• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Doing your own head in

Year of the Rat

Bluelighter
I'm an anxious mess of a human being who sucks all the fun out of everything for themselves by fretting about it. This is a particular problem when I'm going out or at a festival and plan to take some sort of drug, OR if I take something I'm not used to and convince myself I'm having a bad time.

Does anyone else get like this and how do they try to combat it? (please don't say "just chill out". if I knew how to chill out it wouldn't be an issue)

Well then you're fucked lol. Its very simple: everytime you start to fret or get worked up about something, you need to RECOGNIZE it. Once you actively recognize it, you can then work on changing your reaction.

SO! If you really try, truly and honestly (key), you can 'just chill'. Because you can recognize when you are getting worked up, and change your reaction accordingly.

It aint easy, its hard as fuck. I wont lie and say it is easy. But that is the answer. Recognize when youre getting worked up, and react in a different way.

Helps also to NOT overthink things. I used to overthink the SHIT out of even the smallest decisions and actions (what do i want for dinner would become 30 minutes of indecisive thinking). Eventually you need to start nutting up, making a choice within a reasonable time frame (not 30 minute debate over dinner for example), and STICK TO IT! Stop second guessing yourself, stop rethinking every decision. Make one and stick to your guns.

To quote a famous advertising campaign: Just do it.

I'm an anxious mess of a human being who sucks all the fun out of everything for themselves by fretting about it. This is a particular problem when I'm going out or at a festival and plan to take some sort of drug, OR if I take something I'm not used to and convince myself I'm having a bad time.

Does anyone else get like this and how do they try to combat it? (please don't say "just chill out". if I knew how to chill out it wouldn't be an issue)

Always have a nice benzo on you when you are planning to take any sort of stims or psychodelics.
Just having a decent benzo on hand will ease this anxiety.
If it gets to "heavy" just take the pill.
But knowing you have one in case will let you enjoy the experience and you can ride it out properly knowing you have a cure in your pocket.

I'd either suggest having benzos around when dosing as sort of a safety blanket, like others have said. But keep use to a minimum because you don't want to get physically dependent on benzos (at least if you don't have a legit script for them). Trust me.

Or perhaps milder drugs are more your speed. Stick with cannabis edibles or lower doses of psychedelics to get a feel for what's supposed to happen. Always be mindful of the duration of the drug you're taking. For example, let's say you're dosing LSD. Let's say for argument's sake that you come up for about an hour, the peak is at about T+4hrs from when you dosed, and the come down is around T+12hrs from when you dosed. You can always tell yourself, "I took such and such at ##:## so I should be peaking in about 3 hours and then coming back down to baseline at 8 hours or whatever the times are for the substance you took. You will always know that the drugs will eventually wear off.

Or else, don't do drugs. Enjoy the festival for the music and the atmosphere. Work on your anxiety. Do you have anxious thoughts and feelings not about drugs? Work on that.

Op, if you suffer from anxiety you probably shouldn't be taking mind altering substances for recreation. (esp psychedelics).

In all cases, stick to low doses & don't mix drugs.
Take care of your equilibrium and your body will take care of you.

I'm not sure that this is the right forum to be posting in, exactly, but I do sympathize with you. I suffer from a bit of anxiety and a bit of obsessive compulsiveness that, together, can tie my stomach up into knots over even the smallest of things; in other words, I "fret."

It sucks, man. I went the benzo route for a while, and, stupidly, I abused the medication that I was prescribed, and so now I'm off of it after suffering through withdrawal and a seizure. But it doesn't have to be that way for you, of course, and that doesn't have to be your experience.

Learn how to chill out and reverse the anxiety. I used to get terrible panic attacks and the only thing that could reverse them was Xanax. I wasn't about to get hooked on a drug that could induce siezures or death with extended use so I learned how to catch the anxiety when it was coming on and convince myself everything was fine and my mind was just playing tricks on me. It took a good year and a half to accomplish but I did it.

Yup, I get the same thing. Seeing someone about your anxiety might be helpful :).
Also, I find that psychedelics just DON'T work for me (about 90% of the time). I am OK sometimes with them when I'm in a safe place (aka my house) but I won't do them when I'm out at a party or something. I will always GO to parties sober. Once I'm comfortable, then I will decide if I want to do something or not.
MDMA is my favourite drug for getting more relaxed.

I'm used to MDMA by now but because I know it makes me nauseous, I often find myself getting nauseous before I've even took it. I'll suddenly gag, as though my body is anticipating it.

Well I'm a runnin' down the road try'n to loosen my load
I've got seven women on my mind
Four that want to own me, two that want to stone me
One says she's a friend of mine
Take it easy, take it easy
Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy
Lighten up while you still can
Don't even try to understand

Just find a place to make your stand, and take it easy
Well, I'm a standin' on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
Such a fine sight to see
It's a girl my Lord in a flat-bed Ford