• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Draft of the new Social Guidelines - feedback please

Just something i'd like to say, thats kinda relevent. Posting links to threads where someone has started a new one of the same topic. For example the BUMPMEK thread asking about photos today. Full respect to Vurt (
smile.gif
), but the reason i didn't post the actual link to the thread was because it means they wont learn about the Search button if we just give them the thread on a link. I think its best to show them the right way, by searching. I duno if that makes sense, but it did in my head.
smile.gif

DJC*
------------------
"We are the children of the revolution"

I hate to sound a note of dischord. But it's kind of come to my notice that some Bl'ers are treating new Bl'ers with total contempt because they ask typical newbie questions. One in particular who i'm sure most people will know about has been called a cop on a number of occasions and treated like shit. I think short of proof that someone is a member of our constabulary, you should treat them politely and be reasonably friendly. Rationale for this, if you're not saying that you're doing anything illegal, you don't have anything to fear from the constabulary.
So stop treating newbies like shit you people, this site is to HELP people. I know if people had treated me like shit when I first arrived with my newbie questions I would have been really discouraged. Just think how you were treated when you first arrived, and keep this place nice and welcoming.
End rant.
-plaz out-
------------------
[ C E N S O R E D ]

they sound good to me!
i just think the deal with posting off topic replies shouldn't be taken too seriously unless a thread is totally off topic.. ive been a little disheartened in other threads when ive said a few things i shouldn't have and thast ok, but ive also noticed that sometimes people have their posts changed or deleted because they talked of things slightly off topic... this IS the social forum, and by social it should mean exacty that. there are other forums that are dedicated to providing information for people in need such as drug discussion, ecstacy discussion etc etc.
yes i do think that these guidelines should be followed closely but by the same token i think mods should make sure this forum doesnt start to run like a nazi concentration camp!
smile.gif

The only time I think a post should be edited is when there's a blatent reference to personal drug use.
My 2c.

I think the guidelines are good.
I must admit that when i recently started coming to Bluelight, I was a bit intimidated by BLers coz it seemed like such a close community of people. I think that greenligters should be encouraged to read a lot of posts before they start posting to get an idea of what's allowed and what's not. Or maybe juz stricter moderating.
It's true that most people don't bother to read the guidelines because they are quite long. But otherwise I think you guys are doing a great job
smile.gif
*thumbs up*
LJ

yes it seems so....
good point loco jane - they are a bit long arent they.. we do tend to carry on a bit!
smile.gif

*likewise perplexed* dont worry, its on the top of the "things to ask skydancer about when he wakes up" list

*Laughs at the thought of Mikey and jb being perplexed*
and...
BUMP
:)