Mental Health does exercise really help moderate to severe depression?

Brain biochemistry research is helping to provide new insights into the connection between our bodily and spiritual worlds. Emotions stimulate the brain to produce chemicals called neuropeptides. The blood carries them through the body, and they affect all organs, including the https://enrgifitness.com/the-evolution-of-fitness/, heart, hormonal and immune systems. So positive thinking really does have healing power.

Last edited:
Exercise is actually incredible, even when I feel like shit when I’m working out everything feels right for a little while, and it’s really nice seeing your body improve. Even with a herniated disc and sciatic and lower back pain (caused by working out) I try to work out as much as possible. Just be smart and don’t deadlift lol

anyone out there who got better from severe depression by exercising regularly ?
Little bit better by doing yoga.Sport is helpful also.Theres a natural activities that boost your transmitters,releasing endorphines...so exercise in any form is always good for ones mind and body.

Exercise will be a part for me for ever.
I dont know what kind of illness i have or had sevre my depression is, but running us for me letting light into a dark place.
Without running i wouldnt exist.
It saved me.
But thats maybe more in my case coz i was really fat.
It helped me with satisfaction i will run till i die.
But then wjen i was depressed back then in july 2020 not even runnimg helped.
I felt emotionles so i started AD namey 5-htp and now its back.

Make a 4 week plan. Ran every morning. 30min.
You will see it gets better and bette.
But its justba tool.

Yes. The body's detox and clearance pathways are all activated by rigorous movement. When you're sedentary, the lymphatic system gets backed up, then the liver. Think about all the metabolites of metabolic activity that are lingering around, not being cleared out as efficiently as they could be, blocking optimization of nutrient delivery. Physical stagnation is a real thing.

The mind and the body are one. If the body is stagnant then the mind will be too.

In my case it has been quite helpful, most notably when trying to get off of drugs, namely opioids. Less helpful in benzo withdrawal (then again essentially nothing improves benzo withdrawal much other than time itself). Not so sure, at least from personal experience, to what degree it improves depression. By increasing testosterone it might increase anxiety in certain ways, or reactiveness, but this is largely offset by improved sleep and the confidence that comes with the results of exercise (ie strength and the appearance of physical fitness).

I find it addictive however, and have some injuries because of overdoing it.
Low testosterone is linked with anxiety and depression, mood disturbances happen only at testosterone levels that are possible only by injecting it at high dosages.
Taking testosterone at TRT dosages (that means taking just enough to be in the high normal range) has have significant antidepressant and antianxiety effects on me and many others.

I think exercise is great for depression.
It can get you in shape, which boosts confidence, which naturally makes you feel better.

Plus the whole endorphin rush.

However, depending on your depression severity, just sticking to this can be a challenge all on it's own.

If you're just naturally depressed or maybe even moderately depressed it can help.

Severely depressed, you'll have to figure out how to get up first, unfortunately. Been there, over & over.
Only medicine & time can pull me out of a severe depressive episode.

Low testosterone is linked with anxiety and depression, mood disturbances happen only at testosterone levels that are possible only by injecting it at high dosages.
Taking testosterone at TRT dosages (that means taking just enough to be in the high normal range) has have significant antidepressant and antianxiety effects on me and many others.

I've never taken steroids, or at least I've never taken a cycle or testosterone, but years ago i injected a 250mg syringe full of testosterone into a muscle just to see if i felt anything. Nothing happened by a few days i found myself getting sort of edgy, and my when my brother-in-law left my car lights and drained the battery i got unusually mad. That's about it. But my testosterone has long been in the 900ng/dL range, and still is even in my 30s.

I've never taken steroids, or at least I've never taken a cycle or testosterone, but years ago i injected a 250mg syringe full of testosterone into a muscle just to see if i felt anything. Nothing happened by a few days i found myself getting sort of edgy, and my when my brother-in-law left my car lights and drained the battery i got unusually mad. That's about it. But my testosterone has long been in the 900ng/dL range, and still is even in my 30s.
Ya that was way too much.
Ideally you would inject a smaller dose every few days to achieve stable blood levels.
Rapid hormonal fluctuations usually cause mood/temper issues.

Eh, for me it keeps me level…I’ve never gotten “runner’s high” or “workout zen” however, I metabolize my meds better, they become more effective and my sleep greatly improves…so for me yes, working out improves my overall well-being…I just have realistic expectations now, no longer looking for euphoria…

anyone out there who got better from severe depression by exercising regularly ?

No. It is proven to help with mild to moderate depression but it is also proven not to effectively treat moderately severe to severe depression.

How about physical activity inside ?

Any physical activity helps, its about getting the blood going, the heart pounding and breaking a sweat. That's what'll get the endorphins going. After exercising for a while you'll get a particular taste in the back of your throat - that's the endorpines, and you'll feel it too, much like a high. Like a light morphine high. Very addictive. I find cycling to be the best way of achieving this for me, personally. Approximately 20-40km, but you can work your way up to that.

But sure, exercising indoors will get you there too (especially a particular kind of exercising indoors if you get me). Thing is, outdoors is preferable because you're getting the added extra of receiving Vitamin D from the sun and the actual act of being outdoor around people in a recreational setting like a park works wonders for depression in itself. Sometimes you don't want to go outside when you're extremely depressed - I get it - but if you ever want to be able to comfortably be outside you're going to have to force yourself through discipline ie doing that which you don't feel like doing.