• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dosing After Taking A Butrans Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodborne1

Bluelighter
Quick question: how do these patches work in terms of opiates? I?m confused: originally I was prescribed these in addition to my norco. Yet, I thought Butrans specifically blocked the receptor rendering the opiate useless? I?m asking because I chewed a patch earlier, but before bed I wanted to take my norco. Is taking the norco prior to bed useless because it?ll be completely blocked from giving any effect? If so, how long does the Butrans block for? Or is this completely bullshit and you can take an opiate anytime after a Butrans patch and still achieve full use of the medicine? Just need to know so I don?t waste. Thank you!

(deleted thread link as I didn't see that you already posted in it)

these doesn't have naloxone like Suboxone does, they are like subutex but made for another roa, I think taking your norco would not have a very noticeable impact on your pain or state of being as bupe has a higher binding affinity.

This is a pretty open and shut case. I'm not going to leave it open as I feel that this idea has been discussed at great length in other parts of the forums. OP, you have used a drug, Buprenorphine, that does indeed block the effects of full Opioid-agonists. How long does this effect last? It's going to vary from person to person and of course the dosage consumed. Typically, it's 24 hours to regain some receptors, but 48 to be almost completely back to homeostasis. Again, it's going to vary heavily. We can't give you anything like a specific time.

Save your drugs for tomorrow. I'm closing this as I don't want it to contribute to the glut of similar threads kicking around our HR forums. Any questions, send me a message.

Status
Not open for further replies.