• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

does...

CoffeeDrinker

Bluelighter
...Drug use or the experience with altered states of mind inherently give someone a slight edge in their thinking capabilities over someone who has never left their normal sober state of being, not even for an instant in waking life?
What do you all think?

If being well adjusted to the world is the eventual goal of someone as they mature throughout their life does drug use help with that adjustment or does it hurt that ultimate aim?
I can definitely see how things like addiction and obsession would harm the spiritual growth of someone, but does a brief stint with mind alterers such as pot or psychedelics, or even the more "drug like" drugs like cocaine and oxy and mdma, help a person with their ability to cope with life if used in a responsible way?
idk I just had a random thought I'd like to see your thoughts.

i'd like to think phycadelics have opened me up, more open minded, especially DMT,Mesacline,LSA,Cannabis. all neurological spirity perception kinda stuff.

Yes but is some level of that " neurological spirity perception kinda stuff" just delusion and nonsense?
I'm inclined to think that it has benefited my thinking in some way, but I am having trouble pin-pointing exactly how.

I do believe that certain substances can expand our perception thereby increasing our understanding. However, with this knowledge comes a heavy burden. Once you've seen through the veil you are left with a feeling of what now, or you may feel obligated to fix the problems of the world. Others can fall into a spiral of confusion because they don't know how to decompress all of this new found information.

So to answer the original question I would say that I think it is easier to live life having never taken any mind altering substances because as the old adage goes: ignorance is bliss. However, at least from personal experience, I would say that regardless of the burden it can bring I would prefer to "take the red pill".

Last edited:
I think that drugs can offer new perspectives sometimes, that could give one an ""edge" tho I'd rather phrase it in a less competitive way

If anything, psychedelics have made me more confused about life (albeit offering me experiences with the numinous that would not be possible otherwise). But I guess the more you know, the less you know.

Yes and no. Do past experiences with drugs give you an "edge" in thinking capabilities? Maybe in the same way going through a divorce would, or gambling away your savings. You'll come away from something like that with more wisdom, but you wouldn't advise someone to do it for that.

it depends on many things but in my opinion people that never been on trip or never had psychedelic experience are sleepers with open eyes

i think its the more contridictions youre exposed to that gives you insight

reality vs psychadellic is just a huge controdiction that helps.

Drugs let you see things from a different perspective but unless you can understand and integrate the experience into your sober life it doesn't really do any good. Some people get so entranced by the experience that they just want to keep doing it without taking the time to improve themselves. Psychedelics can show you what you need to change in life but in the end it's you that needs to change yourself.

I feel like psychedelics had me curious of viewing every aspect of everything from different perspectives, just in general. Before psychedelics I thought there was only one way of thinking, perceiving, etc. Now I don't so I actively look for different perspectives in everything.

For me it's def. been a double edged sword; I had a really hard time processing my first few dmt trips, Its not easy to integrate those experiences into your life sometimes. I did eventually and know that i have absolutely become a better person because of them but i dont think it works that way for everyone.