i smoke so we talk about how its natural and therefore cannot be compared to chemical substances which i tell him to never use and ive told him i advise against it but its up to him if he smokes when he is 18…he seems to be more anti drugs than i was at his age and i had stricter parents….