View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Drinking beer before eating mushrooms

6dantex6

Greenlighter
I had not so pleasant experience on low dose (around 0.5g) and i want to try 1g+.
My question is would drinking one beer before eating shrooms will help with anxiety/unpleasantness or make things worse ?

If you had a not so pleasant experience on 0.5g of mushrooms, 1g+ very likely WILL make things worse, and beer will not protect you from this. As an alternative I humbly suggest you start off with a VERY small dose of LSD (1/4 tab or less) instead, and do that same amount several times just to acclimate yourself to the psychedelic space. Dose only once, and advance no more than 1/4 tab in any subsequent session. Mind that smoking weed is a frequent cause of bad trips because it greatly intensifies the trip. There is always a risk.

Best wishes now and always.

Last edited:
I find that beer and mushrooms don't mix well in the stomach. I don't think there's anything dangerous about it, but it gave me nausea when I've mixed the two.

I took lsd several times before (no more than 1 tab) and had good times but it was 8 years ago. On shrooms i had a problem with the physical side( shaking, tightness..) on lsd just felt great and energetic(no shakes or weird tightness feeling)

There's probably not much you can do to get rid of that. In my experience it's just an inherent trait of mushrooms. It can happen on acid too, but I find moreso with tryptamines. Some people's physiology doesn't mesh well with tryptamines (mine doesn't). I prefer LSD any day. You don't have to like mushrooms just cause you liked acid.

It seems preferable to take like a standard portion of vodka (mixed is fine) rather than beer or wine. Vodka is almost all water and alcohol and will cause much less of a brewing stir in your stomach than wine and beer can. Also vodka can be more 'clear' and less 'intoxicating' but there is still alcohol in there working as a sedative. Note that a standard portion of vodka is quite small, 8 times smaller than a glass of beer. If pure it may hit hard which is why diluting / mixing can help.

If you stick to one drink it's not too bad an idea for anxiety but I wouldn't go any higher.

Seems hard to predict whether mushrooms will always give you physical effects like that. I have on occasion gotten pretty weird and unpleasant effects from various psyhedelics. On LSD the first time I felt tense and had to burp every 10 seconds, but it's very light on my body normally. On 2C-E the body load was terribly heavy the first time but not at all the second time.

The above posts all have a point, there is no way to say for sure - people react differently, different to other people and differently each time. It will depend on where those physical effects come from.

I drank beers on my shrooms trips, not only it didn't rekt my stomach (although not many things can do that) but they also tasted amazing. Albeit it was actual beer not a urine like Budweiser or Heineken

I always have 2-3 beers before acid or mushies, helps me forget that I dropped and I slide right into the trip

I always have 2-3 beers before acid or mushies, helps me forget that I dropped and I slide right into the trip
I prefer the anticipation and feeling the effects build up minute by minute until I'm there. Especially when I drink the shroom tea and I start to feel it kicking in before the mug is empty.
7drHiqr.gif

I prefer the anticipation and feeling the effects build up minute by minute until I'm there. Especially when I drink the shroom tea and I start to feel it kicking in before the mug is empty.
7drHiqr.gif
I've never had tea :'( unfortunately it was always eating them straight for me

I haven't ask my husband about it. But , I have read some that some drink beer before mushrooms and its not a big deal but my husband don't eat mushrooms at all when he drink beer.

drugs that make me anxious usually go well w a beer. i'd even have some alcohol if i was uncomfortable on LSD.

mushrooms on the other hand has a stomach component and beer being all fulling and such would make that more uncomfortable as others have said.

i have drank a beer on about 2 grams before and it knocked me out entirely around +4hrs.

a lighter alcoholic beverage should be a better bet for anxiety. maybe some valerian root?

Yeah beer + LSD = %)

Beer + mushies = 8(

Just my experience.

As others have suggested, perhaps a light liquor might do the trick.

Yeah, alcohol mixes pretty well with LSD, and some psychedelic phenethylamines/amphetamines, but I don't like alcohol to be a factor during the peak effects of tryptamines. I actually do enjoy some beers on the tail end though, that can be really nice.