• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Drug tests for People trying to get the dole

there should be an income thresh hold cut off. if your so scummy that you earn less then x amount you should be tested. if your that much better than everyone else and you earn or inherit x amount you should be exempt? :|

^in an ideal world I would agree with you, but we don't live in an ideal world, so one of the consequences of the capitalist model we are currently using is that there is an imbalance with wealth tending to concentrate at the top, not saying the people at the top with the money are bad guys its just they way the system works, so given that as a proven fact then it also follows that a certain amount of citizens slip through the cracks and end up with very little , in a different model of society where community and ethical values were in use these people would be less likely to suffer so much but the wealth does not tend to clump at the top in that model so the rich people have to be content with a fairer share.

But as I said, thats not the model we have chosen so we have to deal with the unsightly problem of people with nothing that can get left out on lots of levels, so the question is what do we do with them, how do we address this failing part of the system with integrity, decency and intelligence ?

None of us want to see dead bodies piling up in the street, so what do we do with people who don't want to conform to a particular model, I think we must make room for them out of pure decency.

Stigmatizing them and labeling them low life's and choosing to avert our gaze hoping the government will sweep it away is what we seem be be doing and I'm suggesting we could do better, trying to force everyone to be a success in an system that only supports partial success is crazy, why not toss around a few radically different ideas and see if we can't tweak this model so that we extend to all our fellow beings some courtesy and respect, choosing not to judge them but to intelligently understand the model and realize that compassion and ethics are also a commodity to be valued.

if the capitalist model cannot make these allowances then fuck it, i for one don't support it, it's dumb, inhumane and I want no part of it, surely we can reach a compromise that melds 2 radically different models that define success in there own ways and find a way of sharing the planet and it's resources that we can be proud of.

just my 10 cents worth anyways.

I kind of agree but.... The capitalist model is the best model we have and that's not to say we can't develop a better model.

There're people out there that probably don't deserve to be rich but there are also people out there that deserve to be poor as awful as that sounds.

i want to know what you do with the people on government welfare that test positive.

1) extinguish government welfare. homeless
2) institutionalise. jail.
3) euthanise. pet food / devon

are there any other options?

i want to know what you do with the people on government welfare that test positive.

1) extinguish government welfare. homeless
2) institutionalise. jail.
3) euthanise. pet food / devon

are there any other options?

Send to Tasmania