• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Does Mirtazipine (Remeron) dull the opiate buzz?

MGLA

Bluelighter
Hey guys, iv been taking Mirtazapime for around 2 months (15)mg and iv been searching around the net about the effects when combines with opiates, and some places say it totally dulls the opiate effects and others say it makes it stronger, im quite a noob when it comes to opiates the only opiates iv taken is heroin(three times) last year(IV'd) iv been wanting to get some DHC or Oxy bt dont want to waste my money if Mirtazipine dulls the effects
Anyone on Mirtazipine and take opiates that could chime in some opinions?

There's only one way to find out. In my experience , when I used MIRTAZAPIN with Kratom, I could not feel the effects of kratom. Which is weird because some people can take both. Also I can't use SSRi like paxil with Kratom , some people can. It depends on the person.

Mirtazapine would increase the opiate nod. So if that's what you're looking for, it could work. I have taken them alone but not together and imagine it would wreck your high because you will most likely fall asleep. I like opiate stimulation so I wouldn't take them at night but that's just me.

^This. Mirtazapine knocks you the fuck out if you aren't used to it even in small doses. I would never ever take it together with opiates. Thats just silly.

I think it killed the buzz for me. I'd have pinpoint pupils and be nodding but not feel THAT high. I hated mirtazapine though.

Mirtazapine would increase the opiate nod. So if that's what you're looking for, it could work. I have taken them alone but not together and imagine it would wreck your high because you will most likely fall asleep. I like opiate stimulation so I wouldn't take them at night but that's just me.

I take Mirtazapine daily (45 mg). It wouldn't interfere with the opioid receptor but it would probably increase the drowsiness, same with mirtazapine + alcohol or benzos.

I take Mirtazapine daily (45 mg). I don't think I've noticed any decrease in the buzz from oxy or hydro compared to before I started taking it. It shouldn't interfere with the opioid receptor but it would probably increase the drowsiness, same with mirtazapine + alcohol or benzos.

I tried some mirtazapine (multiple trials from 15-45mg) trying to achieve its reputed drowsiness effect.

All it did was give me the chills. This was when I was still using H.

So my "lab work" suggests no positive interactions with mirtazapine and opioids but that's just me.