• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Does fentanyl dislplace bupe from your mu receptor/does fentanyl have a higher binding affinity than Bupe?

Daddydopedick

Bluelighter
Hello,

I've seen this on other forums but didn't get the clear cut answer I wanted.

I'm on a low dose of 6mg bupe at the moment. I hate the wait it takes to start opiates again and I know a guy that sells pharma fentanyl patches.

I was wondering if the fent from the patches could displace some/all of the receptors that the bupe is currently occupying? I aren't sure which has a higher affinity, but if fent is stronger, surely it should displace the bupe?

That's my of thinking anyway.

I've only just got back onto Bupe (I have thousands saved up over years, so don't need to worry about getting them from pharmacy anymore, got years-worth left). But now I have some good stuff that's landed on my lap and want to take. Been on 6mg bupe for about 3 days, maybe 4, so not long. I'm aware the longer you take it, the longer you need to wait to take opiates and feel their effects. How long would one typically need to wait in this situation for if I wasn't able to use the fent? (6mg bupe for 3, maybe 4 days)

Thanks in advance for any help/advice!👍

Last edited:
try like a month maybe and you'll be at somewhat full strength. If you take enough fent yea it'll kill the bup off but then your tolerance will sky rocket and subs may never work again for you

According to wikipedia does fent have an affinity of 0,39nM for the mor receptor while buprenorphine has 0,7-2.3 so yes, in theory should fent displace bupe.

My personal experience is when I'm on a very small dose of bupi, i can use the patches buccaly at the same time. I deffo feel that.
I usually stopped my bupi after a couple of days on patches.
Switching to back to bupi has worked well for me too.
Just start with the tiniest ammount and work up slowly.
I have 0.2mg tablets and when done slowly, i can take 1mg of bupi the day after i did my last fent. so no pwds and withdrawals are gone within a weekend.

Every person is different and reacts differently but bupi seems to work at its best at microdoses.

My personal experience is when I'm on a very small dose of bupi, i can use the patches buccaly at the same time. I deffo feel that.
I usually stopped my bupi after a couple of days on patches.
Switching to back to bupi has worked well for me too.
Just start with the tiniest ammount and work up slowly.
I have 0.2mg tablets and when done slowly, i can take 1mg of bupi the day after i did my last fent. so no pwds and withdrawals are gone within a weekend.

Every person is different and reacts differently but bupi seems to work at its best at microdoses.
It's actually said that microdosing bupe can potentiate other opiates, not sure if you've heard of that but it's worth looking up if you're interested in that sorta thing 👍

try like a month maybe and you'll be at somewhat full strength. If you take enough fent yea it'll kill the bup off but then your tolerance will sky rocket and subs may never work again for you
The thing is, the patches I have are the plastic sticky patches, so I don't really even get a high from them. It's not like I have the gel patches where I can smoke it and get a high. I have the 25mcg/h for 72 hour patches. I'd just cut one in half and chew it and let the saliva build up in my mouth so it abrorbs as much as it can, all around my mouth, before I have to swallow. So I'm not using a lot of fent, most gets stuck in the plastic matrix, and the BA of doing it this way is said to be around 50%. So they're pretty low-dose patches & I'm only getting minimal fent to actually displace the bupe.

Also, I stay on bupe the majority of the time. I just treat myself to some brown (smoke, not IV), 1-2 times a year. It's the waiting period of the bupe to wait until I can smoke the brown that gets me, so what I would be doing is using fent patches for these occasions once every blue moon where I smoke a gram of heroin and then go back onto bupe afterwards. I wouldn't be using thenfent often at all.

If you want to have effect from the plastic patches use them buccally.
Clean and dry your upperlip. You can clean your gums wth alcohol.
Cut a quarter patch of the 25ug/hour and stick it to your inner lip.
No drink, talk of salivate for half an hour to an hour.
And keep it on your gums with no saliva at all.

For harm reduction purposes i don't recommend doing this, but I misused the patches that way for a long times and it works very, very well.😑😑😑

Indeed tolerance buildts up like a MF...😪

yea this has to be true but can you take enough m30 to make it work? without OD risk

so say I go on subs for 3-4 days @ 16mg a day
I thin eat 6-7 fent m30 and get a good buzz
the next day I should eat half that b/c of the half life so I don't die?
the more receptors available the higher the chances of OD just because has nothing to do with binding affinity just open receptors to take the fent in the blood stream

Bupe displaces fent, not the other way around, as evidenced by people going into PWD while dependent on fent, when taking bupe.
Yes.
And in my expierience starting with tiny bits of bupi it seems the seemingly stronger bupi is fighting and cleaning my receptors and replacing and refilling the ones used by the fent.
Very slowly and very gradually so WDs stay very bearable,
It no walk in the park, its bad when i do this.

I puke constantly, hot-cold trembles, very hard time interacting with any human and I still feel like dying when I do this switch,
but compared to going Cold Turkey or for instant Precipitated Withdrawal Syndrome by taking a large dose of bupi while the fent is still controlling your receptors.
Don't do that, that will harm you mentally even more than physically.
I'd rather take the microdose route.
But Im not you.
Im just sharing my experiences so maybe hopefully someone will be helped by these writings.💖
I have chosen to take the microdose route.

I know PWS very well, and every single time since I use this version of the Bernese method, i broke free from fent. But I'm getting to old to start that fight again.

Maybe I'm the exception to the rule, but lesson learned.
I had a nasty divorce from my old lover and mistress fentanyl and I can tell you she will destroy you, while you love and hate her at the same time.🔥🔥🔥
Her path leads down to death.
Don't let her evilness enslave you.
I'm never touching Fentanyl again in my life.😪😡

Last edited:
Ye it should be....that's why for guys on fent is so diffixult to transit on bupr........using Bernese method&so on.drugs from this group-fent analogues are amongst the powerful opioids.Used to incapacitate large animals in vet.practise.... likw rhinos or elephants

Ye it should be....that's why for guys on fent is so diffixult to transit on bupr........using Bernese method&so on.drugs from this group-fent analogues are amongst the powerful opioids.Used to incapacitate large animals in vet.practise.... likw rhinos or elephants
When I started using Rapifen ,(liquid nasaly) the brandname for Rapid acting Fentanyl at the time made me understand the power of this compound.
Terrifyingly banging over my Herion receptors, when I was 'lucky enough' to try this out.😳😑

When we started using 'Sufenta' , the brandname for Superfentanyl , (I think it was a 100th times stronger than Regular Fentanyl) at the time with anaesthesia during surgical procedures some 35 years ago, I knew the power in it, but never could have imagined, that Fentanyl would flood the world and bring destruction like it did.

This monstrosity has helped a lot of people...
Most of them into the deepest darkness forever.🖤🖤🖤

If you want to have effect from the plastic patches use them buccally.
Clean and dry your upperlip. You can clean your gums wth alcohol.
Cut a quarter patch of the 25ug/hour and stick it to your inner lip.
No drink, talk of salivate for half an hour to an hour.
And keep it on your gums with no saliva at all.

For harm reduction purposes i don't recommend doing this, but I misused the patches that way for a long times and it works very, very well.😑😑😑

Indeed tolerance buildts up like a MF...😪
I used them this way and it had no effect. Luckily I live in the UK and have a source for top-shelf #3 Afghan Heroin to smoke. No fent at all but it's so strong it sure feels like it does😅

(I say luckily as it's cheap as well, a gram is £60 and 3.5 grams is £200, and it gets cheaper from there until you get to an ounce. I hear it's hard to get hold of good heroin in the states and if you do, I've heard it's expensive af.)