• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Drug tests start for pub patrons

lol yeah....

and on topic:
that guy has no clue about anything, except how to lose business.

The irony of testing people in a pub for drugs.
So amazing true. I want to laugh but I think that I'm choking on reality. Dial F for fascism.

Last edited:
They say this is part of an initiative to reduce violent crime, but I think the drunks are more likely to engage in violent acts than most people who are high on illegal drugs.

jude101 said:
I live in England and where the fuck exactly is Bicester??

Does sound like a sketchy tale..

Alcohol is not necessarily such a enraging and violence-born drug. It does extensivly reduce inhibitions, though oddly enough through inhibitory neurotransmission. The atmosphere of the pub is often very conductive of violent behaviour. This is coming from someone who no longer uses alcohol.

Idler, it's in Oxford which is pretty damn close to us.

It better not come to Northampton!

ugh, can you imagine the clientèle of the king billy or racehorse or something =/

Tryptamine*Dreamer said:
They say this is part of an initiative to reduce violent crime, but I think the drunks are more likely to engage in violent acts than most people who are high on illegal drugs.

you couldn't be more right. the hypocrisy of this whole operation makes me sick. It is a fact that alcohol can arouse aggressive/violent behavior. You don't have to believe me, just go to a bar/pub and watch fights break out between drunks. I've seen it more times than i can count. This is much more likely than an illegal drug user committing violent acts..Pot is the most ridiculous of the drugs included in the test to "reduce violent crime". Want to curb violent crime? Tell people to smoke pot. The only thing this will reduce is customers at that fascist's pub. Yay, i love it when governments make up their own realities and enforce the law accordingly. Scary stuff.

Last edited:
"We associate binge drinking and illegal substances as being one of the causes of spontaneous unprovoked street crime."

so you can't enter a bar if you have drug residue.. but you can still go to the bar and binge drink no problem 8(

and that business owner is pretty nutty putting a police checkpoint at his front door

I've been saying for years this will happen. Just wait until the newly developed and inexpensive sensors are installed in every shop, business, pub etc. You'll be scaned before entering and possibly refused service if you show positive.

Insurance companies and prohibitionists have been calling for broader use of scanners and swab testing for years; workplace testing was only the beginning.

Tryptamine*Dreamer said:

Bingo.

My ex-husband never beat me when he was smoking pot...only when he was drunk.

:! :X

phase_dancer said:
I've been saying for years this will happen. Just wait until the newly developed and inexpensive sensors are installed in every shop, business, pub etc. You'll be scaned before entering and possibly refused service if you show positive.

Insurance companies and prohibitionists have been calling for broader use of scanners and swab testing for years; workplace testing was only the beginning.

Yep, this is my worry too. Need a loan? Need a driver's license? Want to apply for membership in our club? Want to enter this museum? Submitting a claim to our health insurance company? Want a visa to travel to our country? Put your finger on this scanner. You damn well better test negative.

What will happen when these cheap scans become a routine part of routine traffic stops?

Or border crossings?
I read last year that a team of Japanese scientists is well on the way to developing a highly accurate electronic nose, which can detect remarkably tiny amounts of drug residues in/on someone, with the wave of a wand like a metal detector. Expect drug prices to absolutely skyrocket, and whole countries to more or less dry up, when these become affordable and commonplace at border crossings.:!

This is pretty goddamn funny when you think about the fact that alcohol induces more violence then any other drug. Whenever you have alcohol fulled big events here there are fights all over the place and there is nearly a damn riot. There have been actually on a few occasions.

On the other hand when people stick to weed, shrooms, E's or whatever everyone is pretty peaceful. Ive never gotten in trouble when ive taken drugs but when i used to drink hell ya i got into all sorts of it.

MyDoorsAreOpen said:
Yep, this is my worry too. Need a loan? Need a driver's license? Want to apply for membership in our club? Want to enter this museum? Submitting a claim to our health insurance company? Want a visa to travel to our country? Put your finger on this scanner. You damn well better test negative.

What will happen when these cheap scans become a routine part of routine traffic stops?

Or border crossings?
I read last year that a team of Japanese scientists is well on the way to developing a highly accurate electronic nose, which can detect remarkably tiny amounts of drug residues in/on someone, with the wave of a wand like a metal detector. Expect drug prices to absolutely skyrocket, and whole countries to more or less dry up, when these become affordable and commonplace at border crossings.:!

I'd really doubt it'd go that far, especially with so many rich old white men in the govenment that may have to step out to powder their noses, from time to time. And of course there's the Wall-Street money laundering loophole that lets stock traders swap greenbacks with Columbian cartels. Illiegal drugs is big business. I think its no secret that the real drugs that the people in power fear are the ones that could cut into their alcohol and tobacco profits. The biggest perceived threat to Anheuser Busch and Phillip Morris is the cannabis plant, although MDMA, and psychedelics are not far behind.