• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Drinking poppy pod tea before a fasting blood test in the morning

Sk1500

Bluelighter
If anything goes really wrong I'm claiming the microphone because I'm sure you'll have to type but I've got a fasting blood test at 8:25 in the morning and I'm not supposed to eat anything or drink anything but water 14 hours before the blood test but I made a proper 40 so I have an answer yet doing it so guessing that should be ok? As long as I have any sugar lemon juice in it.

Hunger all made sense because I can't read it back I will drink it but I think it should be alright if I don't have anything in it and just neck it cheers people if you know and can help in thank you and if you don't no and try to read it when you are an absolute soldier hope you had a good weekend Roger Oliver cheers

Shouldn't make a difference so long as you don't put sugar and lemon in it.

I've had poppy pod tea many, many times but i don't believe I ever flavored it 🤔. I came to enjoy the flavor eventually. Perhaps not enjoy it, but I associated the bitterness with the resulting effect.

Cheers mate,

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Jesus I've just read what I wrote there 🤨, I'm lucky that managed to write the title properly 🤣🤣, I'm guessing that is how you managed to answer that question?

I don't think it'll make any difference. They'll mainly be looking at Testosterone, thyroid, HBA1C (diabetes), cholesterol and a prostate blood test. So I doubt it'll change anything. I'd already had it by the time I gave up typing 👍😅😅

Thanks my friend

Shouldn't make a difference so long as you don't put sugar and lemon in it.

I've had poppy pod tea many, many times but i don't believe I ever flavored it 🤔. I came to enjoy the flavor eventually. Perhaps not enjoy it, but I associated the bitterness with the resulting effect.
Oh god. The taste is what I largely remember and I associate it with vomiting. Too much thebaine etc or maybe overly-large doses

If anything goes really wrong I'm claiming the microphone because I'm sure you'll have to type but I've got a fasting blood test at 8:25 in the morning and I'm not supposed to eat anything or drink anything but water 14 hours before the blood test but I made a proper 40 so I have an answer yet doing it so guessing that should be ok? As long as I have any sugar lemon juice in it.

Hunger all made sense because I can't read it back I will drink it but I think it should be alright if I don't have anything in it and just neck it cheers people if you know and can help in thank you and if you don't no and try to read it when you are an absolute soldier hope you had a good weekend Roger Oliver cheers
... Tell me that you're on opium without telling me you're on opium.

Hunger all made sense because I can't read it back
... I'm sure it all made sweet perfect sense in your scrambled-up little brain at the time. XD

hope you had a good one and it didn't screw up your test. We demand updates here ya know ;)

Oh god. The taste is what I largely remember and I associate it with vomiting. Too much thebaine etc or maybe overly-large doses

The bad ones were moreso poppy seed tea...I've had enough funky batches of it to throw me off of eating anything with large amounts of poppy seeds.

Not too long ago I was at a specialty bakery and they had some poppy seed pastry so I thought I'd try it.

Little did I know that inside they were completely filled with poppy seeds, like this:

I tried to eat them but I've been sickened a few too many times by poppy seed tea to be able to get through them (I was actually high on my own homegrown opium at the time, which often leads me to start buying weird food for some reason 🤣).

Out of curiosity I scraped the filling out of one of them and weighed it, and seeds weighed almost 100 grams. If they were made with unwashed seeds, you could probably get high if you ate enough of those pastries (assuming you could keep them down). I also put some of the filling in some soil and lo and behold, it started to grow.

I'm not 🤣, gotta really high tolerance to pods, I've only missed 🤣 less than 10 days in 16 months. In that time I've had 64kg off pods, so rough average is (once seeds removed, which around 50% pods), I can't be arsed working it out....😅😅

Really knocked me out, was prepping pods. I woke up for toliet at 5am, I was kneeling on the carpet leaning over the bed. With no joke my forehead and forearm, pressed
into a plastic underbed container (done identical before as well 😅😅..... usually only my arm.

Was taking me over an hour to type 1 line, so went to microphone, with really strange results 🤨🤷‍♂️....

Haven't had poppy seed tea, I usually throw them tbh

... I'm sure it all made sweet perfect sense in your scrambled-up little brain at the time. XD

hope you had a good one and it didn't screw up your test. We demand updates here ya know ;)
I didn't read it back, still haven't but can remember glancing at it.

With the blood test, gotta be on time as levels change throughout the day, my dad took me (7 miles), then realised I'd forgotten the blood test results!!!! We kept driving on. In the blood test, I explained (wrote my car off on Wednesday morning). She let me do all male tests that could be asked for, so it went from 6 vials up to 10 😅

I don’t know why people think there is high thebaine in pods, unless your getting one of those pods the pharma company manipulated to have high thebaine, which is unlikely, your just getting good old morphine pods with some thebaine

I've been sickened a few too many times by poppy seed tea
same, dude. Poppy pods themselves weren't too terrible, but washing seeds and drinking the resultant mixture (with lemon and honey, as I recall; lemon to bring out the alkaloids and honey so that you could actually drink it without vomiting) has put me off poppy seeds in any setting for life

I don’t know why people think there is high thebaine in pods, unless your getting one of those pods the pharma company manipulated to have high thebaine, which is unlikely, your just getting good old morphine pods with some thebaine
it definitely has ALL of the alkaloids, and some of the poppies, like the ones grown in Tasmania, are deliberately grown with high concentrations of thebaine so it can be used to make pharmaceuticals

Also, although many people metabolize this differently, I'm not the only one who is sensitive to poppy seed tea and gets nauseous from it. That's been discussed here

Not too long ago I was at a specialty bakery and they had some poppy seed pastry so I thought I'd try it.

Little did I know that inside they were completely filled with poppy seeds, like this:

... I'm guessing you're somewhere in the US, and just by looking at the wares of that 'specialty bakery' I can confidently tell you it's crap.

I'm German and I know these, they're sold as 'Mohnstrudel' in my country. And YES just as with 'Apfelstrudel' (the popular apple variety) the fruit/seed filling should make up about 90% of the baked goods with a thin pastry wrap around it.

THIS pastry however needs to be a specific yeast dough which will make some flaky layers without getting too 'light'. Think a cross between puff pastry and general tray bake. What's shown in your picture is woefully underdone , and is probably soggy. It's far too pale; it should be golden and more crisped-up and airy, and be finished with an egg glaze.

There is another popular version called 'Mohnschnitte' (poppy seed slice) which has a thin layer of cake pastry at the bottom, followed by a thick layer of poppy seed paste, and topped with butter crumble and extra sugar. The whole thing tastes reminiscent of marzipan and is delicious.

... I'm guessing you're somewhere in the US, and just by looking at the wares of that 'specialty bakery' I can confidently tell you it's crap.

I'm German and I know these, they're sold as 'Mohnstrudel' in my country. And YES just as with 'Apfelstrudel' (the popular apple variety) the fruit/seed filling should make up about 90% of the baked goods with a thin pastry wrap around it.

THIS pastry however needs to be a specific yeast dough which will make some flaky layers without getting too 'light'. Think a cross between puff pastry and general tray bake. What's shown in your picture is woefully underdone , and is probably soggy. It's far too pale; it should be golden and more crisped-up and airy, and be finished with an egg glaze.

There is another popular version called 'Mohnschnitte' (poppy seed slice) which has a thin layer of cake pastry at the bottom, followed by a thick layer of poppy seed paste, and topped with butter crumble and extra sugar. The whole thing tastes reminiscent of marzipan and is delicious.

Oh that's not a picture of the actual pastry I had, thats just a picture I found online that resembles what I had.

Problem is I can't imagine anything with that amount of poppy seeds being appealing to me anymore having gotten sick from poppy seed tea a few too many times. It justs reminds me too much of poppy seed tea sickness. Similar to how lavender smells revolting to me now after abusing Benzedrex inhalers too many times. I don't mind eating a little poppy seed in food items these days, but that particular pastry was almost entirely made of poppy seeds. If they were made with very good unwashed seeds, eating just one of those could in theory get someone high. There are samples of poppy seeds that analysis has shown concentrations of morphine residue in the neighborhood of 1mg of morphine per 1 gram of poppy seed, which could is strong enough to produce a high from just one of those pastries. Granted seeds like that are rare, but unwashed seeds with say 200ug of morphine per 1 gram of seeds are fairly common, which could definitely produce a perceptible effect if 80g are consumed.