• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Dropping Pills - Lost Identity

While it cant be denied that pills have become more "mainstream", it certainly has not been without reason. Not only have clubs, often rampant with pills, been advertising more frequently, but radio stations have also been advertising and giving away tickets to big events such as gods kitchen and even earthcore.\

When events such as these are brought into a more commercial view, of course the younger generation are going to jump on the bandwagon, and respectively be exposed to the drug culture on a larger scale.

As for becoming jaded, i know it can happen, as it has happened to me over recent months. Although i question what i'm doing on occasion, there are a few things that keep me in the mindset that it is still worthwhile, with the reasons being that:

a: for me going out and eating a couple of pills is more cost effective than drinking, where i can spend approx $70 on a couple of decent bix and have an insane time, as opposed to spending $150 at the bar, throwing up due to over consumption and feeling like shit the next day.

b: alcohol has a tendency to make me violent, wheras pills have a completely opposite effect.

c: i would much rather be surrounded by people that are in a similar mindset to me, loving the music, loving the people and enjoying the vibe, as opposed to the arrogant drunks that were previously mentioned.

i know my time will come where i give the pills away and move on... maybe it will happen next week, maybe next month, or it might not happen for a year or longer. I can safely say, however, that i will give them up when i no longer enjoy the music, enjoy the people and enjoy the vibe, or when the reasons listed above no longer seem relevant.

i will give up for me, not for anyone else... also remember, that we were all once newbies too. We werent always educated, and we were not always responsible. It comes in cycles... People have their first roll, they roll again and again. They get into it. They then question wether what they are doing is safe, and research. Education begins, as does harm reduction. New generation comes in, and it all repeats.

Dont look down on people because of what they do... instead of persecuting people, why not help speed along the process of education and harm reduction?

party safe

A

i will give up for me, not for anyone else... also remember, that we were all once newbies too. We werent always educated, and we were not always responsible. It comes in cycles... People have their first roll, they roll again and again. They get into it. They then question wether what they are doing is safe, and research. Education begins, as does harm reduction. New generation comes in, and it all repeats.

Dont look down on people because of what they do... instead of persecuting people, why not help speed along the process of education and harm reduction?

Excellently said! You echoed my sentiments exactly.

I guess I am lucky enough to be at a middle ground right now, I love the drugs and the parties and I also love drinking and chilling.. To me it doesnt really matter, as long as I am with my friends I'm happy. I dont agree with the whole "you've gotta be in it for the music" thing. Ofcourse if I hated the music I wouldnt be there.. its why I dont go to tek parties even tho I have friends who reckon its gonna be the best event in the world, I just dont like the music. I go out to spend time and have stacks of fun with my friends. But hey, I still love what I do.

stace.

S|LENCE said:

you know what...thats actually a really, really good point and its actually made that little light globe inside my head come on.

I think we definately have a generation gap here on Bluelight Aus Social. :)

Last edited:
Hmmmmm.
I'm only new to the 'scene' (about 9 months or something now) and I no matter how much I try and take an 'elitist' perspective I can't.
I really can't understand the arseholes who think they are superior than me because they have dropped 30 times as many pills as me or have been around for x many years longer than me.
What I mean is people get pissed off because there's all these "new ravers who aren't even ravers" and shit out there but from what i've experienced it's not who you are or what you do that matters it's just that you're out there and having a good time.
I spend most of my nights (when pilling) just walking around talking to people.
Does this make me not a raver or some kind of wannabe cockhed?
In my opinion no (but I guess it is MY opinion =D ).
And without other people out there like myself then the night for me, and others, would probably be a lot less fun.
(BTW, I don't wanna put the message across that I don't dance, I do, but I spend a shit load of time just babbling shit).
What i'm, trying to say is that I like the idea of new people coming into the scene because it's just another person to enjoy what you guys have in the past and to contribute the funnness (hahaha, kewl word =D ).
Anywaze,
Kewl boninjas.
Peace.

I never take pills out on the scene. I generally do it with friends and we do it at houses or go on walks while on it. I can safely say that I am most definitely NOT over it.

I want to do it in New Year's day while watching the first sunrise of 2004.

I agree that there are many people who look down on "newbie" rollers/ravers, whatever you wanna call them.
Ive been doing it all since i was 16ish, i am now 21.. ive lost count of the amount of pills ive had, the number of INSANE nights ive been out on, and the number of people ive met.
Although i am young in years, i have a lot of life experience, and i will gladly share that experience with anyone willing to partake in it, thus speeding along the processes which i mentioned above.

On the pther hand, however, there are the people who have just gotten into the "scene" and think they know it all becuase they've had bix for the past month or two. I can no longer list all the times when ive heard someone say "oh, this pill is too cokey" or "this pill has too much smack in it" and similar. Its quite sad really, as the misinformation of one person, could lead to a multitude of misinformed people, which could make a considerable mess.

As i said above, persecution isnt the answer to anyones problems. There is no knowledge that is not power, and when it comes to drugs, knowledge could save a life.

If you know something that these "newbies" dont know, tell them.. If they choose to ignore your experienced information, then maybe they deserve whatever comes to them.. or maybe, just maybe, what you say will save their life, or the life of one of their friends.

enjoy, and be safe.

A

S|LENCE said:

On the pther hand, however, there are the people who have just gotten into the "scene" and think they know it all becuase they've had bix for the past month or two. I can no longer list all the times when ive heard someone say "oh, this pill is too cokey" or "this pill has too much smack in it" and similar. Its quite sad really, as the misinformation of one person, could lead to a multitude of misinformed people, which could make a considerable mess.A

^^^^^^
"word to the mummy fucker"
hehehe
=D
Sorry,
I know what u mean.
But then again there are people I know who have been pilling for MUCH, MUCH longer than me who still complain about pills being too K or herion based when I know (through testing or whatever) that this isn't true.
I then cop shit for being a newbie and "not knowing what i'm talking about".
Eh schmeh.
Such is Life.
:)

I'm not over them yet. I truly wonder if I ever will.

I just seem to find new places to take them in, and have new experiences so it never becomes boring. I still take them when i go clubbing, though my clubbing has been reduced to about once a month now instead of twice a week. But I have a group of friends who love taking pills but don't go clubbing - so we'll go on picnics, or to the beach or just hang around at someone's house and take them.

then of course now that I've found myself a boyfriend, there's a whole world of fun that I'm currently in the middle of exploring ;) GHB's been rediscovered as well hehehehe

However I still love alcohol - quiet drinks with friends, a bottle of wine over dinner, friday night drinks after work (which often end up turning into drunken clubbing nights!).

For me, it's all about variety. But what works for me, doesn't work for other people. And that's ok too.

I find young people getting into pills the way they do now funny just because they're so entertaining - I guess I'm looking at it from quite a nostalgic point of view. How hypocritical of me to think they're doing it wrong or they should be older, or they should be more informed. I didn't find bluelight until 2 years after I'd taken my first pill so I was just the same as these kids are. Sure it's frustrating knowing what they could do to themselves, but I realised a long time ago we're never going to be able to educate everybody and myths about drugs will always go further and reach more people than the truth. I guess you could say I gave up on what seemed like a losing battle.

That said, I'm incredibly grateful that there is a site like this still in existance where people can ask questions and learn more about what they're doing. But I'm happy to pass the continued battle onto the next generation. Because if more people take them, sure there will be more stupid people not knowing what they are doing. But there will also be more smart people who care about their friends and want to learn about what they're putting into their bodies.

things go in cycles. I think it's important as you grow older to not forget how you were 2, 5 or even 10 years ago. If you really want to make a difference to the way the younger kids view drugs, taking a high and mighty 'I don't take drugs anymore' attitude won't gain you their trust and they'll just look at you as old and jaded. Accepting what they do and how they do it, saying how much you loved it but you do'nt take them anymore, and then cheerily making suggestions on how to do it safely, might make them listen and take notice of someone older who's been there done that.

all that said though, I still don't agree with 16 year olds taking them. But as I don't know any 16 year olds, nor go anywhere where they hang out, there's not a lot I can do about it. I just hope their friends look after them.

I've think ive come to the actual source of my frustration. Pilling, did at one stage provide, and suppose in the future it still will.... it provides part of my character and my lifestly. It not something that i advocate, but like many people have said, I have had some of the best experiences on them.

But the other night, i was up at the Castle Hill Tavern, haveing dinner on a thursday night. And after leaving because all the tennie boppers started to arrive, i saw a couple of cops with dogs coming around.

And that does make me frustrated. Because of the explosion, and the misinformation and the ''misuse'' of drugs its now more than ever a very dangerous practise.

Sounds like you're over hard house or something ;)
Yes it seems everybody is munching down pills like pac-man, it's a widely accepted fact of the horrifying times we live in.
I just got bored with pills and never really experienced any kind of honeymoon period, i'd just have one every couple of months, now i'd say i'd have one every six months. What i wouldnt say is i'm never gonna touch them again because there's certain situations where pills are perfectly suited to- it's just that these occasions are a rarity rather than the norm. Acid however is a completely different story altogether can't wait for LOTR- return of the microdot!

Well, its been a fair while since I last ate MDMA, like mid august, before that, it was february, so my use has cut down from once a month or whatever it was when I initially started. I still take other drugs, like opiates and psychadelics, with more frequency, but I just don't like the way amphetamines scramble my brain and my emotions. I don't view myself as having quit, and I still listen to trance, but I just don't feel the desire to take MDMA very often at all these days. I'm not going out partying/raving as often either, because to be frank I prefer to have a decent nights sleep and not spend my weekends recovering from one night of excess. Maybe I'm just getting to be a boring old fart.

As for replacing the illicit drugs with everyone's favourite conventional drug of choice, alcohol. Fat fucking chance. Alcohol doesn't do nice things for me if I'm not in a sterling mood (and I'm not often), so I don't drink often, and drink to excess very very very rarely, if at all these days.

Fuck it. I'm not going to classify myself as being over anything, or jaded, or whatever, fuck the labels. As long as you're doing what you want to be doing, then worry not, whether it be drinking, raving, tripping or sober. Who gives a fuck.

*edit* And word the fuck up to Tabernacle, acid plus LOTR is the goods. Bring on ROTK and the dots. :D

-plaz out-

Last edited:
I started on pills just before I was 17. I have never taken them regularly enough to become tolerant of mdma or jaded to the "Scene" I found at that age 17 still in high school I was looked at as some kind of weirdo for taken pills and being a raver. But now on the occasion that I go to a big event I will see loads of peeps that have all of a sudden become a "bloody gurner" as I used to be referd to as. A few of my friends that started taking pills a long while after me have already overdone it and are jaded DnB fans after less than 2 years.

All I can say is atleast I started out going to raves and being a dance music fan long before I ever took a pill. people who go to events cause "its a good place to get fucked up" should be burried in a large hole. Luckily i find that the more expensive the event the less of these people there are.

I dont see any point in ranting any futher about all the wrong sorts of people who take pills and pollute the scene. At least if more people are buying pills in your area then it creates are bigger market for dealers and with any luck will see more pills made available hehe. (although to this date all I have seen happen as a result of increased demand is increased price :X