• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Does methadone block MDMA?

I don't know. I've found other more potent NMDA antagonists like ketamine and DXM to not exactly blunt emotions. They certainly did strongly affect my mood, but if anything they allowed me to experience some, less difficult emotions I'd never experienced before in my life (such as total contentment), as well as allow me to explore mood states I hadn't been able to get to know well prior (like appreciative joy - a kind of infectious experience of joy one "catches" from another's experience of their own joy).

Ketamine is of course nothing like the effect of methadone in regards to the nmda antagonism really nothing much is like it even mxe, pcp, dxm, etc. Sure physically they may feel similar, but mentally they are on opposing levels really.... I find methadone to create a manic emotional state. Another way I would put it before that was irrational happiness. Something that comes from an immediate reward for happiness that does not last vs a naturally formed feeling of happiness that leads to a rollercoaster fugue state between happiness, confusion anger, and sadness all in a maddening cycle as physical pleasure or mental excitement sets off that false happiness only for it to crash shortly after creating that cycle. Of course it's more pronounced in people who have gone through excessive trauma and/or not developed emotionally in balance with the level of emotion surrounding them although while alienation is a common quality too its more of a result of the other issues mentioned rather than a cause.... I'm not really able to speak well enough to express my point, but I think this should make enough sense. At least I hope. Man I hate methadone..... I'm actually going to start drinking about 1-2 oz batches of pat at night and when I wake up while dosing 30 mg at 10-12. Already in one night I've slept better and had a more regular bowel movement all good signs.

Keep in mind when you are in maintenance program on methadone, you take it every day and its concentration at NMDA receptors is at a steady level often for years, even if it primarily targets opioid receptors. With ketamine, even if you abuse it, you can't take it a few times a day every day without running into other serious health problems way before long-term effects of prolonged NMDA antagonism might come into play. Also, immediate effects after one-time drug use are certainly a different thing than effects that may appear after long-term use (compare the effects of regular opioids like heroin, morphine or oxycodone initially and how they change over time with frequent use). Methadone's effects being a result of its NMDA antagonistic properties can't be considered without taking its opioid effects and perhaps other secondary effects into account either. So comparison by generalization with other NMDA antagonists, which like methadone aren't selective either, and which have different properties apart from NMDA antagonism, different pharmacokinetics as well as different purpose don't work here in my opinion. Nonetheless, in my experience, after frequent use, negative effect of ketamine or DXM on memory, cognitive functions and emotional responses in relation to social situations is certainly there even if their nature and subjective perception of them were different compared to depression, memory and cognitive problems that I developed after using methadone daily for over 2 years. And each of these 3 drugs at the same time had immediate euphoric and stress-relieving effects during any single experience at the beginning of use.

Mdma works solely upon serotonin, does it not? And methadone works on dopamine, correct? Therefore they should not effect one another.

It should be noted that my wife and I both trip just fine off of tryptamine based psychedelics, especially LSD. It should also be noted that we don't feel mescaline either, and that is, like mdma, and phenethylamine.

No mdma also floods your brain with large amounts of dopamine and norepinephrine .

I've never heard of this, but your experiments of non methadone friends getting off leaves no other conclusion.

did you find any reports online of others claiming the same thing as you about methadone to corroborate your theory?

mescaline despite being a phenethylamine binds the same receptors as lsd to work its magic, so that not working doesn't make sense at all to me, have you tried any 2Cs? If you were dosing cactus are you sure its not just weak? Its hard to get the dose right with cactus.

have you tried meth or amp?

^^^

I have tried researching this subject to no end and surprisingly there's not much information out there on it. From what I have found the consensus seems to be split right down the middle. Some people report the methadone doesn't effect their roll while others firmly believe it does. Right now I am one of the latter.

I watched my non-methadone buddies straight up roll face with these pills: eye wiggles, jaw jacking, layed out on the floor in pure orgasmic euphoria, etc. All the effects one would expect with high quality, high strength MDMA.

Me, my wife, and our one other friend on methadone? Nada.

As for the mescaline, we took it in powder HCL form. I weighed out the appropriate dosages (300 mg each) and we parachuted. However, I didn't test my mescaline (not sure if you even can?) so I cannot say without a doubt if it was the real deal.

Unfortunately, I have never had the pleasure of trying any of the 2-C series, though I will be getting some as soon as I can figure out this methadone problem. Until then I can't afford to keep wasting these precious substances.

And as for meth and other amps? I don't personally enjoy the high of those so it's been awhile. I haven't used any amps since being on methadone.

Cocaine works just fine, though :)

So let me see if I understand this because now it's starting to make sense: MDMA works on serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine, correct? And methadone works on dopamine?

So basically I am experiencing the serotonergic effects, but not the dopamine. That would make sense because it truly feels like I am feeling half the experience. Just a guess, but I suspect there is some truth to this.

The last time I rolled was in 2005, long before my opiate abuse. Those times were magical. I'd give anything to experience that again, for my wife to experience it. The poor girl is in her early twenties and she's missing out dearly.

I hate how every time someone asks a question about drugs on Yahoo answers some prick starts insulting them for using drugs

tbh if you're asking how to use drugs on yahooanswers you should really expect it

Adder is spot on.. Not every brain is a text-book medical example.. I hope you punched through!

I once took e while on methadone. I felt absolutely NOTHING. While my boyfriend , who was not on methadone, was Rollin his brains out.

I am glad to see that everyone is replying to this, I've been desperate for answers.

Okay, to address the question: my wife and I are absolutely not taking any other medications. Zero.

We're on 60 mg daily methadone, and we do about a half gram of heroin every night to help us sleep.

This mdma I have had tested clean, all of my friends say it's fire, and yet me, my girl, and one of our other friends who is on methadone don't feel a thing.

I've sourced crystal (tested clean), liquid (tested clean), and pressed pills - Iron Man, teslas, supremes, minions, bitcoins, punishers - it's all the same. We start to feel as though we are coming up, slight tactile sensory enhancement, and that's it. Absolutely none of the euphoria, no energy, and not even a damn eye wiggle or two.

At first I believe these new super pills were not the same as the stuff we used to get in the late nineties/early aughts (the last time I rolled). I thought that maybe I was wearing rose tinted glasses and I was being nostalgic, falsely remembering MDMA being much better than it was.

But that doesn't make sense because my wife has never done the stuff and she's not feeling shit either. I can say without a doubt it is not my product.

Which leaves me with the only other possibility, and that is the methadone blocking it.

I believe this subject has not been fully researched and for the good of mankind and in the name of science I think it might be my duty to experiment. I am going to skip methadone for three days, using only a bit of heroin to hold me over, and I will try again. I will make a new thread documenting the results. Until then, keep the replies coming, this is extremely fascinating.

Mdma works solely upon serotonin, does it not? And methadone works on dopamine, correct? Therefore they should not effect one another.

It should be noted that my wife and I both trip just fine off of tryptamine based psychedelics, especially LSD. It should also be noted that we don't feel mescaline either, and that is, like mdma, and phenethylamine.
LSD is a lysergamide not a tryptamine. Maybe it somehow affects the effects of phenethylamine but it sounds very unlikely.

LSD is a lysergamide and a tryptamine based compounds. Tryptamine is not a lysergamide. Get your facts straight

I know this thread is old, but to the op...i'm on mmt and have been for few years now. I'm starting to wean off now, but i've always noticed the same thing as you and your spouse. Even the best pills (as an example, I have three wise monkeys atm) don't really make me roll. I just have similar effects to what you described you and your spouse get. And, btw, my friends are floored from just one of the monkeys. My friend who's a 90's roller like I am was floored from just one. I took half of one and barely felt it. That's not the only example. I could list dozens.

I'm convinced it's the methadone blocking serotonin receptors. Haven't you ever noticed that when you're on less methadone, music sounds so much better...like you get the tingles and stuff again? Music always sounds better to me in the morning before I take my dose. I have done so much mdma, I'm extremely in tune with my serotonin levels being affected in any way. Strangely though, when I was shooting heroin, I was still able to roll face. However, methadone is a different animal completely. I can't wait to roll again when I'm off completely. It'll be a nice reward for finally be free of the poison. ;-)