• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Draft of the GHB/1,4B FAQ.

also, maybe mention the possible increased risk of neurotoxicity when using GHB after MDMA, due to the release of dopamine. (MDMA depleting serotonin and then a large rush of dopamine when the GHB wears off.)
M

1,4b comes only in a liquid, or liquidous form so referring to the GHB dosage for 1,4b dosage is irrelevant and unmeaningful.
also where are you getting this information from that 1,4b causes liver damage or is of a higher toxicity than GHB?
all my research into that very topic has come up with unsubstantiated user reports which could very easily be linked to obtaining industrial grade 1,4b which contains chemicals (not 1,4b) that will put a heavy stress on the body.
the most convincing argument of "chemical similarity to an antifreeze agent" is not that convincing in my opinion. it is quite well known that two SIMILAR chemical structures can have radically different effects and dangers.

which could very easily be linked to obtaining industrial grade 1,4b which contains chemicals (not 1,4b) that will put a heavy stress on the body.
but how do you know if you are getting industrial grade or pharmacutical (sp?) grade??? and why would pharmacutical grade exist? it is illegal to consume in 90% of the world.
M

most 1,4b people buy to consume is industrial grade as its fairly easy to get, ie comes in cd cleaner bottles etc
im not sure why pharmacutical (sp?) grade 1,4b exists but it does. it can come in AR (analytical reagent) grade (99% pure) and one a tiny bit less around 97% pure. im not quite sure of the exact terms to classify their purity but i can find out if you wish.
its not that hard to obtain you just have to have some chemical background knowledge and know the right place to look.
also 'illegal to consume' is different from being illegal to possess.

first of all, nice effort to everyone, esp. apollo
i guess the main thing that i would like to see added to this apollo, would sit somewhere near the beginning of the faq..... in my experience, ghb and 1-4 are drugs that vary greatly not only from person to person but also from experience to experience. just because you got horny from it last week, doesn't mean you will this week/time. there are so many factors that come into play, or that is to say, the drug's interaction with set and setting are quite high.
other points:
- like i mentioned above, ghb may be recognised as an aphrodisiac but this does not mean that it makes everyone horny, nor does it guarantee that every time you take ghb you will become aroused. also, ghb can make it very difficult for both males and females to climax.
- taking ghb or 1-4 after consuming food WILL affect how the drug affects you. logically, the larger the meal the greater the effect. this is an especially important point to consider when redosing - i know people who havn't felt their first dose because they have taken it close to finishing dinner so they have increased the amount for their second dose and found it to be too much. also, there is debate whether having ghb or 1-4 on an empty stomach is a good idea (some friends have reported feeling ill from this) - my personal preference is not to have too much food in my stomach but at least a little something, such as a milk drink to put a lining on my stomach.
- another factor that i find impacts on the affects of ghb and 1-4 is the person's tiredness. if i am quite tired the ghb or 1-4 appears to have a stronger effect.
- maybe add something about the "truth syrum" affect some people get. for me it's not so much a "truth syrum" as a "babble shit" syrum - meth heads ain't got nothing on a good "g babble" ;)
---------------
so yeah, that's just a few points off of the top of my head.....
bk :)
[ 06 July 2002: Message edited by: blue kitten ]

Some good points there Kitten. Have to disagree with the not always makin you horny thing ;)
Anfy + G = Hunkahunka burnin lurve ;P

i wish someone had seen this before what happened at Altitude on friday night
(this is leecie...cbf'd logging out)

I'm not sure if you had this in there and I missed it, but perhaps something about how stimulants like amphetamines appear to increase your tolerance to G. If you later use the same amount of G without amphetamines you can overdose (there's stuff on this at erowid).

im not sure why pharmacutical (sp?) grade 1,4b exists but it does. it can come in AR (analytical reagent) grade (99% pure) and one a tiny bit less around 97% pure. im not quite sure of the exact terms to classify their purity but i can find out if you wish.
The term is PPM (parts per million) and my understanding is that industrial or otherwise the minimum purity is like 99.95(%?)PPM anything less than that and theres other nasties that probably reside in your 1,4-b mixture.
The PPM factor was taken off a number of chemical suppliers websites in various countries and they supply the chemical in industrial type situations (I don't believe there is pharmecutical specific supply -- even if there was a pharmecutical use for it I believe that industrial grade is pure enough).
I'm guessing a lesser purity is only developed by 'backyard laboratory' types (this doesnt refer to actual synthesis in somebodys back yard). However considering that 1,4-b is easily obtained (well easIER) I doubt there is much of this tinkering around by local chemists.

I think that something many people are disregarding here, is the fact that an FAQ cannot answer all your personal issues with the drug in question.
Everyone should keep in mind that all drugs affect everyone differently, so the FAQ can ONLY cover the ways in which it affects people in common.
-plaz out-

That's why it's called a FAQ file... for Frequently Asked Questions. While we usually use the term FAQ for a massive repository of information that tries to be complete, in general as long as it answers most people's common questions then it can be considered a good FAQ.
BigTrancer :)

Maybe someone else should write up an SAQ (seldomly asked questions)... Here's a start:
  • What is the molecular density of GHB?
  • What are the best methods of hurrying someone up when they are "holding the g cup"?
  • When colouring my GHB with food dye, what ratio of G to dye should I use?
  • If billy has 6 doses of G left, and he gives 2 away, how many does billy have left, and is billy technically a "dealer"?
[ 08 July 2002: Message edited by: Pleonastic ]

Updated.
I've been short of time recently, thus the lack of action...
I'm writing up the GBL part now :)

I would just like to say that it is about time that we had a good GHB faq.
And I would just like to remind everyone to respect this drug. Used irresponsibly, it is one of the most dangerous ladies we meddle with. Respect it

baby_doc... are you sure it INCREASES tollerance? ive found that meth usage means LESS G is needed. might just be me???
M

Maxi: I'm just regurgitating wht the good people at erowid say on the topic :) See here, story #5. What I neglected to point out is that they are referring to ongoing tolerance from repeated administration. *smacks head*

^^^^^
just to expand on what maxi was saying - from what i've seen people who use amphetamines on a fairly regular basis (especially those who use intraveinously) appear to have increased tolerance to ghb and 1-4....
bk
[ 14 July 2002: Message edited by: blue kitten ]