• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dosing of oral hydromorphone

exlolita

Greenlighter
I want to experience an opioid high to fullest extent I can achieve orally. Most research I've come across is constant pressure to IV or atleast insufflate. I won't even get blood drawn at the doctor so there... ive cried everytime i have to get an iv, so its out of the question for me. I don't like to insuffulate anything it has always given me a headache, have tried with benzos.. i'm scared of fillers and the burn. I think I have enough to get one good high.. 13 4 mg pills, probably won't be able to get much more if any, and even though i got an amazing deal on them from a friend with chronic pain, they are too expensive for me to get elsewhere. He is also rarely prescribed hydromorphone and usually given vicodin or percs. anyway, i dont expect to ingest all 13 of them lol ill probably sell the rest, i just want to know from the experts how many pills id realistically have to take to get a good high. i generally dont have problems with addiction to opioids, i had like 80 percs when i got my breast implants 2 years ago, another 80 for my revision, and recently 40 vicodin for when i got them removed. i'm not finished with the vicodin yet... i don't get a craving to take them.. i've taken up 4-5 pills at a time. Same with Tramadol. Had 10 mg oxy pills from the same friend but I only took 1, maybe 1 and a half at the same time... I've never felt truly high from any of them, but was scared to take more for fear of overdosing, so like an idiot i'd just drink with them or smoke weed and then everything would feel weird.
I'm not happy about some of the dangerous drug combinations ive done when i was going through hard times, like 10 mg of oxy with vicodin, xanax, klonopin and then drank on top of it many many many times. the worst that has happened on that was not being able to fully remember what happened once i wake up, but i can remember like 50%. some reading made me realize how dangerous this can be now, and probably going to stick to xanax or klonopin+alcohol for those nights since that always gives a beautiful feeling. It is almost impossible for me to get drunk without benzos, I despise shots, usually just drink wine or fire bull, but ive tried taking shots and i just end up peeing out alcohol before i can get beyond buzzed.
Anyway,
i'd like to just take the dillys on their own. Or possibly with klonopin. I'm long term prescribed that for bad anxiety and usually take 1-3 mg but i have routinely skipped days and not felt the slightest urge to take it or withdrawal feeling. So I'm ok with not taking it as well. Whatever you think will be a better experience. also have vicodin if that could somehow enhance the opioid high without being dangerous.
ive only taken dillys twice, just one 4 mg pill, but drank with it and had xanax/klonopin and weed. So I can't attribute any fucked up feeling to the dilly alone. But I want to. I'd just like to experience some sort of euphoria one time :\

Can you elaborate more on your current tolerance? Its hard to guess from your post.

If you currently have no tolerance, 4-8mg is a good starting point. You have enough pills to waste a few one night figuring out the right dose. Start with 1 and titrate up to find a good dose.

Hydromorphone has a horrible oral bioavailability btw.

Can you elaborate more on your current tolerance? Its hard to guess from your post.

If you currently have no tolerance, 4-8mg is a good starting point. You have enough pills to waste a few one night figuring out the right dose. Start with 1 and titrate up to find a good dose.

Hydromorphone has a horrible oral bioavailability btw.

I know about the bioavailibility issue, I'm just not comfortable taking it any other way. I could possibly insufflate it if i have enough information on dosage and what else is in it but its only worth it if it will make a noticeable difference in the euphoric feeling. If I can take enough pills without od'ing and feel the same high as less pills insufflated, i'd rather do that. it's not about the value, it's about an experience i'd be comfortable with without freaking out like i have in the past when snorting anything. I don't have any current dilaudid tolerance really, I've only taken one 4 mg pill on two separate occasions mixed with other drugs and got to a point of nodding out but it wasnt particularly euphoric. My tolerance for other opiates is pretty low i guess, I mean, I've taken a shit ton of percocet and vicodin, probably starting with vicodin in 8th/9th grade when my mom would give it to me for terrible braces pain, and so i mustve consumed over 300 pills of the stuff(and tramadol also but i dont know if that would have any affect on the tolerance for hydromorphone) but i've only taken relatively low doses of it like 25 mg of vicodin max only on a couple of occasions and maybe 12 mg perc but that wasn't the norm. the norm was me taking one or two pills. That's just the highest ive gone. i hope that explains enough about my tolerance to help guess at a dosage..

also keep in mind im fairly thin at 5'7 120 lbs. any reccomendations on dosage would be appreciated. will snorting produce a different kind of high? or can that be achieved through a larger quantity of pills? also how long will it last insuflated? i prefer oral ingestion also because i feel it lasts longer and when i do stuff like this i kind of like it to take atleast half of a day, its relaxing to me between working and full time university, i need those days where i can just not feel lol, im not looking for a quick strong high, more of a noticeable yet mellow high that lasts for a few hours.
Would taking 8 mg at once be too much for me? or 12? Would it be better to space out 4 mg doses?

Honestly,taking it orally is such a waste. 4mg hydromorphone PO = 15-20mg hydrocodone PO. If you take it orally, you'll probably feel a short lived hydrocodone buzz. If you are opposed to snorting due to the burn and fillers, just take the pill, crush it up between 2 spoons, than mix it with .25-1ml water, than put the paste in a coffee filter and squeeze... than just snort the water. You'll get twice the potency out of it, plus a bit of the rush that hydromorphone is infamous for. And if you're not completely opposed to plugging... than be prepared for quite the rush of euphoria.

I wouldn't take any benzos with it as the morphine derivatives seem to be more noddy than the codeine ones. If you snort or plug, 4-6mg, if you eat em 8-12mg.

Every time I hear of someone wanting to eat such an amazing drug I just wanna bang my head on the keyboard. If you are extremely opposed to snorting a few drops of water or plugging them, than at least parachute it so you experience a tiny bit of a rush. If all you're gonna do is eat it, save your time, dollar for dollar, you'll get more outta selling em for oxy.

Plus, once you fuck Aphrodite, nothing will ever satisfy you again but that.

Also, if you have the 4mg pills that are little white round ones, snorting em ain't bad. It has hardly any burn whatsoever, and if snorting things gives you a headache, hydromorphone will make it all better, just like it does everything else.

The above text is the opioid loving devel talking, below you'll find the level headed ideaology:

Right now you're at the beginning stages of opioid addiction. You're a pain patient who sometimes abuses their prescriptions and sometimes gets a little extra on the side. I say, sell the pills, buy some heels, and don't go down the textbook spiral. There's a reason dilaudid is called hospital heroin.

I know a forum post isn't gonna change your mind, that's why I posted a guide on how to safely and efficiently get high. You seem new to Drug "abuse"... I hope it stays that way.

Be Careful.

My favorite opiate experience has been with hydromorphone. I had 2 mg tablets and I took two with a glass of strong coffee and waited around 20-45 minutes before snorting another 2 mg. It was a very different experience for me. I was nodding, for sure, but in these "nods," I had brief, fleeting CEVs, that I considered to be some sort of opium haze dream, similar, but far less intense, as described by those who have done true opium. These "CEVs" were twice of a person very near me, in an unnatural position that didnt really make sense, like someone sitting on the couch to my left, but being directly in front of me; and this person, I saw the same person twice, was very angular, with a long, straight nose, sharp chin and straight hair dangling at an angle over his bowed brow... interesting. The only other thing I saw was a tree looking object I can't really define.

I also vomited, at some point, and drank more coffee....

I had read hydromorphone was more bioavailable oral.... but I may have misread, or hadn't considered the source, or don't remember correctly; My experience was a while back.

Do not eat all thirteen you will not get "high." If you don't vomit them up you will pass into what you think will be regular sleep instead being the last timeto close your eyes if you turn blue and stop breathing and die due to respitory depression. With all your "research" the fact this isn'tobviousto you makes me think troll. Tge length of the post might say otherwise or prove it more.

Either way ill make this clear. 2 mg is the lowest dose with 8 mg being highest before sustained release being 32 mg maximum over 12 hours. You propose to use 4*13=56 mg. Serriously do not use it and give it to a friend who uses iv opiates already. If you do use them wait till the end of a day that you exert yourself to your fullest being work, excersize, w.e leaving you soar and exhausted. At that point when you're finally home take ONE pill. Wait an hour and if you feel more is needed add ONE more. Do not exceed 2 withouttolerance or someone with you with emergency ready or narcan on hand to deal with OD. Narcan doesn't save those using alone that overdose and die imedietly stopping them dosing narcan or slowly not setting off warning bells until it is too late.

Ps, Nasal usage of dillys are actually quite amazing compared to oral. Buy or go to your local needle exchange insulin 1 ml 28 1/2 guage syringes, crush the pill between two clean spoons, mix 70-100 units (0.7-1 ml) water, use the plunger part you push to mix the pill in water or some mixing tool like a paperclip as is or modified, get a ball berring size cotton piece from sterile cotton balls purchased or picked up from needle exchange, and voila you should have exactly or just under 1 ml with about 4 mg hydromorphone although I would shoot for 0.5 ml so each mg is close to ten units. Without a nasal atomizer spray tip to turn a luer lock syringe (removable tip) into a nasal sprayer availible online or with a nasal spray narcan setup getting more that ten units of water into the nasal cavity without a path running down the back allowing it ll to the stomach it is hard to get more than ten units of water in the nose with 25 units at most.

While you have a good amount to experiment with you will withdraw after even if minor, but I doubt minor. Plus hydromorphone is best injected into a vein. No feeling compares to the hydromorphone rush. Like morphine and heroin just no painful pins and needles. Instead invigorating pins that flod tge muscles with the most pleasurable prickles like electricity running through the veins entering every muscle on the way leaving you with bliss. Serriously turn back while you can as no matter how wonderful it feels the withdrawal that near kill you and make you wish they would makes it not worth it. IMO cannibis is better and 4-aco-dmt infrequent usage (1 every few months sometimes two months a row) leads to the most physically pleasurable experience if it is a good trip as it is filled with ones energy and good intentions. LSD is also physically wonderful if not a bad trip.... Even MDMA. Opiates just manage physical pain and for some an emotional band-aid with depression tied into the dependancy and physical well being that just keeps someone ignorant to the triggers making it hard near impossible to quit. Opiates manage more than pain, but also digestion, sleep, and who knows what else. It is not a part of the body to experiment with to experience it.

If you really want the true spiritual opiate experience use opium. If you cant obtain that get unwashed organic papaver somniforum (sp?) seeds and wash a half pound, but do not drink more than a fourth that afer stirring you use a measuring cup to measure. Wait three hours before drinking anothe dose. If it is a goid seed batch 1/4 lb would knock you on your ass way too heavy while even low quality you can risk overdose and death at 1/2 lb. Opiates are no joke and should not be experimented with by anyone who does not have a sitter on narcan on hand.

Think twice and be safe.... I'll actually read your post now editing as needed after.

Edit: Do not ingest your klonopin or alcohol with the opiate. That is asking for death. So many post to this board about losing ones they love because they ingested opiates and benzos sometimes alcohol in place of either or on top. Even alone they kill. Only use tge klonipin if you are so physically dependent that one day break leads to rebound anxiety and seizure risk. If needed use the smallest amount possible to keep you well and have someone with you making sure you are breathing normally during your sleep.

edit 2: Nasal has a faster onset yet shorter duration of effect. It can have a rush, buy nowhere near the orgasmic iv rush that you should not teach yourself how to poke yourself. Once you have that ability stoppings hard. If you have someone else you can trust to help you IV 2 mg once and never again I have to recommended it if you really want the opiate dragon and feel you can handle it, but I highly recomend stopping your use now completely before you end up chasing the dragon to relieve your physical pain not even w/d that come after. Nasal gives double bioavailability about so use 1/4-1/2 at a time. I honestly recommended eating one half then putting a fourth into each nostril a half hour after dosing.

If you don't heed my warning to avoid all together use the guide abive I gave you for oral use. Do it on a friday after a day of school plus plan to do some form of excersize to make sure you are exhausted, soar, and in pain. Get home fist and dose 2-4 mg every hour eithout exceeding 8 mg in a night.

I REPEAT DO NOT MIX WITH ALCOHOL OR BENZOS..... STOP MIXING ALCOHOL AND BENZOS AS WELL. IT IS A DANGEROUS AND VERY POSSIBLY FATAL DRUG.

I say this as I care

Last edited:
eating more of these will not increase euphoria. If you went to nodding that is it. Nobody here is going to suggest you IV them. Especially with such a low tolerance. I hate to even say snorting it will increase the euphoria for the sake of harm reduction, but it will. Honestly for such a low tolerance you might want to stay away from something like HM. But if you are dead set on trying it I would only snort like 1 mg lines at a time and build up from there. This is dangerous shit you are talking about and if you are nodding out on 4 mg of ORAL HM then you truely have a very low tolerance and this might not be the smartest move.

To be honest, with the reckless abandon with which you have been using, you may want to consider putting a stop to your usage. I do not think it will be long before you find your self hopelessly addicted. With your height and weight and other things you mentioned I am assuming your are likely an attractive female. You should go look at pictures of female opiate addicts online. It will destroy your face. Opiate addiction hits females a lot harder than it hits males physically speaking. You really dont want the sunken cheek pock marked face with the soul-less eyes of a dying addict. Have real fun at school while you can. Stop this madness and get help. Focus on your grades and making something with your life. You have no idea the black hole the addiction is. You can ask any member here who has been registered for a long time. I am 30 years old and fresh out of the military opiates ruined my life. And I was taking them for legit pain from almost breaking my back during an airborne operation.

It still got me so lost and gone and hopeless and depressed that I lost everything and everyone I cared about. I finally got the strength to quit and by then I had lost everything. But I got back into lifting weights, and I am back at the top of my game, I have never been more, fit mentally and physically. My emotional life has taken a 180 so much so that I made the decision on my own to get off of Valium. I know the honeymoon period with these drugs seem great. But you have no idea what it is going to be like when all you care about is getting your next hit. And God forbid you get into a relationship with a fellow junkie... you will watch your addiction go into fucking hyper mode overnight. The relationship will be so sick you will look back on yourself and cry having no idea how it could get so bad so fast.

You could completely ignore my advice like many people have. But every single one of them sometimes quite a bit later comes back and asks why didn't I listen. Don't be that person.

What mad Dash said. "This is dangerous shit" heed the warning start low and go slow. Or better thought just stop befor its to late.
Also not to take this off topic but Mad Dash you have accomplished alot i am tappering and getting clean ive went from over 200mg oxy down to 60mg in 2 weeks and will get clean very soon and your posts aswell as others have given me hope that it is possible to be clean, healthy, and live in less pain with healthy living. You my friend are a great person for helping me and many many others. I comend you sir

I appreciate everyone's help and concerns. To clarify:
-I definitely did not intend to take 13 pills at once. If you read the op, I said that I would keep only enough for me and my friend(5'6, 105 lbs) to experience a sort of euphoria, and sell the rest to an older friend(although I do not know anyone that IVs).
-When I nodded out on 4 mg orally, I had been drinking and taking clonopin and xanax. When I do the HM this time, I will be doing only the HM.

I snorted a little benzo last night to prep myself for how it might feel, because I have been convinced that snorting is the best method to achieve what I want to achieve with the least chance of harm. I am not comfortable plugging and definitely not comfortable IVing. I will divide them into the 1mg lines as suggested. My question is how long should I wait between each 1 mg line?

Also, I am 20 years old and graduating college this semester. I am not a reckless junkie for the most part. I have always been interested in drugs' effects on the brain, and it helps when writing literature. I have tried LSD 4 times, shrooms 6 times, DXM 3 times(and only the first time was worth it). Of these drugs, the only one I would repeat is shrooms. I suppose my mixing of benzos and alcohol can be considered dangerous.. I would really like to see examples of fatalities and the dosage. As I mentioned earlier, when I drink, it's usually only 2 glasses of wine(5% wine btw), hard cider or fire bull. I have taken xanax(.5-1 mg) and klonopin(2-3 mg) and brought a 16 oz fire bull to my college lectures and have been completely coherent. In fact, I would never give a presentation without some level of benzos and alcohol in my system. Of course, I want to make sure I don't go too far. I've definitely had 5+ drinks with benzos and hardly remember the night... it is not something I intend to repeat. But with five difficult college classes and working 20+ hours a week, I definitely like to unwind when I get home. I also live in a very stressful home situation. I do not intend to do opiates after this one time, and will return the pills to the person I got them from if I cannot sell them.

Last edited:
What mad Dash said. "This is dangerous shit" heed the warning start low and go slow. Or better thought just stop befor its to late.
Also not to take this off topic but Mad Dash you have accomplished alot i am tappering and getting clean ive went from over 200mg oxy down to 60mg in 2 weeks and will get clean very soon and your posts aswell as others have given me hope that it is possible to be clean, healthy, and live in less pain with healthy living. You my friend are a great person for helping me and many many others. I comend you sir

I really appreciate that. It is nice to know people are listening every once in a while. I mean I am not some special person, I have just been through it all before but I take a great deal of time to write these posts because I would not wish addiction on my worst enemy. And seeing how young kids are starting these days kills my heart with sorrow. But keep fighting man, and if you can do it CT please feel free to PM me I will even give you my cell # if you ever feel like relapsing and talk you down. (BTW that goes for anybody here, if you want my cellie to call when you feel like your going to make a bad decision I am totally okay with that just PM me).

I appreciate everyone's help and concerns. To clarify:
-I definitely did not intend to take 13 pills at once. If you read the op, I said that I would keep only enough for me and my friend(5'6, 105 lbs) to experience a sort of euphoria, and sell the rest to an older friend(although I do not know anyone that IVs).
-When I nodded out on 4 mg orally, I had been drinking and taking clonopin and xanax. When I do the HM this time, I will be doing only the HM.

I snorted a little benzo last night to prep myself for how it might feel, because I have been convinced that snorting is the best method to achieve what I want to achieve with the least chance of harm. I am not comfortable plugging and definitely not comfortable IVing. I will divide them into the 1mg lines as suggested. My question is how long should I wait between each 1 mg line?

Also, I am 20 years old and graduating college this semester. I am not a reckless junkie for the most part. I have always been interested in drugs' effects on the brain, and it helps when writing literature. I have tried LSD 4 times, shrooms 6 times, DXM 3 times(and only the first time was worth it). Of these drugs, the only one I would repeat is shrooms. I suppose my mixing of benzos and alcohol can be considered dangerous.. I would really like to see examples of fatalities and the dosage. As I mentioned earlier, when I drink, it's usually only 2 glasses of wine(5% wine btw), hard cider or fire bull. I have taken xanax(.5-1 mg) and klonopin(2-3 mg) and brought a 16 oz fire bull to my college lectures and have been completely coherent. In fact, I would never give a presentation without some level of benzos and alcohol in my system. Of course, I want to make sure I don't go too far. I've definitely had 5+ drinks with benzos and hardly remember the night... it is not something I intend to repeat. But with five difficult college classes and working 20+ hours a week, I definitely like to unwind when I get home. I also live in a very stressful home situation. I do not intend to do opiates after this one time, and will return the pills to the person I got them from if I cannot sell them.

Okay I mean this is a harm reduction board we can not force you not to. But to answer your question first and foremost PLEASE stop mixing medications. If you are going to do the HM no alcohol, no benzos, no downers of any kind. Just start off with 1 mg, wait about 5 to 10 mins, if you are not feeling anything once it has absorbed you can do more lines. But do it slowly, increase your dosage carefully. This is your life after all and it is worth just as much as anybody else so don't throw it away! It would also be a good idea to have someone with you that can just keep an eye one you.

But this mixing CNS depressants is one thing with benzos and booze, it is dangerous. But you throw opiates into the mixture, you are talking death. I am not just being overly dramatic. Please stay safe, and post back with any other questions. Ill say a prayer for you. Sounds like the addiction already has you if you are taking that much benzo and drink on top and then making lectures in class. Best of luck, stay safe.

@ Mad Dash....good on you for offering yourself to anyone who needs help. And thanks for you're service to this country.

they say eating fat like vegetable oil or canola in french fries or greasy fried chicken allows you to absorb more hydromorphone and Oxycodone but besides injecting you can Snort it after crushin beads with spoon if extended relase and chopping each crushed flat bead until it is so small sharded cuts it looks like powder instead of any resemblence of beads and snort 3-6mg every 15 mins for max absorbption in the nose or all dose at oncee in 6mg or even as you can between BOTH NOSTRILS AND ALWAYS INHALE LIGHTLY THROUGH THE NOSE it absorbs more only if you dont swallow it and it stays on the thin skin in your Nose. you can get 33% at most from oral consumtpion tthat is the minimum amount you get from snorting and snorting absorbs as much as 52-55% at most. 50% usually is what it abosrbs if done correctly.

Okay I mean this is a harm reduction board we can not force you not to. But to answer your question first and foremost PLEASE stop mixing medications. If you are going to do the HM no alcohol, no benzos, no downers of any kind. Just start off with 1 mg, wait about 5 to 10 mins, if you are not feeling anything once it has absorbed you can do more lines. But do it slowly, increase your dosage carefully. This is your life after all and it is worth just as much as anybody else so don't throw it away! It would also be a good idea to have someone with you that can just keep an eye one you.

But this mixing CNS depressants is one thing with benzos and booze, it is dangerous. But you throw opiates into the mixture, you are talking death. I am not just being overly dramatic. Please stay safe, and post back with any other questions. Ill say a prayer for you. Sounds like the addiction already has you if you are taking that much benzo and drink on top and then making lectures in class. Best of luck, stay safe.

Thank you for showing concern for my well-being. I don't plan to ever mix opioids with benzos and alcohol again, I was just stating that I had several times and nothing happened. I have been wanting to experience a more pure opioid high, but since I have only ever taken them orally, I never felt much and would then mix other drugs. Once I can have some idea of what the opioid high feels like alone, I really have no other reasons to take the pills again. I will have someone with me. Do you really think that I can be sure in 5-10 minutes if I am ready for another line? Would it be okay to wait 20-30 minutes, or would the rush of the initial dose be gone?
And for the record to all about the benzo/alcohol thing:
I understand this can be a dangerous combination for most people, but I'm not abusing klonopin, I pretty much only usually take what's prescribed(2 mg) but since I do this most days, my body has built a tolerance. This drug has changed my life. I used to be socially reclusive, I was cold and unfriendly even though I wanted to be social. It was almost impossible for me to get along with other females besides a select few friends. Ever since being on klonopin, I have become a very social and friendly person and am much more well-liked, but i can also attribute that to other psychological alterations in perception.
I had tried Xanax at a pretty young age like 13, and had it a few times throughout my teenage years(given to me by mom) because I had terrible social anxiety. I missed 80 days of school my junior year because i could not be around people. I couldn't even go to senior year. At this time, we didn't have mental health insurance, so it was impossible for me to go to a psychiatrist. I technically started drinking at 15, but not often until 17-18. I noticed that most of my friends would always get drunk and I wouldn't even if i had more alcohol. there were very few instances of me getting drunk. Ive never thrown up from alcohol or had a hangover. I think my body metabolizes alcohol very quickly, even on an empty stomach. I was taking clonazepam for some time before I started drinking again. Usually, I can take all xanax klonopin and drink and be okay, but it is dependent on how much alcohol and how much xanax. it seems i can continue to increase the dose of klonopin with little affect. I never take more than 1 mg of xanax in a night because that shit does fuck you up. I have spotty memory of nights where I even take 1 mg and drink.