• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DPT HCl -> DPT freebase. also a question on DPT Freebase volatility.

pharmakos

Bluelighter
i think i have the procedure down, haven't tried it yet...

will this work?

1. dissolve 1g DPT HCl into 100ml of 99% IPA
2. add an equimolar amount of NaOH. in this case roughly 165mg
3. stir/shake a bunch, and wait
4. perhaps wait to see if the resultant NaCl crashes out of the solution and scrape it off the bottom
5. put the rest of the solution onto a glass plate and let the IPA evaporate off in front of a fan

DPT Freebase is apparently an oil. how volatile is it? if i left it out in an open room would it evaporate? how should i store this? has anyone infused DPT onto an herbal base? i was thinking 1G DPT:1G Mullein would be a good ratio.

This would work assuming that your source is 100% DPT-HCl. Otherwise you will have excess base and maybe some other unknown impurities in there. The freebase is indeed an oil, so for storage an amber vial in a dark, freezer would be best. Even then you have to remember that it is a tryptamine and in it's freebase form it won't avoid degradation indefinitely.

Never done any infusions, so I can't really help you there.

DPT is not appreciably volatile, I don't think.

This belongs in PD i think. Simple conversions from salts to freebase are not "advanced".

yeah i was unsure myself. i knew for sure that i didn't want anyone telling me a ghetto way to do it that they learned from their coke/crack dealer or anything lol. someone go ahead and move it if they want though. or if anyone wants to post a reply that gets this topic to be more advanced then go ahead ;)

p.s. just the inclusion of the word "equimolar" probably would've confused a considerable amount of people in any forum here other than ADD i think

Important note: NaOH is hygroscopic (draws water out of the air) as fuck so you should overshoot the weight.

The way I would make pure DPT freebase is -
1. DPT and water in a test tube / similar tall thin glass
2. equimolar NaOH + 10-15% excess just to ensure it's nice and basic
3. partition the stuff into Bestine (heptane, hexanes, toluene)
4. Seperate the top organic layer with a pipette/syringe and evaporate (onto herbs or on a ceramic/glass dish)

You could also use a sep. funnel if you had one.

That said, I have had good luck performing a "crack" style freebasing that is faster and uses more common substances, for preparation of a changa-style smoking mixture -
1. DPT in a minimal volume of water or alcohol
2. add e.g. sodium bicarbonate (check the math, again equimolar +10-15% is good)
3. place onto herbs & dry

As long as it is properly dried, the extra NaCl and NaHCO3 around won't do much. They're basically ash.

I haven't tried, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the HCl salt might be smokable.

Last edited:
I haven't tried, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the HCl salt might be smokable.

i was thinking that too, particularly when added to an herbal base to make it burn better/more evenly. JWH HCl burns way better on herb than it does in its pure form, i was thinking the same might hold true for DPT. this would be especially nice for stability purposes.

Which JWH are you talking about? A lot of them don't have "protonatable" nitrogens - at least the ones lacking a piperidine/morpholine function.

whats the deal with protonable nitrogens? not sure exactly what you mean there

i have experience with just -122 and -210

The indole nitrogen on the center ring of JWH is aromatic and cannot be "charged" to form a quaternary salt. Normally, nitrogen will "bond" with acids forming a charged ammonium salt, but in aromatic compounds the electron on nitrogen is resonance-stabilised and won't participate in salt formation.

Neither -122 nor -210 have a protonatable nitrogen; they do not form salts. JWH-122 is basically the 4-methylnapthalene analog of JWH-210.

O2p2j.png

The ones that have no idea what they are doing (Hey guys! Dr. Nick's Chemical Shop! Buy Bath Salts!) do. I would even go so far as to say that they would likely ship whatever JWH they had in stock as whatever you ordered...

just checked, my guy doesn't put "HCl" on there. lots of vendors do though.

i was thinking that too, particularly when added to an herbal base to make it burn better/more evenly. JWH HCl burns way better on herb than it does in its pure form, i was thinking the same might hold true for DPT. this would be especially nice for stability purposes.

i want to clarify what i meant here. basically, i'm saying that 100mg of mullein with 10mg of AM-2201 in it will get you higher than 10mg of powder AM-2201. i guess its only my hypothesis, but i feel like more JWH is destroyed by direct flame than is destroyed when flame is applied to an herb that the chemical is saturated in.

Unless you are vapourising these compounds, making "blends" may indeed be more effective becase of 1. smoke inhalation and 2. the herb provides fuel to burn rather than torching the pure chemical to provide vapourisation energy.

Does it make it nicer for your lungs? Probably not. But there have been 0 long therm studies on "Spice"/blends, so proceed at your own risk.

^^ my friend looked up the carcinogen content of tobacco, weed, and mullein. he said tobacco has like 2000 different carcinogens, weed has like 400 different carcinogens, and mullein has 1. i use mullein in my smoke blends. mullein is also a traditional medicine for upper respiratory problems. IDK how good the synthetic cannabinoids are for me, but i'm fairly certain that mullein itself is quite a bit healthier than the alternatives.

no way to know for sure though of course.

also i probably should've done the research myself before i posted that here. i trust his word though.

it is smokable. I´ve tried vaporizing it in a Vapo2 with a torch lighter. And it did work.

and actually I do think it could work even better to infuse the HCL on some plant material.

once i get my DPT i'm going to try to do an infusion with the freebase and an infusion with the salt, and i'll compare the two and report back. :)

oh wow that was a long time ago, haha :) i did give freebasing a shot, but i did it wrong. it was long enough ago now that i don't remember what exactly i did wrong, though.

i never did make an herbal infusion.