View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Does LSD have no notable difference in experience after a certain dose

RamenNoodleMan

Greenlighter
Will LSD not get you any more high after you take a certain dose, at least not where theres a noticable difference between (hypothetically especially considering not all tabs contain the same dosage) 100 tabs to 300 tabs

Supposedly LSD hits a saturation point around 1mg, so around 10 good strong tabs. Beyond this it's seems like the effects can build slightly as the more weak affinity receptor sites become more excited, but the main effects seem to peak out around 1mg.

100-300 tabs? That's crazy talk. I think there would hardly be a difference beyond wasting yourself and wasting more acid.

while it is not exactly the same as the top speed of a car engine, if you throttle extra fuel (you can't actually - but if you could, it would just be spilled through the system and) flame might appear in the exhaust indicating the wasted fuel.

wasted LSD is just wasted with no visible glory.

tripping is like achieving a intensity of mental resonance, it is not exactly like changing speed to a higher level, or like going further into outer space (or inner space)
the amount of resonance that can be appreciated is limited, more than that is just noise which translates as blackout or whiteout and possibly delirium without any memory formation.

Very well written analogy you should go buy some pizza or if you dont like pizza i guess a burrito. Danke

Still, remember that while LSD is most of all a 5HT2A agonist which makes it psychedelic, it is very promiscuous and has other mechanisms of action too although at a single standard dose those may not really be that significant or relevant. If you dose very high like 1000 µg it's possible you notice the secondary action. Maybe generally the psychedelic effect is so overwhelming that you don't notice all that much and are dissociated but I am not certain if we can really exclude synergy or modulation of the serotonergic effect.

Another thing is: the higher you go, the harder it seems to justify that you really needed to take that much. In my opinion that is another ceiling effect. I guess it 'resonates' with what pupnik said which is pretty fair.

Agreed that 100-300 tabs is surely a waste, the ceiling dose is debatable but that debate is about a range an order of magnitude lower than what you are talking about.

LSD is relatively safe but that doesn't mean you have to double check the therapeutic index yourself. Something like 1000 µg is hardcore, but if you really think that there is something more to gain from a trip you are probably a fool not to investigate the other factors involved instead like meditation or sensory deprivation. Regarding mystical experiences etc the dosage is absolutely not the only or probably even most important factor. Doesn't that tell you that there is also a limit to how important the ceiling effect is anyway?

Last edited:
Supposedly LSD hits a saturation point around 1mg, so around 10 good strong tabs. Beyond this it's seems like the effects can build slightly as the more weak affinity receptor sites become more excited, but the main effects seem to peak out around 1mg.

100-300 tabs? That's crazy talk. I think there would hardly be a difference beyond wasting yourself and wasting more acid.

I can DEFINITELY vouch that 800ug was way weaker than 2.2mg