• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Does edible cannabis compare to mushroom/lsd trip at all?

awkwardchild

Bluelighter
I had 1.5g of marijuana last night in the form of firecracker. i was very high, ive never done any psychedelics before (i want to, pretty sure ill be doing shrooms fairly soon), but it felt like i was starting to trip. i was getting very mild halucinations, both open and closed eye. nothing intense really but it definitely felt very trippy.

i remember looking at my digital clock and just thinking how retarded the numbers looked, how stupid it all seems

so im wondering if mushrooms or lsd compare to a strong edible cannabis exp, or if it is a completely different ball game and i have no idea what im up against

it's not totally different, weed is closer to LSD than heroin obviously, so you're not totally far off, but weed consumed any way is not really very similar to LSD at all, at least for me, but much similar than say heroin, benzo's or stimulants are to LSD. if that makes sense.

A really intense oral cannabis high is similar to other psychs like lsd and mushrooms in low doses but still very very different ime.

For me intense cannabis highs can be even more uncomfortable/ mind racing than alot of other traditional pychs and rcs i have had the oppurtunity to indulge in.

When you're new to cannabis then yes, it can be actually quite similar to low dose of LSD. However after years of smoking its possible to gain CRAZY tolerance to weed, up to point where smoking 3g of good weed will just make you very tired and not happy at all. Whereas with stronger psychs like LSD or shrooms its always be possible to trip strong, although much higher dose will be required of course.

The difference being that LSD doesn't dumb you down at all. Whereas when you're really stoned, you're really stoned. I think we can all agree on that.

This thread is silly, you're comparing apples to oranges here. Marijuana is nothing like LSD IMO, nor is it like mushrooms. Opium would probably be the easiest to compare. That warm heavy feeling can be reached by eating a shit load of high CBD edibles but I havent had a trippy experience from marijuana in years, granted I've been smoking daily since I was 12 though.

A strong edible cannabis experience, while not similar to a psychedelic, can be very intense and trippy. Sometimes more intense than a trip.

idk where i have read this but sometime a good while ago a few people were ingesting up to a oz of hash over the course of 2-3 days and tripping very hard for days, cant remember what kind of hash in particular (im searching for where i read this one day). i also remember reading they wouldnt consume thc up to a year before the trip so theres minimal tolerance.

i want to find this link for some who havent seen or heard about this ill hunt it donw, its kinda interesting imo.

Cannabinoids are a completely unique class of drugs. Not in any way comparable to psychedelics, dissociatives, deliriants, stimulants, opiates, benzos, or anything else.

Weed is totally psychedelic in higher doses. I've tripped from taking a few too many bong hits of mary jane before. And the clock problem you had sounds a lot like the destruction of the concept of time I (and I'm sure others as well) feel from psychedelics.

However, that being said, they are very different. Don't bring your expectations from that edible experience with you if/when you go towards psychedelics.

cannabis orally seems to make sick my stomach. Can be prepared by some way that not hurt the stomach?

No, it's a heavier high but it's not at all the same... you can hallucenate off weed though... i just copied this from some thread about Ambien cause this same subject came up::

p.s. I dont know what you're tryin to say about weed but you can trip on weed if you do A TONNN, i was on a bus for like 20 hours going somewhere and i was all drunk and had a shit ton of canni-cookies for the trip and what not; each bag had like 5ish and i sat on them by accident. COMPLETELY POWDERIZED, hahah, but i couldn't sleep so I said fuck it and was mowwin them down like a horse eating out of a bag of grain. I COULD NOT SLEEP, AT ALL and i was fuckin on one, weird little hallucinations, but they're there.

but ya gotta throw the fuck down, those cookies^ were my headstash and I ate them daily for a while they were STRONG.

But in response no... they're different drugs homie :\

I know that cannabinoids are special class of drugs but as many said, with large dose and small tolerance weed can be very psychedelic.
I still remember like 7 years ago when I first smoked a bong home alone and watched some movie, I literally thought I became part of the movie and that its characters are just ignoring me but know I am there with them. When the movie ended everything in the room looked like a cartoon and time perception was totally off. I thought I was stoned for 10 hours when it was just 1.5.
Those were the good times.. now I have to completely avoid weed, makes me anxious.

It is always different feel from LSD, not arguing that, but it can be similarly strong experience that will burn in your head for some time :)

^ that sounds like a similar experience i had on ket movie was also fer and loathing :D after it was over i had a ridiculously hard time getting out of bed. hahah.

but i have also hallucinated of weed snuck out of a school disco to have a ciggie got chased by teahcers in a car then hid behine this big mound of dirt. Then what we thought we seen was the guy flashing his face around from the wall near the entrance to the venue like how in mortal kombat that guys jumps out and yells TOASTY..lol and it looked liek another dude sitting on the back of a flat bed with a gun cocked :S was well fucked but funny as

Lol Man! Actually it WAS Fear and Loathing in LV. now that you mention it, I havent seen it for years so I forgot the name. So you can imagine how crazy I felt that time, being in the room with those 2 crazy druuged psychonauts. I loved it and was scared at the same time lol.

Lmfao! i know exactly how you felt the k really hit me when they started covering the race in the desert and i was just like a by stander hanging out with them everywhere but making no contribution to anything as i was obviously not in the movie..lmao but yeh pretty awesome experience :D might have to get mangled and try it again.

I'll have to watch it again on some psychedelic I trust now, either LSD or shrooms or 6-APB.
I want to be serotonin-drugs-free for whole May but I'll have plenty of opportunities in the summer!