• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Drug information text service launched

At the moment this service is completely pointless, in some ways I think it's an interesting idea that has some potential, but I have my doubts on how far this could ever go.

I've worked with premium text message companies for many years now, and early on a coworker and I discussed and looked into a pillreports by text service - where people could send in the stats on their pill, we'd look it up on pillreports, then send the info back to them. Legally though, it just wasn't possible. It brings up all sorts of things like culpability, if someone asked for info about a pill which had received only positive reviews, had tested as mdma - and we sent them that - but then they took it and had a bad reaction - legally that puts you in a very difficult position. Even a disclaimer that the info should be taken as general advice only won't cover you. I think that's why this service is so general - it'd just be far too hard and legally messy to provide any specificities, or any advice that could be construed as easing fears about drug use, and therefore constituting encouragement to use.

Because of that, while I think that in theory the idea has some merit, it's never going to promote harm reduction in practice, or be more than a showy ploy for the government to hide behind while pretending they're doing something about drug use.

My friend in Oz told me about this and my reaction is the same as others. The texts are very basic and a lot of it is not informative. It doesn't even give dosing information or warnings about combos.

I guess it's something though.

will this save any lives...probably not - is this paying bills...probably. proudly serving our number one...the economy.

A drug testing tent would seriously save lives. This is stupid, most 'Ecstasy' pills are not gonna have those effects at all. Most kids with phones also have access to google so hopefully they use that instead.

QFT!!!

If the artists who play festivals/shows would support this would make stupid politicians re-think themselves into changing he current situation into something like The Future has said and make it safer than it currently is i believe.

Initially I thought it wasn't such a bad thing. Now though, what's the difference between a txt msg shrtnd to 125 chrs or whtvr t s when people now have smartphone that could use a search engine and garner a lot more information, even if it was just from Wikipedia. I am not saying that's flawless, but who is this generic, very very basic information going to help? If someone really is completely ignorant of a drug and then uses this service to learn more... what have they really learned? Nothing. As said above, nothing about contraindications, dosages, what it should look/smell/taste/feel like. I don't think it helps anyone, and could potentially harm some, even though I initially thought "what's the harm, at least they're not saying "often made in toilets and commonly cut with petrol and glass - do not use because we know what's best for you. AU GVNR<T".

I am currently on drug court and I just tested positive for amphetamine, but being that I am not a fan of the upper myself nor have I been exposed to it at all I am confused the only drug i am currently taking is Zantac 150 can anyone help me out should I be worried

You asked this question in another thread. Please don't ask the same question over and over again, especially if your question was already answered ^

Because of that, while I think that in theory the idea has some merit, it's never going to promote harm reduction in practice, or be more than a showy ploy for the government to hide behind while pretending they're doing something about drug use.
Qft.
Yup, nicely said footsy.
Democratic bureaucracy at its finest/most shamefully mediocre