View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Doing Acid Alone For The First Time?

ar.izona

Bluelighter
Hi I think that i'm going to be doing acid later on this evening. I'm most likely going to take it alone after my parents go to bed and trip all night. I'll watch netflix play cs:go just the norm. is this a bad idea? any tips?

I have also done 1000mgs + of dxm in the past, not sure if that will help me.

just the norm

No it won't be.

It could be fantastic, or you could lose your shit, get caught in a loop and decide it's a great idea to bust into your parents room at 2am and confess your undying love towards Harry from one direction.

Keep the dose low and you'll be more likely to keep sane and the noise down. The flip side is you are less likely to enjoy the real crazy shit that higher doses provide.

Not a great idea - can you wait till your parents aren't around?

How much were you planning on taking?

What will you do in the event you have a difficult time?

It's not impossible, but as a harm reduction site, you're not going to get much encouragement on here.

edit - what busty said.

My parents are never gone long enough to trip

1 tab

ill be skyping my friend maybe he could calm me down.

I did it alone for my first time, my parents were in bed and I had one tab and it was probably the most amazing and eye opening experience of my life. It did very nearly talk a bad turn though, my dad woke up and came downstairs about four hours into it (I was tripping very hard) and proceeded to make food and conversation for what seemed like forever, once he went to bed it took me around an hour and some new music to calm down sufficiently to enjoy it again.

So while I loved it, if I had my time again I would wait until there is definitely nobody around and no chance of them turning up/coming downstairs. So that is my advice, and have some Xanax available.

I think having done DXM will at least prepare you for what can be a fully inebriating experience. There is no way to know how you will react to something as powerful as LSD. My experiences are different from most in that it doesnt impact my logical and rational thinking so i am always able to remind myself i can hide the fact i am tripping because its a game of deception, no one knows your on drugs until you fuck up and give it away but for a first time experience you never know if you will be able to comprehend language and socialization.

I would take it at a time when you are free to explore. You never know what you may "want" to do, for all you know you really want to lie on the ground naked outside but cant because you didnt pick an appropriate time. The experience can be so much more beautiful if you plan it right, remember you only get one first experience you shouldnt squander what few unique and novel experiences there are in the world. I am not saying it wont be fun i am just saying you only get one "virgin acid experience" would you prefer it be cooped up in your room "situation as norm" (which i think is funny) or would you prefer it be the ideal first time experience where if you wanna run around the house naked you can?

Being alone the first time you trip is a bad idea, and should be avoided.

Being in your parents' house while they're asleep is a bad setting to trip in.

Many stories of bad trips begin this way. Even if your trip is fine, you may wind up having an uncomfortable talk with your parents the next day.

Wait until you can be out of the house for a day at a park or something, somewhere nobody will bother you. Better yet, wait until you're old enough to move out of your parents' house and into your own place. You'll be glad you did.

I would call this idea scetchy at best. tripping is a coin toss, so I would wait for a better "set and setting"

ar.izona - *all* my trips have been solo. If you aren't prepared for what might happen (and I don't know how you are), it's quite possible to 'lose your shit'. Nothing is 'normal' after taking LSD. Are you ready to answer your parents as to why you are staring at the telephone answering machine? In my case the flashing lights indicating a new message looked like satellites orbiting a planet. You got pets in your house? They add a completely random, utterly unpredictable element to the trip. You might wander into the bathroom and flush the toilet repeatedly just to watch the water swirl around. And so on.....

Wait until you have the time and relative safety; the drug isn't going anywhere.

Tom

It may seem like a scare tactic but just to give you an idea of the situation you could potentially be putting yourself in.

One of the first times I tripped on acid, there were a few of us and no parents present. One of us had a bad trip, we were all tripping on acid and thought the ambulance needed to be called. We spent the rest of the evening/morning tripping in hospital with the police taking statements.

Long story short.. sometimes it can be hard to predict how you are going to act on acid, so only take it in the right setting please. And make sure you have a sitter for your first time. Be safe.

my first trip was solo and was a mediocre time. i bought 4 tabs and was told by my guy to only take one (he was/is far more experienced with acid) so i decided i couldn't wait and would be taking one that night. I was still living with my parents at this point so i waited until they went to bed and dropped it. Everything was going swimmingly until about 2 hours in or so and i wanted to go outside, however the problem is that my parents' house has an alarm system and they set it and i couldn't undo it without it beeping so naturally i felt trapped and claustrophobic for a period but it eventually passed after laying in my bed and putting on music and bullshitting on another forum similar to this but which will not be named. That was my only time doing it alone but it wasn't because it was a horrible experience but rather because i enjoyed it taking it with my friend as he drove me around all day and smoked non stop or doing whatever else.

I'll echo everyone else and say you never know how its going to go and i would advise to not do it at home if only because i think there will at least be some anxiety/tripping in the back of your head about your parents finding out or trying to play everything off cool. Based on what you said about your parents, I'm not sure if it would be possible to drop it early in the morning and hang out with people all day or find another excuse. Back when i lived at home and caught a few cases, if i wanted to use a longer duration the minute my parents would leave for work i'd get up, go to my friends house then drop it.