• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

DON'T BAN e-Cigs, just the over-powered conduction-mode (coil-based) "ATOMIZERS"!!

Electronic cigars, are purely bullshit. With time you develop the ''water in the lungs'' disease. In two words, waste of money and waste of time. I think i've said in a thread before that I still don't know why they were invented and you cannot throw that shit - You can smoke in ''No Smoke'' places or those craps that we've heard before.

As result of what people think and say, weird. E-Cigs basically are the ''healthy cigars''? that's what I've read, now if something else dunno, don't want to. Still there are a lot and a lot of people in this world that only smoke green, they don't do tobacco.

Hi again ThujOne,

About thermal stress cycles leading to erosion by cracks i'd say my observation was that it occured mostly in early experiments when still flirting with extremes, then successive trial & error iterations helped to shorten flame duration while retaining the transitional dim-red feature of Silicon Carbide Foam which ain't to be confused with temperature (of a Metal Disc) within my Hybrid Core. After all energy injection proceeds from inside during an IH-driven ("Plan-A") Pre-Heating phase, in opposition to torching through a 3.1 mm thick layer of SiC Foam using extra-hot exhaust gases from the corona of clean-burning butane flames. This means a susceptor ain't required to get as thermally stressed as dim-red SiC in "Plan-B", while i'm quite ready to bet both core temperatures overlap around some eventual zone compatible with a Curie effect.

In addition, once most of the SiC erosion was done (during my exploration phase) the remainder could be safely attributed to frequent assembly/disassembly as most cracking sounds had vanished. Wood burns on the Sphere Tops also complicated my transition to blue flames so i persisted in my efforts to further reduce the energy budget, by displacing part of the core closer to its bowl, relentlessly trimming down the different layers while guessing about the next best set of thickness ratios, etc.

Retrospectively it appears my intuition over using a Brass Screen Wrap with the Top-of-Bowl SiC Puck proved fructiful: it served for mechanical support and allowed partial relocation into the Screw-Base aperture which now also behaves as an auxiliary core cavity, something the genuine VG core could hardly do.

Overall only marginal SiC cracking can be expected to take place in any training period today, especially under the ceiling temperature from direct IH-driven core-injection. Butane consumption is optimized, less parasitic heat needs to get purged; it's maintenance errors which may loosen up a Hybrid Core, not thermal cycling as both ends terminate with relatively elastic boundaries ready to just slide under expansion force. Hence practice shows some long while can pass before i feel like reseting the components in place.

:cool:

About exploring other concepts, although i'm not opposed to discussing them my organism still prefers Inlet Water, so without it i can't justify engaging myself once again in such extensive way as i did before. Otherwise i'd have switched to Induction Heat many years ago.

If it's too much trouble to DUPLICATE & PEER REVIEW then so be it! My wish is that persons able to see beyond credentials can manage to grasp similar perspectives, hopefully via my "LAVA" reconfigurations while a significant number of challenges already been dealt with to spare them most of the expense + frustrations.

😐

The decades-old rewards of Brief/Dense heat bursts have been explained previously (#2: « Rapid heating prevents from secondary reaction and decomposition. »), which to me isn't about pyrolysis nor vacuum. So it's important to remind ourselves that industrials of the mid-nineties demonstrated a technology capable of rising temperature to 764 °C in 0.2 seconds, which makes adaptations higly desirable. Forget thermostatic models and embrace the short-lived features of a transitional mode!

The "Micro-Bursting" rate of temperature increase is so sudden all essential compounds can turn volatile and leave their bowl practically simultaneously. It's a time-compressed method to enhance aroma/taste perceptions: it's not just bake-free, it's full-spectrum too; possibly leaving room for a separate mix of activated vs non-activated cannabinoïds, which suggests later control/adjustment via an auxiliary heater stage in the same fashion as the Sublimator of Enrico Bouchard.

🤤

Anyway there's ZERO incentive for me in absence of Inlet Water and i simply don't have 6~8 more years to spare, besides spending another couple thousand dollars over some remote hope to make it happen. Now imagine the level of motivation after observing that omni-present obstructivism as from recent wall-of-shame contributions never stop to pop up once in a while...

Moreover, please dear readers, avoid minimizing the fact that my past "Prototyping Platform" experiments were never meant to propose a finished product: the goal is to offer experimenters a window through which to acquire their own perspectives on Bi-Energy "Micro-Bursting" and beyond, even independantly.

YMMV.

It seems somewhat difficult to control in terms of temperature precision.

Not at all, each noble molecule shall fly away the instant it's volatized, presumably at a characteristic temperature, and since there's more energy than ever required then all molecules should leave together until the temporary charge got depleted, in a predictable model thanks to the Curie point - particularily in the almost-linear operating zones:

Curie Effect - Nickel Iron Alloys - Linear Temp. vs Perm. Oper. Zones [550x360] .PNG

...this all reminds me of railguns, where the magnetic field is controlled by supercapacitor bursts...

Well, it does involve an energy build-up though its release doesn't occur instantly as those railguns rely on projectile acceleration: e.g. it has to conquer inertia 1st and hence there's a significant delay involved, while in principle the IH-driven Heat Charge of my Hybrid Core is already set to its optimum value BEFORE things are set in motion...

Which leaves a few questions open for the posterity. For example how many Joules to "atomize" a single trichome? Or a bowl full of them?? ... Then doesn't it make sense to invest resources into "metered dosing", convective heat and sessions sharing for training tools?! And/or elimination of vilification vectors as greed-driven middle-men, intense conduction-mode "cooking" and "monster clouds"??

Of course it's obvious i keep repeating the same ideas so lets finally conclude i've already closed the circle as far as i'm concerned. Which ain't as if i won't revisit my VG-dedicated thread(s) if/when suitable.

Good day, have fun!! ☮

Last edited:
Anti Cannabis fear mongering is alive and well in Canada. British Columbia has decided to implement a 20% tax on *all* vapes sold in the province, including dry flower vaporizers. Obviously, people from BC can order from outside of province but the online stores located in BC will take a hit.

So, if this applies to vape cartridges that will soon be on the shelves that means PST (provincial sales tax), GST (goods and services tax), 1 penny per mg THC (so, $10 on a 1000 mg distillate cartridge) and a 20§ final retail adjustment.

And in New Brunswick, the provincial Cannabis corporation continues to lose money ( as it has from day 1) and projects losses for at least another year. They have already opened solicitations from private entities to assume control of Cannabis sales in the province.

Tom

And meanwhile people from other countries envy our "Légaleezation" model, never told about these sorts of details...

😑

At least BL now has nice front-page illustrations.

with regards to burst heating the SiC foam or similar structured metal, it occurs to me another consideration is not just thermal conductivity but also how prone the metal *and* structural makeup is to cracking under routine hot-cold cycling.
I used the health stone to vape flower (not it's original purpose) for a year or so and I was more concerned with the glass breaking before the ceramic cracked. Neither the ceramic nor the glass cracked during that time period of frequent hot-cold cycling.

I was using a torch, so it was completely over-powered often times bringing the stone to a bright red and accidentally setting fire to the flower.

i'm not sure i have anything left to add currently but as usual, Egzoset you have a continuous stream of ideas for future innovations here. personally i think the butane bowl is already quite interesting, i would definitely like to try some version of it and i think there are others that would also be interested in a simple but well manufactured electronics-free vape.

actually, i suddenly remember there *is* such a product, i forget what the name of it is but it looks like a steel chillum ... but iirc it was just a primitive one-hitter style stealth conduction vape.

I used the health stone to vape flower (not it's original purpose) for a year or so and I was more concerned with the glass breaking before the ceramic cracked. Neither the ceramic nor the glass cracked during that time period of frequent hot-cold cycling.

I was using a torch, so it was completely over-powered often times bringing the stone to a bright red and accidentally setting fire to the flower.

i'm not familiar with it but if the glass is borosilicate i'm not surprised, it's amazingly tolerant to stresses

You got a visit from the vape mafia? Those guys can be pretty intimidating, there's a lot of money in slinging gray market vapes made in some unregulated battery factory in the smoggy hinterlands of China

Salutations,

Anyone should still feel most welcome to revive one of these dedicated threads which are more specific to my own DUPLICATE & PEER REVIEW challenge, in chronologic order:

BL: Saving the lost statistically-elusive children of planet Itnoc (In The Name Of Children) [2019-Sep-11]
BL: KISS (2-parts) IH-driven fix for failed designs... (2019-Apr-6)
BL: Weapon of Mass Seduction (2017-Sep-25)
BL: Harm Reduction type of modded vaporizer pipe (2013-Jul-5)

As long as it's focussed on the announced topics - instead of perceptions on the member who submitted them, only to serve derailing/obstuctionist purposes actually denying Harm Reduction ideas to be shared.

Good day, have fun!! ☮

I'm not sure if anyone means any specific offense ... it's just less effort to be dismissive? This has been a good discussion anyway, just have to accept some negativity sometimes

Time for an update:

Egzoset-s-intro-on-HV-Forum-2020-Jul-2-512x8192.png
Egzoset's intro on HV Forum (2020-Jul-2)

Well i think it's a text which happens to wrap together quite a lot of what i find to say (at least so far!) on this subject and similar, via my "Generic Engine" as the basis for a "fit-them-all" solution IMO. Susceptor shape vs cannabic path layout is no trivial matter, it always comes with a set of trade-offs like those from conduction-mode scenarios. Check on Reddit what i had to comment about in the DV VC thread dedicated to Induction Heaters, for example... The way i see it someday a water-tight IH-driver combined to the suitable delivery method might just give access to "Inlet Water" without butane, or even both since in my "Bi-Energy" concept both functions co-exist simultaneously within a common device.

Euh... But: oh i sense through my story-teller crystal ball that mankind's "stoner$"/"droÿé$" ain't there yet!! :rolleyes:

Good day, have fun!! ☮

M'well, a couple Halloweens later...

Lets 1st have some quick visual retrospective about "Respect & Pride vs Greed & Bigotry":

Back to the basics - The Shortest Path of Lesser Transformation​

Now appreciate my impressions of the whole Québec/Canada "légaleezation"...

Here's a recent testimony for starters:

Organigram-Big-Bag-O-Buds-Lemon-Margy-THC-centric-SQd-C-Boveda-2022-720x540.png

That's a microscope capture of "legal" SQdC stuff provided by Organigram, (Big Bag O' Buds, Lemon Margy), with R.H. % Boveda in the bag.

And this is one single samble trying to evaluate its trichome size:

SQd-C-Organigram-Big-Bag-O-Buds-Lemon-Margy-Trichome-Glands-21-px-76-microns-640x480.png
Now lets contemplate those little indiscernable features that got lost since the good old days, before prohibition 2.0:

Qu-beker-Trichomes-before-Trudeau-Late-2016-720x540.png
Qu-beker-Trichomes-before-Trudeau-Early-2017-720x540.png

Getting the picture?...

So, of course when dealing with e-Liquid$ there's just no way one can detect hints related to the extensive transformation that took place, while in the case of dry flowers it turns out dame Nature's most precious gift was quite possibly a visual signature practically impossible to counterfit. That's why i persistantly follow « The Shortest Path of Lesser Transformation », and having accumulated some additional perspective i'd have to argue the goal is to reverse an historial mistake inherited from the victorian age: rolling paper as the mainstream consumption method!

Google Search informs us that a trichome gland averages between 50 and 100 metric microns, which means my SQdC sample was possibly mid-size - no surprize there... Looking close at the trichome stems it's rendered very obvious by the characteristic copper-tone colour that these been actually beheaded, which is evidence enough of « Tumble Weed », or « Mari-Caca » as i like to call it. Split-open calix shells is another visual indication, this time pointing at seed removal i presume - because "remediation" is meant to make it more "legal", yano!... Besides those eye-striking aspects i equally perceive a tendance of remaining trichomes to fall on the vegetal substrate and stick there, which to me is a direct concern in terms of vaporism based on « Pulse Heating », pure deny of a health-wise smoker alternative!! No more no less.

As for the challenge of shrinking noble molecule packets from 75 micron trichome-suspended heads to airbone micro-droplets tiny enough to pass with ease the alveole-to-bloodstream barrier of our human lungs, euh... No hope there so fas as our political "Z-elite$" & friend$ continue to promote confusion, actually denying real topics to serve obtu$e and mer¢antile mind$ who can't care less about children despite their "holier-than-you" attitudes (in front of TV cameras)... In The Name Of Children, especially during Halloween.

🎃

Last edited: