• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Human Interest DPMC VIDEOS Thread

Yes, and an article published in the New Scientist magazine pretty much says that ecstasy isn't so bad either!

Stupid governments

Very interesting...
but should we really call those people drug experts?
They look like they haven't tried more than 3 or 4 of the top 20 that they mention.
I bet that some of the people hanging around here have more expertise than those scientists...;)

I always thought marijuana's purpose against cancer was just to dissipate some of the chemo-therapy effects.

I don't think this qualifies at "drugs in the media", meaning that it's a legitimate source.
I thoroughly believe in the health benefits of marijuana but this is a little far out.
It's a conspiracy, man!

Californian marijuana law 'safe'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7957533.stm

Medicinal marijuana suppliers in California will no longer be targeted by federal agents, according to the new US administration.

The different state and federal laws had meant that suppliers operating legally within Californian state law could be prosecuted by federal agencies.

Anthony Weller reports.

DMT: The Spirit Molecule - Upcoming Documentary

Rick Strassman was permitted to embark on the first human research with psychedelic, hallucinogenic, or entheogenic substances in the 1990s in the United States after 20 years' intermission in the field. In the intermission period it has only been legally possible to research on animals.

Strassman's studies investigated the effects of N,N-dimethyltryptamine (DMT), a powerful entheogen, or psychedelic, that he theorizes is a substance produced by the human brain in the pineal gland (without any conclusive proof), and an active ingredient in ayahuasca. Ayahuasca is any of the various psychoactive infusions or decoctions prepared from the Banisteriopsis spp. vine, native to the Amazon Rainforest (which is also called ayahuasca). The resulting drinks are pharmacologically complex and used for shamanic, folk-medicinal, and religious purposes. Occidental ethno-biologists have noted a variety of 200-300 plants used in the different brews made by the Ayahuasceras. It is an open question whether Ayahuasca should be noted as one particular shamanic medicinal brew, or that it should be noted as an entire medicinal tradition alongside, for instance, Ayurveda or Tibetan Medicine.

During the project's five years, he administered approximately 400 doses of DMT to 60 human volunteers. This research took place at the University of New Mexico's School of Medicine in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he was tenured Associate Professor of Psychiatry. Strassman has conjectured that when a person is approaching death, the pineal gland releases DMT, accounting for much of the imagery reported by survivors of near-death experiences.

Strassan wrote about the research program in his book DMT: The Sprit Molecule. A documentary movie based on this book is currently in production.

You can't link to that. -phrozen

anyone have seen this or read any of his work?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I've read it. Didn't know there was a movie coming out- though that's wonderful. I hope it's includes as many interviews with his subjects and in footage of the participants as they're having the drug administered to them. That would probably make for really good footage :)

I'm not a huge fan of the guy, even if he was one of the first to study psychedelics in humans since LSD and DMT were scheduled. He makes too much conjecture without enough research. I hate how his ideas about DMT release during death and DMT is made in the pineal gland. At least the latter has a factual basis, but AFACT, there's no research showing this to be true. It obviously has a lot of melatonin, but I don't know if there are enough of the enzymes needed to add the two methyl group (maybe some sort of n-methyl transferase or n-methylase).

The death idea is 100 billion % conjecture- for some reason the government isn't particularly fond of studies in which the patient dies :) It doesn't make much sense, either; the halucinations described by people who have experienced near-death experiences don't report the sort of hallucinations caused by serotonergic hallucionations like DMT. DMT may cause some incredible visuals, but it's not like salvia where you may experience entire worlds in full, perfect 3D.

Last edited:
^I agree with that. Way too much conjecture that unfortunately is practically accepted as fact in some circles.

One of my primary concerns with the release of a movie like this is increased awareness of the drug by the people who have the power to limit our resources as end-users even more. Godd... If they made the purchase of Mimosa Hostilis illegal.... I'd have to kill somebody :)

that dude knows nothing about drugs. he actually thinks he made 25% teens not start smoking marijuana hahah.

irresponsible use of legal highs

hey guys, i have been lurking on this site for some time now and finally decided to join. this is my first post on here so take it easy!!!
i was browsing youtube and came upon this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WruyjJwyf0M
it is a guy smoking salvia and then proceeding to drive in an attempt to show just how 'fun' it is.
it's irresponsible use like this that gets legal highs such as salvia, kratom, and DXM scheduled.
this post is more of a rant than anything.