• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Does Piracetam Make Acid THIS much stronger?

The effects of Piracetam are anything but placebo. Increase your dose if you don't notice it :)

I'm not saying it's placebo, I'm just saying that piracetam's action in the brain is still largely unknown.

^^^ Isn't it accepted that it increases flow between right and left brain hemispheres? I also read that it doesn't have one specific site of action, it acts overall in the brain.

What is a recommended way of ingesting piracetam from a tub of 700g. I mixed it with orange juice, but that got tiring, is there a better way?

^^^ Isn't it accepted that it increases flow between right and left brain hemispheres? I also read that it doesn't have one specific site of action, it acts overall in the brain.
That's the theory alright, but as far as I know, it's still just that.
What is a recommended way of ingesting piracetam from a tub of 700g. I mixed it with orange juice, but that got tiring, is there a better way?
Why not just capsule it up?

Why not just capsule it up?

putting 1-3 grams of powder into capsules gets tiresome quick.

i mix mine with my morning cup of tea. (today that included 5-10mg of 2c-d aswell)

and there are certainly noticeable yet subtle effects from it.

ya take ya teaspoon, tub -> mouth, enjoy your bitters - yumm, chase with triple sugar double espresso as required.

In my experience: no, piracetam does potentiate LSD to such insane stratospheric proportions. I have taken the two together many a time and I would almost be hard pressed to find a significant difference in my response to LSD with and sans piracetam. Perhaps with piracetam, the trip is more 'lucid,' but the ergoloids are already so wonderfully clear and lucid (not at all 'intoxicating' as DMT and 4-OH-dialkyltryptamines can be) for me that I have little difficultly doing anything that I could normally do (function-wise) on a moderate dose of LSD.

I usually just dump the powder in my mouth and swallow it with water. Mixing with juice would be more tasteless. Either way it's not a strong bad taste... though not good by any means.

It seems we can't reach a consensus on this one.

I doubt those experiancing major effects are just more prone to placebo than others...

Perhaps it only works on some? :x

my first clue to the efficacy of piracetam was about 3 weeks into my first course, back in 1986, when i rediscovered the lost ability to recall at will telephone numbers which previously had to be written down due to memory issues associated with overindulgence of the green kind.

^^ I had very much the same experience with piracetam back when I was a regular toker--it is an excellent way to help cut through the haziness inherent to "the reefer." ;)

It mixes really well with dexamphetamine (although pramiracetam is by far the best amphetamine synergizer) and it is a generally fantastic, albeit low-potency neuroprotectant. I've enjoyed the stuff for years and years.

I know this thread is a bit old, i found it while looking for something completely different though google lol, but i just wanted to add my input:-

I usually trip on acid on average once every 2 months. I bought piracetam in the first place because i wanted to try it out for study and work purposes.

The first time i tripped on acid with piracetam i noticed an increased effect. say maybe 1.5x fold increase (after dropping 2 tabs of decent blotter, 10g once off dose of ptam) and had a very enjoyable experience.

Since then i had been using piracetam daily (no less than 10g which is considered a high dose) for about 8 weeks until one weekend we decided to drop some acid. I decided to take a slighly lower dose (1.5 tabs, same batch, evenly laid) but my girlfriend took 2 tabs.

We both had a very interesting experience, :) i havent tripped that hard in my life lol. Hypersensitivity was through the roof, could barely see a thing, i could taste smells, etc, pretty amazing stuff really. :).

I found that ptam does increase both the negative and positive effects though. It was very easy to get lost in your own thought's which is ok if your mentally prepared for it, which i was mostly so it was really fun to explore my mind in a way.

From my experience i'd say that we tripped so damm hard because of us loading 10g of ptam, every day, for 8 weeks before hand. Most people probably wouldn't use 10g a day, but what can i say, it makes me really efficient at work :)

Overall it felt like we had at least 6 tabs (so about a 4x fold increase). I use to dose around 5 tabs before i had purchased piracetam, but i think those days are over. 2 tabs will do me for now on unless the acid is extreemly shitty quality :p

Hope this helps some people. :)

I've taken around 2g of piracetam daily for seven days before taking around 130mg of MDMA. I definitely noticed an effect on my roll. Everything seemed more lucid and it felt like doing MDMA for the first time. It's almost like it brought back that sense of wonder that you get when you first try MDMA. My friends who only took 2g of piracetam on the day of our roll, also noticed similar effects.

I would highly recommend combining MDMA and piracetam.

Yes, piracetam can make not only acid, but many psychedelics & cannabis very much better & stronger!

I compiled a page (each experience is linked to its source) which lists the amazing experiences people have potentiating many drugs, especially MDMA, with this magic molecule. There also also some piracetam-only experiences.

*snip*

Last edited by a moderator:
The only time I've ever had a significantly powerful effect (greater than a +) from MDMA was when i predosed with piracetam, about 2g. In fact, I was up all night and tripping face off of it. I had taken the same pills before with very mild effects that lasted a very short time. Furthermore, one of the 3 times I've done 2C-T-2, I predosed with about 2g of piracetam and truly felt the most forcedly euphoric I've ever felt in my life. It definitely seems to increase the mental effects of psychedelics for me, as by itself it increases my rate of thinking and introspection. I look forward to trying this more and with more substances.

On another note, I strongly recommend not drinking at all while taking piracetam, and if at all, a very small amount. For me and many others, alcohol is incredibly powerful while taking piracetam, and for me it's usually in a bad way. It generally makes me much more physically drunk but much less mentally drunk and the physical drunk is highly unpleasant. At the very least, take it very easy with alcohol. With weed, it does seem to make the high clearer and more hash-like.

Furthermore, piracetam is so incredibly cheap that it's hardly worth it to not try and it is 100% non-toxic at any dose. But don't expect miracles. It's usually a small, maybe noticable effect. As for mechanisms of action, it hasn't been found to bind to any receptors or transporters AFAIK but it has been shown to increase the blood flow to the brain (one reason why it might potentiate drugs and increases negative effects of alcohol). It has also been shown to increase glutamate receptor density in (I believe) the prefrontal cortex and hippocampus. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'll try to cite some sources soon if I have time.

Last edited:
The general consensus among the 'old guard' here on BL is that 'racetams + any serotonergic drug = wildly unpredictable end result. Some people don't notice any effect, others say it mutes the trip... But many, including some oldschool BLers with very extensive experience in psychedelics, have had insanely potentiated experiences rivaling or even surpassing the potentiating effect of MAOIs on tryptamines, for example - entirely atypical experiences often described as harrowingly intense, "I don't regret it but I sure as hell wouldn't do it again" type trips.

I experimented with daily piracetam for a month or so back in college, but never mixed it with psychs beyond pot. I didn't find the effects dramatic enough to be sure they weren't placebo and/or simply a result of increased conscious focus due to trying to evaluate its effect, but I felt the cost of it pretty objectively, so I gave up on my daily 'stack'.