• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe Does suboxone raise or lower tolerance to oxycodone

I looking into doing ULDN (ultra low dose naltrexone). I told my suboxone doctor that I don’t want to take suboxone anymore and I’m weaning off. I just don’t know how to bring it up and what to say. I want to lower my tolerance and that is the only thing I e read that actually does. But again I have no ideas how to bring it up. Should I just say I want to get off suboxone and ask for a prescription of naltrexone? Chances are she will give me 50mg tablets if she even agrees and then is have to dissolve it and measure it out to get to around 50 but I’m ok with that. My only thing is trying to convince her to to perscrbe it
I would first try slowly weaning off, simply reducing the dose. You can do this by your self, or tell the doc you would like to try reducing the dose because you think it may be too high, but tell her you would like to go slowly. IMO this is better than saying you want to get off and it would give you more felxibility. Aside from that, and depending in which country / state are you in, and how is the clinic funded, sometimes they don't really want you off.

Also I would suggest, if it's possible where you live, try switching to something more natural and short acting like morphine (not prolonged release, idealy 'liquid' pure hcl mixed with water.) or heroin (It's available in some European countries.). Then from there start reducing slowly or however you want. That would lower you tolerance, and mechanism of working is basically same like taking antagonists like naltrexone. It would also give you more flexibility. I mentioned above with shorter acting opioids one can lower tolerance even without decreasing your single (not daily) dose. You can even increase it lol. You just have to skip the second (and/or third) one, which is not easy for everyone, but it's also not that hard. It could be much harder for people who have to go to work to deal with customers, collegue etc. I was lucky to be able to work from home, so it didn't matter much when I had to spend half day sweating and groggy (I would often wait for afternoon, sometimes later).
One can then combine both methods and switch between higher single doses, and lower 2 or more doses, but in my experience sticiking to single, max two dosis of something like morphine works best.
Last year I adjusted to a single dose of morphine then started weaning of, and would have probably stopped if this shit with lockdowns etc hadn't happened. Although all I wanted for now is to significantly reduce. What I did. I went from 700 mg of morphine per day to 50 - 70 mg.

I know this will sound ridiculous to some people here, but please, everyone, start doing some resistance exercise. Not talking about going to the gym or full blown workouts. If you are sedentary and have never or rarely been physically active just a few squats, pushups whatever per day, even few times per week can make a big difference. Some call this micro workouts. Like if you are in a kitchen making coffee do few squats, or pushupts. Going to take a shower, do the same.

Adding more protein and meat to my diet also helped me a lot, way more actually I think. I can only speculate why and how. Theoretically it could have been because it occupies liver so it has less time / capacity to break down opioids, what indirectly could make you more sensitive to opioids, but I'm almost sure it's not (only) that. For one because my mood generally improved. Most natural opioids are short acting peptides, and there's a bunch of diffrent peptide neurotransmitters which regulate emotions, stress, pain. Providing more material (amino acids) could make it easier for the body to sinthesize these.