• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Does fear have a threshold... (that can be broken)

iridescentblack

Bluelighter
I've gone over this mentally and figuratively to some degree. But before I go, a little backstory.

When I was younger I used to have a lot of fears. The main one was fear of the dark.

Fear of the dark in, exiting my teen years, came in the form of going outside at night, for whatever reason, and having a fear like, zombies coming around a corner or out of wherever.

Eventually I had faced so many fears that people would jump out at me... even though I didn't even see 'em... didn't have any kind of reaction. It's like I have no fear response.

Was kinda just wondering... is there a threshold that people can break, you know? Reach a certain point and all where you just don't get scared anymore?

EDIT: I guess the question is like... can a person become fearless to the degree that they can still sense shit, but not feel that intensity, you know?

Last edited:
IDK. Maybe. There's a psychological tactic called "flooding" and it is when you purposely surround yourself with whatever it is that you fear until you no longer feel the fear so acutely. It does work. I am using this technique to rid myself of a fear of loud noises, by learning how to shoot a gun.

You are maybe just desensitized to a certain threshold of fear. I can almost guarantee you there are higher levels and situations of fear you haven't been exposed to that would overwhelm you.

And then there's awakening, which pretty much remedies all fear forever, but not in the way most people think.

I had same kind of a point as kid. It happened maybe over half a year. And after, everything was different. Not so scary anymore.