• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Drager 5000 saliva testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

l0udog

Greenlighter
I searched for a similar thread but couldn't find any so I apologize if this has already been discussed.

Last year, the police in Denmark implemented a draconian "zero tolerance" for driving while under the influence. While I normally agree that people shouldn't drive while high, the testing limits for these new tests are extremely low. 0.001mg/kilo, which in practice means that you will get busted for smoking within the last 72 hours to a week (depending on how much you smoke). The penalty is that you lose your license for 3 years and have to pay a fine equaling to half a month's salary. (If you're caught drinking, you only lose your license for a year and the fine is much smaller..)

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Dräger 5000 drug testing machine? From what I've been able to find online is that the producers state that it will detect THC for up to 17 hours after use - but over the last year, it's been evident that it is much more sensitive than that. Tests take between 6-10 minutes to perform, so most likely you will have to be selected for testing - although "random" selections happen all the time.

Apparently the machine is somewhat sensitive to pH imbalances and swigging lemon juice is supposed to help throw off the test. Apart from that, I haven't been able to find -anything- about it.

I'm a weekend smoker but the idea of being busted while driving home from work on a Wednesday terrifies me! Does anyone have any ideas for how to beat this test? Has anyone tried it and passed?

Never heard about it, but am very surprised to hear about this being implemented in Denmark...one of the oddly nice things about the states is that, even though there are a lot of smokers in the younger generation, since so many 30+ adults just live boring sober lives, I can't see this being implemented in the U.S. anytime soon because it'd just be an invalid waste of time for the majority of people...of course, who knows...

They use the same machines in L.A. these days, although the test is completely voluntary over there unlike here. Copenhagen has an open weed market called Christiania, that the police have been trying to close down for years with no success. The police changed their strategy and are now primarily targeting buyers/users - hence the machines and new laws. It's great business for them too. One of these machines costs around 25,000DKK (like, 5000USD or something similar) so they actually only have to bust one or two people before they can start making a profit. Nearly 2000 people were busted in Copenhagen last year. It's been such a "success" that the machines have been supplied to police all over the country, making me pretty paranoid these days!

Even though this isnt about passing a drug test, still, no drug test questions on Bluelight.

Status
Not open for further replies.