• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Drug related death; Brisbane

it would just be good too quell speculation by both media and all forum communities. As we are both as bias as one another and need the truth to shut us up

If anyone see's anything about the coroners report post it up here..

I was too at this event. I was outside the main room when i saw promoters running past and then saw the medic area fenced off..this was somewhere around 10 i believe?

[EDIT: No heresay or speculation please. hoptis]. Its a terrible thing to happen and i feel sorry for his whole family and his friends. I dont think i saw anything happen in the gabber room (spent most of my night in there) other than the short skinny old(er) guy in the tight black jeans and black bowler hat looking pretty cool with his creepy dancing

Last edited by a moderator:
As mean as this may sound, i find this all quite ironic.

Quite possibly the only guy not on drugs in the place dies. whilst all the druggos rave the night away.

Doesn't that put a thorn in the "drugs kill" approach.

Gotta love the Qld media

From "City News", a local free publication from Quest News...

First we have this lovely headline on the front page: 'PARTY DRUGS SKYROCKET! Overdose prompts death, rape warning". 8)

CITY NEWS

APRIL 20: Amphetamine usage has skyrocketed as city youth increasingly turn to party drugs in favour of heroin, a Queensland Ambulance Service (QAS) spokesman says.

But the “feel-good factor” behind popular amphetamines ecstasy and fantasy was just as insidious, putting youth at risk of death and date rape, QAS critical support officer, city central area, David Wharton said.

Mr Wharton’s caution comes in the wake of the suspected party drug overdose death of a 25-year-old man at the Mayhem Easter Music Festival at the RNA Showgrounds last Sunday.

“We see a lot of party drugs overdoses – amphetamines are on the rise, more and more in the inner city,” Mr Wharton said.

“They (youth) are going away from heroin.

“It’s easier for people to pop pills over needles, so the kids are turning to party drugs ecstasy and fantasy.”

The drugs’ prevalence has also caused an increase in date rape.

“Women should be very careful – we saw a 14-year-old girl last week who was a victim of date rape after a drink spiking incident.

“We have picked up an increasing number of young women who’ve fallen prey to it.”
And Mr Wharton’s advice to young women?

“Never, ever leave a drink unattended, never let a guy buy you a drink and or if he goes to the bar, always go with him.”

Drug Arm executive director Dennis Young said young people were far greater risk takers who didn’t necessarily consider the consequences of drug taking.

“When you’re young you feel indestructible and invincible,” he said.

He said the main short term effect of amphetamine use was dehydration but long-term it damaged organs and other functions of the body such as the liver and kidneys.

“It’s like a car – if you’re engine overheats it eventually stops,” he said. “An indoor venue such as a big tent or marquee where there is no fresh air magnifies the effects.”

Mr Young said suggestions to ban dance parties would only encourage rave-goers to move to nightclubs and other venues.

“It’s better to know when these parties are on,” he said.

He said amphetamines were easy to get in Brisbane and people “start popping pills with no idea of what’s in the tablets”.

http://www.questnews.com.au/article/2006/04/20/7909_city_news.html

^^

Retarded article. "Fantasy" is an ampehtamine is it ? Lol

of course it is... its liquid ecstacy after all
im really surprised that you wouldnt know that
/sarcasm

dirtyharrison said:
other than the short skinny old(er) guy in the tight black jeans and black bowler hat looking pretty cool with his creepy dancing

That's Brissie Bruce! He's at EVERY event and the beat every weekend. He told me he's 50. Hard Core face of meth.:X ;)

Suprise suprise we don't see any articles reporting the REAL cause of death however.

Anybody got the final story on this tragic death? A final report, cause of death?

Thanks.

The media has done as much damage as they can by repeating the speculation it was an ectasy related death, i doubt they would like to tarnish there journo merits by publishing any info from 'coroner report' if it isn't what they originally stated.

I cant seem to find find any info from report on the net, to recieve info on it, a written submission may be needed.

Well, I think the family wanted to keep it kinda quiet. Because of what the media did to them and the reputation of their friends and family I'm not surprised.

The last report was that it was a heart murmor caused by excessive alcohol drinking through-out the day and night leading up to the event, and a lot of activity. No drugs were involved. Kiwi only took drugs on a few occaisons.

Splatt - I do understand the family's need for sensitivity, however I do think the wider community and especially those who are quick to blame ecstacy use for almost every party death needs to hear the whole truth.

Guys to put all the rumours to rest, I am only going to say this once and hopefully everyone can finally accept it.

The unfortunate death of our mate was the result of excessive drinking and dancing once getting to the event. He had a pre-existing heart condition and the stress that was placed on his body caused a heart murmour. He was always known as a keen party goer who knew how to party hard.

He had not taken any drugs (alcohol aside) and none of his friends witheld information. Everything possible was done to assist the paramedics.

This has been confirmed from the coroners report as well as from friends who knew of the pre existing medical condition.

I hope this answers your questions and maybe we can put this to rest.

*Respect to you bud*

Lets respect the request of his friends and let this thread slide off the page...
Thank you so much for the information.

Rest in Peace.